Up Close and Personal

Decisions
                                         
 
It took forever for Friday morning to come along, at least that’s what it felt like for me. I sat on the couch alone in the same clothes from yesterday, starring at the TV. I was watching Pororo with my head lying on top of my knees. The girls were getting ready to go see BTS live release of their new song at a music show. I was originally was supposed to go as well, but yesterday's incident changed a lot of things.
 
 After about 30-40 minutes of them getting ready, they gave me a hug saying they'll comeback ASAP.
 
"You sure you don’t want me to stay with you?" Baesai stood there as everyone headed out.
 
"Nah, it’s okay, don’t let me hold back your fun. Now go or you'll miss the show!"
 
She smiled, gave me another hug, and dashed for the door. I turned my head back to the TV, a preview for bangtan's live performance coming on next. I sat their starring as the commercial skimmed thru backstage clips, as soon as his face came on the screen, I immediately shut the TV off. I laid myself across the couch and forced myself into a nap.
 
 When I woke up, about an hour went by. I got up and went to go take a long hot shower, I needed to wash the grime and stress away.
 
 There was no feeling like taking a steaming shower after a long day. I sure as hell wasn’t planning on stepping out today, I didn’t see a reason to. So I put on some sweat pants and a large baggy t-shirt. I towel dried my hair again when I heard the front door open. The girls were back.
 
"Had fun?"
 
No one really said anything except for Baesai,"Surin, the show was fine. But we got a chance to talk to the guys, except for....well, you know. He disappeared right afterwards..."
 
I felt my lip shake a little and covered my mouth with my hand until I felt the feeling go away and put my hand back down. "And?"
 
"Well," she continued, "they know everything and they all felt bad over the whole situation. Jin sent this" she handed me a small container of soup he made. I smiled at the little pot, Jin was such a sweetheart. I teared up a bit. "And this as well, he didn’t say who it was from but he said something about for your vacation?" I took the envelope. 
 
"Thanks guys, but if you don’t mind i'ma eat alone in the room today." and I stepped into the bedroom, closed the door, and sat on the chair and placed the soup on the small desk. I took off the top, allowing it to cool, as I opened the envelope. I pulled out 800,000 won (close to $800). There was a little paper inside that only said " - Hope ".  I wanted to cry so badly.
 
"You idiot! I told you I wasn’t going to take your money, and I'm not going to risk getting you in anymore trouble..." I silently scolded him as if he was here with me. I opened one of my dresser draws, put the money back in the envelope and hid it in there, I didn’t want it.
 
******************************************
 
 A week went by; I didn’t do much but stay home and stay away from everyone. Bangtan officially left for their mini 1 month tour thru Asia, we found out that Hitman Bang apparently allowed Jhope to join them for the tour despite the whole dating thing.
 
 After that one week, I decided I wasn’t going to mope around the rest of the summer, even if my heart still hurt, I was going to make the best of the time I have left. It was hard at first, but to keep my mind busy and to keep from thinking about  him, I started going to that studio almost every day to dance since there wasn’t much else for me to do. Since Mak worked there, I did see him every day, and so we talked more often. He became a really good friend. 
 
I was actually about to head to the studio, I put my hair in a high ponytail, and put on sweatpants with a loose blue shirt. When I arrived I saw Mak in one of the dancing rooms on the floor stretching.
 
"Um, aren’t you supposed to be working?"
 
"It’s my day off today."
 
"So...you spend your day off of work ...at work?"
 
He stopped stretching and slowly glared at me, "Yeah, I also use ultra-soft toilet paper, you gonna judge that too?"
 
I shook my head laughing. "So you’re dancing today then?"
 
"Yeah I was hoping you'd teach me." 
 
I couldn’t but help looking at him lost, "Have you not seen me dance? I dance like a kindergartener."
 
"Haha you dance normal to me, NOW TEACH ME SOMETHING!" he threw his empty water bottle at me as he waited for me to do something.
 
"Oh! Okay fine! you know how to dance to Gee right?"
 
"Um ...no"
 
"WHAT!? How do you not!?  EVERYYYONNNE knows how to dance to Gee, even people who don’t like it know how to dance to it!"
 
"I just don’t."
 
"Ugh, okay here you do it like this!" I started simple by showing him the 'gee gee gee gee gee geeee~~~' part. "Okay now you try."
 
"Like this?" he looked extremely retarded. "This doesn’t make me look gay does it?" he put one hand on his and the other hand by putting his finger to his mouth making a really ugly face.
 
