Home Town

Decisions

                                                                                                   

I woke up earlier to start packing. I stood there starring at my open suitcase as it laid there empty and all my clothes spread out on the bed around  it.

I put my hands on my hips, "mmm... I have a lot of boyish clothes... this wont do."

I turned around to my closet where I kept my more girlier clothes. I wasnt a full blown tom boy or girly girl, it all varried on my mood. But I didnt mind dressing preppy, unlike my friends, they preferred the tomboy look over the girly things any day. Even though I wasnt preppy, I felt like the prep out of the group.

I began to shuv a weeks worth or summer shirts, skirts and sandals in my suit case. i wanted to make a good first impression to his family. I even put some basketball shorts, 2 t-shirts, my blue converse and a big hoodie, just in case if I decided to go for a run or something.

I spent a good 2 hours packing and unpacking. I didnt realize packing for only 4 days would be this much hard work.

"oh god, packing for Korea was easier than this!" I panted as I sat on my suitcase trying to get it to close. It was one of my smaller cases I brought when I came to korea back in June. When I looked at the clock, it was 1PM, our train was leaving at 1:45. It was time to go.

*************************************
The girls found out about my trip when i came home that night after going to bangtans apartment. i think they were more excited then i was.

My stomach only tightened as i approached the outside of the station waiting for the train. I raised my head and looked around for Hoseok. i realized he couldn't be seen with me, not yet, but i just wanted to make sure he came. My eyes searched the crowd over and over as i tried to look over people's head, as high as my short legs could lift me. Then thats when i knew it was him. Long legs, crazy looking shades, an extremely ugly hat (it was probably RapMon's), and those long slender fingers as it gripped onto his bag. i recognized those fingers anywhere.

The horn to the train soon went off, letting all the passangers know it was time to board. I was one of the first people to board this certain train cart, immediately took my seat and gave my luggage to one of the train attendents as he put it away where all the larger luggage was stored. It was a 2-seater row, with the seat next to me empty. Once i sat quietly, i looked behind my seat to the other rows behind to see if i could spot him. Jhope was on the other side of the train sitting in a row by himself about 5 rows back. i sat straight once more and put my headphones on to listen to music until he deciced to come sit next to me.

Jeolla wasnt very far, but it wasnt very close either, but with all the stops along the way, the trip seemed very long. After sitting there for almost 2 hours, i was beginning to nod off. Thats when it hit me, literally.

"Ow!" i felt a heavy bag land on me. i looked up to see Hoseok in his horrible diguise.

"shhhh! dont draw attention!" He pushed passed my legs to sit next to the window. He then took the bag off my lap and put it by his feet.

"haha, how long do you plan on wearng that?"

"Until i arrive inside the home of my parents. why? ARE YOU EMBARESSED?"

i put my hand over his mouth, "only if you dont quiet down!"

He moved my hand and chuckled,  "i saw you sleeping already. dont get too tired, we should be there in about another hour."

i only nodded and awaited for Jeolla as we sat their quietly sharring ear buds for the rest of the trip.

As we arrived in Jeolla, we werent exactly in his hometown yet, but the train passed thru the farming lands. it was beautiful. I leaned over Jhope to get a better look out the window, he only laughed and leaned further back giving me more room. Green pastures for rice, hills filled with herbs, and other plants soaking in the rays of the sun.

"Beautiful huh?" he whispered as he looked out the window with me.

"extremely..." i said silently with my hands pressed against the window but my eyes never leaving the scenery.

"Thats why you're my 2nd Jeolla..."

i havnt heard him say that since the day we stood on the roof of the club. I turned and looked at him. But then i just raised my eyebrow and punched him in his tiny man chest. "Stop being so greasy!"

He wrapped his arms around his chest, " ahhh" he complained. "Im sensitive there!"

"Maybe you should try working out then"

"you hush!" he wrapped his arms around my head messing with me.

**************************************

We soon arrived in the city of Gwangju inside the province of Jeolla. His home town. it was rather a pretty large city, but not nearly as huge to Seoul at all. As soon as the train stopped Hoseok immediately asked the attendent to get our larger bags while we stood up and grabbed our carry ons and headed to the exit door. The attendent handed us our luggage and soon enough we were walking out the Gwangju station.

