03

Sugar, Spice, and Everything's MINE

High High

"I hate Geography!" Hoya tossed the book all the way to the other side of the room, stretching out his arms and legs as he made himself comfortable on the king sized bed. Junhyung, Myungsoo, Hoya and Woohyun are all hanging out in Junhyung's room just like they always do every night.

 

"Without Geography, you're nowhere." Junhyung said, smirking at his own sarcasm.

 

"Very funny." Hoya faked out a laugh and rolled his eyes. All of a sudden, a loud bang came from the door as Junhyung’s little sister, Hyosung, jumped inside the room.

"Ya! Oppa and his friends who never seems to hang out at their own houses, dinner's ready!" Hyosung yelled enthusiastically. The four boys only looked at her with a bored expression; however, Hyosung doesn’t seem to notice.

"Quiet down, you little monster." Junhyung ordered, throwing a pillow to Hyosung. The younger girl tried to catch it but failed as it hits flat on her face.

"Now this is the difference between a girl and a boy," Junhyung said when he stood up. "When you throw something at a girl, it hits her face." He smirked before continuing, "But when you throw something at a boy, he will try to catch it and then it hits his face." He ruffled his little sister's hair and quickly went outside the room.

"Ya! Oppa! I'm a girl!" Hyosung stomped her foot and accidentally hit Myungsoo who was just beside her. She flinched when she realized her fault. "Sorry Oppa! I--"

Before she even finished her apology, she was rendered speechless from Myungsoo's sweet smile. He winked as he walk right pass her, making Hyosung froze from her spot almost instantly. Woohyun and Hoya then walked pass the poor girl with sly grins plastered on their lips.

"The power of Myungsoo's smile. Ya! Don't do that often. It kills people." Woohyun said as he ran towards Myungsoo and wrapped an arm around the boy's shoulders, walking side by side with him.

"Let's go to the Cube after dinner! I need a distraction from studying!" Hoya shouted, putting his arms up in the air.

"Sounds like a plan." Junhyung said quietly, letting out a smile.

---0-0-0-0---

"Doojoon, let's go to the Cube!" Dongwoo pleaded Doojoon who was currently watching a soccer match rerun. Kikwang only laughed at the scene in front of him and threw popcorn inside his mouth.

"No." was Doojoon's only reply for he is so absorbed at what he's watching.

"Please…"

"No..."

"I'll make you lunch for a whole month."

"Your cooking stinks. So, no."

"I'll buy your team's limited edition soccer uniform for you."

"Already beat you to it."

"Doojoon, why don't we just go? I mean, this match is a rerun anyway." Kikwang managed to interrupt the two. He slightly flinched when Doojoon gave him a death glare.

"The more important you watch it, Kikwang. In reruns, you get to savor again the feeling of victory your team once had. It's like the feeling of nostalgia pouring in to you." Doojoon explained, making dramatic hand gestures as he did so.

"Geez, you sound like Hyunseung. Stop that." Dongwoo said, putting his hands dramatically over his ears. "Hey, speaking of Hyunseung. Let's call them up and then we could go to the Cube together."

"Forget it. We're not going." Doojoon said as he shifted to get comfortable in his seat.

"Even if Hyunseung's sister might come along?" Kikwang asked, eyeing Doojoon 'innocently'. The said boy quickly turned his head and looked at Kikwang conspicuously.

---0-0-0-0---

Sungyeol was a bit startled at the sound of his phone ringing. He looked at the screen and smiled as he saw Kikwang's number flashing on it and immediately pushed the answering button.

"Kikwang hyung? Why?.” He asked over the phone.

"Just hang in there kid, I'm going to make a conference call." Kikwang briefly said.

"Sure."

After a while, Sungyeol started to hear Sunggyu and Hyunseung's voice on the other line.

"Why call us?" Sunggyu asked, letting out a yawn.

"That's right. I need my sleep now." Hyunseung added.

"Well, we're going to the Cube and since we're officially friends we're thinking if you guys want to hang out?" Kikwang said, his voice cheerful.

"Sounds fun. Sure!" Sungyeol beamed.

"Ya! Choding, you need to rest. Kids need that to be active at school." Sunggyu teased. If only he could see Sungyeol sticking out his tongue at him.

"Aigoo. I can't go," Hyunseung started. "Gina noona's partying with her friends at the Cube right now. I Don't really want to be seen by her in that kind of place."

Suddenly, a shriek was heard from Kikwang's line followed by Doojoon's loud voice.

"Gina's at the Cube?? right now?!" Doojoon asked, almost screaming.

"Yup." Hyunseung answered.