"Nope, not gay at all. Just extremely homoual."
 
"Great! That’s what I was going for!"
 
I couldn’t help but smile at his stupid comment. After trying for an hour of attempting (but epically failing) to teach Mak a dance, we gave up and I began to pack my bag about to walk back home when all the girls walked in. Mak saw them too and turned to me, "do you know them?" I completely forgot! Mak has never met my best friends! 
 
"Yeah I do! Hold on real quick!" I ran up to all of them.
 
"Ooo who dat? OuO" Yerin starred behind me at Mak.
 
"That’s my friend Mak! You guys finally get to meet him! He’s a really nice guy!" I grabbed Eunmi and Mai by the wrists and dragged them with me as the rest followed.
 
When they entered the dancing room I let go and tapped on Mak. "Hey come meet my friends!" I pushed him from behind to the very front of the girls, "okay, that’s Baesai, Eunmi, and Kkamagwi! They're my unnies. That’s Kyungmin, a Bighit trainee, and Yerin. They're my dongsaengs. And the last one is Mai, she’s our maknae!"
 
He smiled at all of them and bowed. "Hello! My name is Mak. ^^"
 
Kyungmin jumped up and down, “He speaks English! And he’s an Aussie!"
 
"Oh haha, my Australian accent isn’t too heavy is it?"
 
"Nah its hawt OuO" yerin said mindlessly, then Mai slapped her behind the head, "ah, owww!"
 
"Well ladies, I was gonna ask Surin, but since your all here, I guess I’ll ask all of you."
 
I had no clue what he was talking about so we all looked at him curiously.
 
"Wanna come over for dinner? I’m starving and I have a lot of home. ^^"
 
"You mean...food?...YUSHHHHH!" Eunmi pushed thru us and headed for the door ready to leave for Mak's house. The rest of the girls nodded, but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go to a guy’s house yet even if it was only for dinner, it still felt weird. I only did things like that with Jhope. But I didn’t want to spoil the girls’ fun and decided to go as well. Mak didn’t drive to the studio today, and even if he did we all wouldn’t fit in his car, so we walked to his house anyway. It took a little longer to get to his place, because he lived in the village area with all the traditional Korean homes instead of an apartment.
 
************************************************
 
                                    
 
When we got to his house we all gazed in awe. His house was beautiful and huge!
 
"Who else lives here?" 
 
"No one, it’s just me."
 
"Seriously?!"
 
"Yup" he opened the front door and let us all in, "Just make sure you take off your shoes then make yourselves at home!"
 
 We all took off our shoes and explored the house. It was huge, well it wasn’t a mansion but it was way bigger than our dinky apartment.  We slid on the wooden floors when Yerin fell directly into me.
 
"Watch it!"
 
"Aha! Sorry~~~having too much fun! Oh! By the way, that Mak guy, he’s not that cute, like gawd damn did u see his eyes!?"
 
"Ugh Yerin! Get off!"
 
We were all messing around when Mak came into the hallway we was sliding in, “okay, I’m one guy, and you’re a lot of mouths-"
 
Eunmi cut him off, "mine is more like 4!"
 
"Oh gawd haha! Well, since I only have 2 hands and there’s a lot of you, can you help me in the kitchen so we can get this done faster?” we all nodded and followed him into the kitchen. Baesai and Mai cleaned the dishes we used to cook as soon as we finished with them, then Eunmi, Kkamagwi, Kyungmin, and Yerin were cutting different vegetables and preparing side dishes as I cooked rice on the stove top. Mak was next to me as he cooked the beef that was going to be used.
 
"Stove top? Haha you do know I have a rice cooker?"
 
"Yeah but this is how I was taught to cook rice back at home, plus it’s more fun this way."
 
"Ah I see I see." Mak had cleaned and seasoned the meat by hand and began laying it down on his stove top grill.
 
"Ah!"
 
"What? Did you burn yourself?!"
 
"No my nose itches!"
 
"Then scratch it dumb !"
 
"I can’t! My hands are dirty from the meat and I can’t go wash my hands and leave the meat cooking or it'll burn! Scratch it for me!"
 
"Ewww...noo e.e"
 
"SURIN PLEASE!!!!!!"
 
"Ugh fine!" Mak was pretty tall too, so I had to tippy toe and scratch his nose for him.
 
"Holy crap thanks I thought I was gonna die!"
 