It was about 4pm and i was starving.

"Hoseok..... im hungry..." you could hear the whale noises escaping my stomach..

He paid absolutly no attention to me as i saw him indulge in his home town once more. He let out a happy yell and had a large grin on his face, showing the entire world his large horse teeth. i completely forgot about my hunger as i saw him there taking it all in.

He let out a deep happy sigh and turn towards me, " well, we better get to my parents house! I WANT MY MOMMY'S COOKING!"

The boy had no shame in his game, 20 years old and proudly yelling about his 'mommy'. He grabbed my larger luggage as he let me carry his smaller bag. With one luggage in each hand, he sped down the street like their will be no tomorrow. He looked funny doing this, i had to stop and laugh for a good minute before i could run to catch up with him. But he shortly ran out of breath an decided to walk the rest of the way.

Soon enough we walked towards the outer skirts of the larger part of the city till we made it to a more subburb area where there were more actual homes then apartment buildings.

. We came to a stop at the front of this one house where Jhope dropped the bags and sighed with releif, "ah, this is it."

i looked at the smallish home, it wasnt huge, nor tiny, but it looked very homey.

"Now to let my parenrs know your coming"

what!?

"YOU DIDNT TELL THEM!?"

"ummm...noooo~?"

"oh god Jhope.." i slapped my hand against my face.

"hey hey calm down. it'll be fine" he picked the bags back up and headed for the front door.

i felt my stomach in knots again.

He walked straight up to the door and rang the door bell. After the 2nd ring, the door slowly opened and from behind appeared a man in about his late 40s. The look on his face was shocked, and immediately turned to a large smile. "ah!" the man exclaimed. "Yeobo....Yeobo! " he yelled as he turned his face inside the house. "Our boy! he's home!"

i looked from the man to jhope, he had a huge smile on his face, you could tell he wanted to tear up after seeing the older man.

"omo omo omo!" came a womans voice from inside as she came to the door. "oh! my Hoseok!" she cried as she wrapped her shorter arms around him the best she could since he was much taller then her.

"omma! aboji!" Jhope cried as he hugged his parents, reuniting for the first time in over a year. His mom kissed his cheek and he ree to her and hugged his dad once more and wiped the tears that fell. "okay no more tears!" as he gave a warm encouraging smile. " Omma, Apa, i want you to meet someone!"  thats when i froze.

"This is Surin."

i felt scared, but bowed immediately. "Hello! My name is Surin.."  I felt my hands shaking.

" Surin huh?" his mom said curiously. She walked away from the door towards me. i felt my chest pounding. What if she wouldnt like me? i Then felt these warm hands on mine.

"You're not from around here are you?"  she said kindly.

i shook my head.

"No shes not, shes not even from this country. She comes from America." Jhope said with a smile.

"Well, you two should be hungry after arriving from Seoul. i'll start dinner immediately." She smiled at me warmly then walked back inside. His dad followed after. i let out a major sigh of relief.

"ahaha! I told you that you would be fine!"

I wanted to punch him at that point.

We both walked into the house as Jhope went back to his old room to get settled and his mom led me to another room at the end of the hallway. 
"You can stay in here for now"
I walked in, thanked her, then closed the door so I could change into something more presentable then the comfort clothes I had on for the trip. When I looked around, it was quite obvious it was a girls room with the desk with make up on it, the cute stuffed animals, and the G-dragon poster on the wall.

I changed into a knee high blue spring skirt with a simple white and gold graphic T with a black fly away cardigan over that. It was simple, but more presentable then what I was wearing before. I closed my luggage and came out the room as quickly as I could. 

Right when I walked out the room, so did Hoseok, wearing a red t-shirt and blue shorts. He smilied and led me to the kitchen.

"Ah! something smells good!" he yelled.

You saw his mom working hard in the kitchen and his dad taking anything that was finished to the back of the house.

"why is it going back there?" I whispered.

"come see!" he pushed me out the back door where his family had a traditional dining setting.

"oh how pretty!" I clapped like a little kid.