Doojoon looked back at the TV screen and then asked, "What is she wearing?"

"I think she's wearing a pink sparkling mini dress. I don't really know. Her outfit kind of blinded me earlier." Doojoon looked again at the TV.

"I am sorry. But right now, Gina's first." Doojoon then focused back to the phone and said. "Okay gang, we’re going to the Cube."

"Not if you can't talk me in it." Hyunseung immediately said, making Doojoon cringe.

---0-0-0-0---

"I can't believe you're able to talk me into this!" Hyunseung said in exasperation as he left the car. They are all riding Doojoon’s van.

“Just get inside and have some fun!” Doojoon said, shoving Hyunseung on the entrance of the Cube with everyone following behind them.

“Aha, says the guy who can’t get his off the couch because of some soccer match rerun.” Hyunseung retorted, crossing his arms on his chest.

“Of course you’ve got the nerve to say that.” Doojoon then ruffled Hyunseung’s perfectly styled hair and run inside, causing the other boy to be furious and run after him.

“Ya! When I caught you you’re dead!!” Hyunseung shouted, though through the loud music coming inside of the club, his shout was nothing but a muffled cry.

“Wow. Now that Doojoon and Hyunseung officially made this a have-your-own-business-thing, who wants some drink?” Dongwoo said, raising his right arm as he look at his friends. Sunggyu then raised an arm.

“I’m with you brother.” Sunggyu said and together with Dongwoo, they went inside and disappeared.

“We should get inside and find a table for the group.” Kikwang said, smiling goofily at Sungyeol.

“Hmm, of course…”

---0-0-0-0---

Hyunseung wasn’t sure where exactly he is right now. The atmosphere is full of fog and neon lights emphasized by the dark surroundings. Loud party music was booming everywhere, making Hyunseung’s heart thump wildly on his chest. Worse, he lost Doojoon so he is practically alone.

Hyunseung looked and his eyes fell at the direction of the dance floor, full of grinding and heated bodies. He let out a snicker, seeing that those people all looked ridiculous to him. He was about to turn around when the music suddenly changed. Hyunseung’s eyes went wide as he hears his favorite song being played.

Seonsuibjang araseo mojyeo T.O.P Class

I'm Mr. G in the club in my B-Boy Stance

Jinjja nol jul aneun dul

Jedaero teojin geumsul

Everybody make it move

Make it move ttaengkkyeo jjuk

“Must. Dance. To. This.” Hyunseung slide his way on to the center of the club, the goal of finding Doojoon now sent to oblivion.

---0-0-0-0---

“Two gin tonic please.” Dongwoo said to the bartender and gave him a friendly smile. The bartender only nod and quickly gave his order. Dongwoo handed one glass to Sunggyu.

“Thanks.” Sunggyu said., looking around the place and then back at Dongwoo. “You guys hang around here often?”

“Naah. Not much. Most of the times we watch Doojoon’s soccer matches together. Or study.” Dongwoo took a sip of his drink. He suddenly went excited when he heard the song being played.

“Oh my god, I love this song. Wanna dance, Sunggyu?” Dongwoo asked, already leaving his seat.

“Nope. I’m good here. Maybe later.” Sunggyu answered. Dongwoo just nodded and immediately disappeared on the sea of people.

As Sunggyu was sipping his gin tonic, he remembered Hyunseung and Sungyeol. Reaching his pocket, he fished out his cell phone and started dialing Hyunseung’s number when someone tapped his shoulder. Sunggyu turned around and saw a boy with a really nice smile plastered on his face. He’s wearing dark fitting jeans and a red vest over a gray graphic top.

“Nam Woohyun?” Sunggyu said in disbelief. Nam Woohyun, the Student Body President and one of Woolim Arts Academy's so called 'flower boy material' just tapped his shoulder and smiled at him randomly. Sunggyu suddenly felt his chest getting heavy as he took Woohyun's presence on a negative light, remembering his accidental encounter with the boy's group that ended up on a half day marathon.

“Wow... You know me!” Woohyun beamed, sitting himself next to Sunggyu, the latter raising an eyebrow.

“Everyone at school knows who you are.” Sunggyu said, his voice flat as he tries to hide his nervousness.

“Except for you. Last thing I remembered, you’re the only one who didn’t even take a glance at me in our Math class.” Woohyun said, sipping his own drink. Sunggyu quickly looked at him, his eyes blinking in confusion.

“We’re classmates in Math class?” Sunggyu almost shouted. Woohyun only gave out a chuckle.

“Gosh, I’m hurt. My seat’s right behind you.” Woohyun said, smiling mischievously. Sunggyu felt like digging a really deep hole at where he is right now and just stay there forever, or atleast when Woohyun is gone.