I laughed and slapped his arm, “oh shut up!"
                                                                        
 
 When the meat was finished, I filled each bowl with rice and Kyungmin decorated each plate colorfully with the vegetables and meat while Mak went to go wash his hands. We all gathered in his formal eating area and began eating and chatting when Mak got back. The girls were very interested and asked Mak lots of questions about life back in Australia and why did he come here. He never really gave a direct answer but simply said he came just because he wanted to. We soon finished eating and we all cleaned our own plates and put them away and thanked Mak for having us over.
 
"Well, the night is still young; we can go get a bubble tea if you want?"
 
"I’m up for that!" I said with a smile, everyone agreed and we walked back into town to get the drink before we headed home.
 
We all got one except Mak, he got himself a soju. And soon enough the boy fell drunk. He had one arm wrapped around me and the other around Baesai trying to keep his balance as he walked, "Need I say...aha...you girls are pretty fun...ahahaha~" he was heavily drunk.
 
Kkamagwi whispered in my ear, "You think we should take him back home?"
 
"Yeah but...we don’t know the way back to his house! And it’s pretty far from here. It’s also getting dark so even if we do find it we'll get lost trying to find our way back."
 
"Ugh, do we have to take him home?"
 
Baesai butted in, "I think we might have to."
 
"Yeah I guess so."
 
***********************
 
 We arrived to the apartment and he began to sober down a bit. "Okay, Mak, you bag is going in our room, stay here." I had him sit on the couch and he began to doze off to sleep. As he knocked out on the couch we sat on the floor and watched a movie. Next thing I could remember was waking up with the TV still on and movie still going with everyone knocked out on the floor. I looked at the clock, 3:48am. "Ughhhh ... e.e" I turned around to see if Mak didn’t die on our couch, but he was gone! I got up and searched the house but then I realized the bathroom light was on. I heard the shower head running, he was taking a shower? Now? Then the water suddenly stopped. I was about to knock when the door opened. 
 
"Ah! Seriously?!" I whisper yelled. "Put a shirt on!!" he walked out with no shirt and just sweat pants that were in his bag.
 
"I’m sorry! I didn’t have an extra shirt in my bag!"
 
"Ugh okay fine whatever! Move! I have to pee!" I flung my arms around feeling for where I was walking because I still had my eyes closed. Then I hit something.
 
"Um OWWW that hurt!"
 
"What did I hit?"
 
"My chest!"
 
"Oh sorreh!"
 
"Ugh Surin open your eyes! You act like I’m completely !"
 
"NO!"I kept flinging my arms trying to feel for the bathroom door.
 
"Would you stop!” he grabbed both my wrists because I think I slapped him a few times on accident, "just open your eyes before you kill yourself, or me!"
 
I opened them trying not to look at him. "Okay let go I have to pee really bad pleeeasseeee!!!" he let go and I sprint for the bathroom. When I came back, I saw him in our bed room going through his bag. “Still looking for that shirt huh?" 
 
"That and my phone charger, hm I guess I left that at home too. Can I use yours?"
 
"Sure, mine is plugged right next to my side of the bed."
 
He looked over, sat on the bed and plugged in his phone.
 
"Why did you shower this late anyway?"
 
"Had a hangover and was throwing up, I still feel horrible though, “he moaned and groaned and laid flat on the bed. I went to the kitchen and stole one of Mai's water bottles from the fridge and sat next to Mak, “here this should help." He took the bottle and chugged half of it down then suddenly knocked out. I just laughed at how quick he fell back asleep.
 
I began rubbing my eyes, “mm I’m sleepy too."
 
************************
 
I slowly blinked my eyes open; I could see the clock on the desk, 5:20am. Oddly, I felt warm, but I didn't remember using a blanket? I looked over myself and realized Mak was sleeping behind me with one arm over mine lightly hugging me while he laid on his other one....AND STILL NO SHIRT. I began to blush at the fact a half- guy was hugging me in my sleep. I tried moving his arm off me, but he flinched and regained his grip around me. "Ah really Mak? I’m not ur effin pillow!" I tried getting out again, but I just felt him hug tighter, well I can tell you one thing you could tell he worked out! 
 
I began to whisper to myself, “The more I struggle the tighter it gets, like an anaconda, a muscly good looking anaconda... e.e .... WAIT WHAT THE AM I SAYING!?"
 
It was hopeless, I was going to have to wait till morning.