Soon right after, his parents came out with bowls and set them on the short traditional table. We all sat around the table, his parents on one side and me and Jhope on the other. I looked at the soup curiously. ive seen it before but never tried it yet.

"Its Seolleongtang. The broth is white because its cooked with ox bones" Said Jhope as he began to eat after his parents did.

I took a spoonful, it tasted amazing.

"How is it?" His dad asked me.

I smiled and wiped my mouth,"ah its very good! thank you!" I saw both his parents smile at my response. Maybe they were going to like me after all.

I soon heard something drop by the back door. When I looked up, I saw a tall thin girl with medium length hair, that looked like it was dyed a warm brown, and her bangs fringed maybe in her early 20s?

"THIS KID!" she yelles as she ran towards the table.

"ah ah! wait wait wait unf-!!!" exclaimed Hoseok, but it was too late. She had him on the floor, sitting on top of him, giving him a nudgy. "Ahhh!!! that hurts!"

"Whose. my. baby. brother? YOU ARE AHAHAHA!!" as she sat there wrestling him.

"Yeseok! get off the floor!" their mom yelled.

Baby brother? Yeseok? So this is that sister of his? That must be who that room belonged to.

"Ya! Get off me!" He easily pushed her off and stood up.

"woe woe, baby brother isnt so tiny aha!" She stood up next to him, and he stood well over her. "Come here!" and she hugged him.

We were all sitting at the table once more, with the whole family being there, questions began to be asked.

"Hoseok, how long do you plan on staying?" his father sat straight.

"Ah well, I can only stay for 4 day, 3 by tomorrow. I have to get back to schedules back in Seoul by Saturday."

his dad only nodded.

"Aw such a short time? That's not long enough to pick on you" his sister snickered as she ate.

************************************

When dinner finished, I helped Yeseok take the dishes to ths kitchen as Jhope went to go talk to his parents privately, which made me really nervous.

"So where you from?" Yeseok asked as she began on washing the dishes.

"me? oh well...im from America."

"what? Thats so cool! ive always wanted to go their for studying in college."

"did you ever go?"

"haha no. couldnt afford it. So, how are you and Hoseok connected that he brought you here?" she smiled at me curiously cause she seemed to already know the answer.

"oh uhhhh..." I began to rub my arm, "well me and Hoseok uhh"

"are dating. its quite obvious. He smiles at you with that same dumb smile he does when he looks at food. it takes a lot to get that you know."

I couldnt help but laugh at how funny her response was.

"Well hey, im just about done with these, then we can head to my room. They probably won't be done talking till we fall asleep anyway." she put the last dish away and we headed to her room. I took my luggage off her bad as she closed the door right behind me.

"How old are you?" she asked as she sat on the bed, signalling me to come sit next to her.

"im 18"

"wow! still young!"

"Well back home in 18, I guess here I would be 19"

"ah you go by standard age. Then our Hoseok is 20 to you instead of 21. I see."

I nodded.

She was then silent for a little, then looked at my luggage then at me."If you want you can hang your clothes in my closet I have plently of room." She got up and threw my luggage on her bed once more and helped me unpack. We continued to talk for about an hour about anything and everything.

I really liked Yeseok, she was really cool, nice, gorgeous, and we immediately clicked. She made me feel right at home. Her bed was huge and offered to share it with me since we were both girls anyway. It felt like a sleep over making it more fun. Before we knew it, we knocked out.

*****************************

I woke back up at 1am-ish? I had to go use the bathroom. But right when I cracked the door open, I heard another door across the hallway open as well.

"We'll continue our talk tomorrow."

"yes sir."

it was Jhope and his dad. They just NOW finishdd talking?! I thought they went to bed like a long time ago. I stayed quiet till Jhope and his dad shut the door behind them and went to bed. I quickly and quietly ran to the bathroom, then came back the same.

I slowly closed Yeseok's door behind me and got back in bed. I sat there a little worried.

What were they talking about?

 

                                                                                                           

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: OMG im so sorry its been forever since i updated! But its been officially 1 week since summer vacation started, and im hoping to finish this FF before the moth of June is out! I made th chapter extra long for make up since i havnt updated in ages!