“I’m so sorry,” Sunggyu muttered. “It’s just that something’s bothering me at that moment and I --- I’m really sorry.” He heard another laugh from Woohyun.

“Don’t be shy. It’s okay, I understand.” Woohyun then let out a goofy grin that made Sunggyu’s heart took a one way flight to Mars as felt his face heating up like crazy.

---0-0-0-0---

Sungyeol watched as Kikwang shifted on his seat and looked every now and then on the dance floor. He knew that the older wanted to dance so bad and enjoy.

“Ya,” Sungyeol said, earning Kikwang’s attention. “You can leave me behind, you know. It’s not like I’m a five year old kid who would do anything rash."

At this, Kikwang gave out a smile at Sungyeol before leaving him behind. Sungyeol then sank back onto his seat and took a sip of his piña colada as soon as the older boy was out of sight. He looked around the club in curiosity as it was his first time entering such place. It can't be helped though when he only have an overly protective grandpa and a stick-to-book diva as his friends. But honestly speaking, now that he had officially entered a club, he felt like going out immediately. The surrounding felt sticky and hot and the loud boom of music and neon lights doesn’t help either.

Suddenly feeling bored, thanks to his conclusion, his gaze randomly fell on a table across him. A man in his late 20's with a hair dyed  white was sitting there with five girls all clinging to him like there was no tomorrow. But for some reasons, his eyes were glued to Sungyeol as the stranger engaged to have an eye contact with him. The man looks really handsome for Sungyeol. With enticing sharp eyes, curvy lips and a perfectly chiseled jaw, one would really fall for the man's looks. His white hair surprisingly adds to his charisma too. But even though it is perfectly clear that the man was nowhere near the image of a harmful monster, Sungyeol can't help but to feel weak under the stranger's gaze so he broke the eye contact and looked away from the table. He fished out the cell phone from his pocket and decided to play some games.

“It’s odd to play with your phone in this kind of place.” Sungyeol quickly yelped and jump from his seat when he felt someone’s hot breath on his neck. He turned around, only to see the last person on Earth that he wants to see at the moment.

“Kim Myungsoo!” Sungyeol shouted, his left hand holding the part of his neck where he felt Myungsoo’s breath.

“Fancy meeting a princess in this carnival.” Myungsoo said, his lips letting out an evil grin.

“W-what do yo-you w-want.’ Sungyeol begun to stutter, his other hand gripping tightly on his phone.

“I see you’re with someone. Is it a date?” Myungsoo asked back, totally ignoring Sungyeol’s question.

“What? No! Eww…”

“Eww? So, you’re saying that you like guys like Yong Junhyung?”

“What’s wrong with your brain??!” Sungyeol snapped at Myungsoo, making the handsome boy frown.

“You’re no fun,” Myungsoo started, scrunching up his nose. “Considering how much of an attention seeker you are.”

Sungyeol’s eyes went wide at what he heard. “What the hell?”

“You heard me.” Myungsoo regained the smirk on his face. “A-tten-tion seeker.”

Sungyeol let out a smirk before quickly raising his hand and tried hitting Myungsoo in the face, but the latter caught his fist on time.

“Now, now. A princess never tries to punch someone in the face.” Myungsoo said, gripping tightly on Sungyeol’s fist.

“I am not a princess.” Sungyeol retorted, gritting his teeth.

“You look like one for me.” Myungsoo let down Sungyeol's fist and smoothens it as he intertwined their hands together, much to the former's annoyance. “Your hand’s soft.”

“Let go of me.”

“No,” Myungsoo then moved closer and closer to Sungyeol until they are only a few centimeters apart. “Not when there’s a man across your table looking at you like he’s stripping your clothes off.”

“Huh?” Sungyeol turned around and saw the man he was looking at earlier. True enough, when their eyes met, the man winked at him, making Sungyeol shivered.

“If you keep looking at him for another five seconds I could guarantee you that he’s going to come here and start pestering you. Then try to you afterwards.” With that said, Sungyeol quickly looked away, unconsciously gripping Myungsoo’s hand tight.

“Scared?” Myungsoo mused, holding up their hands a little for Sungyeol to see. Out of embarrassment, Sungyeol pulled away his hand.

“Wow. You look even better up close.” Sungyeol heard a voice behind him and immediately turned around only to find that the man from across the table was now in front of him. Sungyeol felt his heart beating fast because of nervousness.

“Hi. I’m Choi Seunghyun, owner of this place. But just call me TOP. What about you?” The man continued, lending his hand to Sungyeol. Suddenly, Myungsoo broke into laughter.

“Seunghyun hyung, don’t be such a player. Not with someone I’m with at least.” Myungsoo said, holding Sungyeol in the waist and pulling the former closer to him. Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo as the situation quickly registered on his head.

“You knew him?!” Sungyeol yelled, pushing Myungsoo away. Myungsoo only grinned for an answer. TOP laughed at the sight before him.

“That brat is my cousin.” TOP explained, brushing away the strayed strands of hair from his face. “I’m sorry for confusing you.”

Sungyeol once again glared at Myungsoo who was now unable to control his mocking laugh. Without saying any word, Sungyeol slapped Myungsoo’s face, hard. Myungsoo looked at him disbelievingly, his mouth a bit apart. TOP was also taken by surprise.

“You’re such an ,” Sungyeol started. “I don’t even know why you’re that famous at school.” He then started walking away, leaving a dumbfounded Myungsoo and TOP behind.

---0-0-0-0---

Doojoon looked from left to right, up and down, but he couldn’t see a really pretty girl in a pink sparkling mini dress. Could it be that Gina had already headed home? Doojoon went sad at the thought and his gaze fell down on the floor. He’s currently at the middle of the club and surrounded by heated dancing bodies, but he’s not even moving his feet.

“Doodoo?” Like answering his wish, a very familiar sweet voice rang on Doojoon’s ears. He quickly looked around and saw the person he had been looking for. The girl in pink sparkling mini dress, Gina.

“Gina… Gina!” Doojoon beamed and went towards Gina. The girl smiled sweetly at his gesture.

“You alone? Where’s Kikwang and Dongwoo?” Gina asked Doojoon as she wrapped her hands into his arms, making Doojoon feel a surge of electricity run through his body.

“Uhm..” Doojoon cleared his throat a bit. “They’re somewhere here, making a ruckus of their own.” And as if on cue, Kikwang and Dongwoo went pass them, oblivious to their presence and dancing like complete idiots. Doojoon slapped his forehead.

“Sorry you have to see them like that.” Doojoon said, looking down. Gina only laughed heartily.

“It’s okay. It’s fun.” Gina said. She looked at Doojoon and smiled. “Wanna dance with me, Doodoo?”

Doojoon stared at Gina before wordlessly nodding at her.

---0-0-0-0---

Hyunseung felt his heart pulsating and his sweat running down his face. He felt so alive. He smiled as he made moves no one else in the dance floor could imitate. He’s a dancing machine and he knew it. He danced with girls and boys, leaving them if he was bored. He moves around the place like a diva and he likes it.

“Nice moves.” Hyunseung heard a rich low voice from behind. He spun around only to halt and stare at the person who owns the voice. Yong Junhyung.

“Junhyung…” Hyunseung half whispered, still staring at Junhyung. The latter gave out a smirk.

“You look really awesome tonight.” Junhyung said, moving closer to Hyunseung. “We should dance.”

Hyunseung’s eyebrows furrowed. “Oh really.”

“Yeah.” Junhyung then raised his right hand high enough for the DJ to see, snapped his fingers and immediately, the music change. Eventhough he was annoyed, Hyunseung can’t help but to let out a grin at the overly confident boy standing in front of him.

“Is that how you suave things out with people?” Hyunseung asked, letting himself get close at Junhyung and tugged on the latter's top.

“Hmm… maybe…” Junhyung held on Hyungseun's waist and pulled the boy closer to him. “So now, shall we dance?”

Hyunseung smiled brightly at Junhyung and without uttering a word, he stomped hard at Junhyung’s foot before pushing him away. Junhyung fell down instantly, making other people turn their heads and look at them.

“Sorry, The Jang Hyunseung doesn't buy your cheap tricks like some s do.” Hyunseung said as he walks away at the now sitting Junhyung.

When Hyunseung was gone, Junhyung quickly got up and glared at the people looking at him, making them look away. He was pissed. That diva with a bright orange hair did not just stomped at anyone’s foot; he stomped on Yong Junhyung’s foot. And he’s going to pay.

Junhyung quickly get his phone in his pocket and speed dialed Myungsoo’s number. When Myungsoo pick up, Junhyung’s face went bright.

“Ya, Myungsoo. Want to play some game?”

----XOXOX----

 

A/N: kyaa~ that was long... Sorry people!!! hahahahaha!!! Anyways, sorry for not replying into your comments but yeah... Of course there would be other pairings apart from junseung and myungyeol; otherwise, the world would never be fun.. hahahahhahahha!!! Please love this chapter as much as the other chapters... Byeom!

 

Junseung, anyone?