My Day

In my Veins

I survived another round of chemo, and I got to see my doctors look even more confused. They really thought I would die, but nope, I was staying here until I finish my bucket list, just like I promised to Mia.

Of course I had a few doubts about how I would do that, you know Big Bang doesn’t do house calls, and I don’t know anybody who wants to sleep with a girl who has cancer and has no hair, but hell, a promise is a promise.

 

Right now my doctors were trying to slow down the cancer’s growth, to allow me more time to live, which was nice, and I even got to go home more often. Wonders that dying allows you. When I first got really sick I wasn’t allowed to even say the word home. The reasons behind that were that first my heart stopped beating at one point, and I needed to be in the hospital, just in case, you know, they need to start my heart again, and second: because of the chemo my immune system literally did not exist, so home was like a bacteria mosh pit for me. A not very fun mosh pit, at that.

 

Anyways, I was lying in my bed, reading when I heard a very distinct, very happy scream. Obviously my sister either found the cure to cancer or something else, equally wonderful happened.

 

I got up, my legs still very weak, and wobbled down the corridor grabbing onto walls to not fall.

 

I came into the living room, to see my sister happily smiling, and when she noticed me her smile got wider.

 

“Ari, I have a surprise for you. I can’t tell you what it is…but it will make you happy.” She said, still smiling at me. Now, usually I hated surprises, but my sister knew me well enough to know what would make me truly happy.

 

I nodded, not wanting to spoil the surprise myself, and followed her to the kitchen to try and eat something. My parents were on a business trip (my disease wasn’t cheap), so it was just me and her. After eating exactly 2 grams of food, and giving up, I realized another good (well sort of good) part of having cancer. You lose weight, and if you have ever been a teenage girl, you know that would be your dream (not having cancer, but losing the weight). On the downside, even when you wanted to eat, you couldn’t, and that was real ty when let’s say somebody was celebrating their birthday, and all you wanted to do was stuff your face in that cake. But couldn’t. Because a) you didn’t have the strength to do it and b) you would probably puke everywhere afterwards, therefore completely ruining the party.

 

But enough about my deep thoughts (that is what I get when I have way too much time on my hands).

 

 

2 days after that incident, I was freshly showered, and in my comfy ‘I’m-home,-don’t-judge-me’ clothes, reading a book, snuggled in a blanket on my couch. It was around 5 in the afternoon, and for a change I was enjoying myself. I didn’t feel sick today, and I managed to eat, so I thought it was pretty good day today. But a knock on the door kind of made it a rainbows and unicorns fantastic day.

 

Since my sister was busily writing something for her job, I decided that since I usually didn’t move at all, I could get the door. And surprisingly, I wasn’t painfully slow, and even managed to move regular person speed. Seriously today was my day.

 

I opened the doors and passed out.

 

 Kidding, I gasped, and made a small noise, something between a squeal and a scream, and just stood there.

 

And I spent around half a minute just standing and blinking trying to determine if my mind was playing tricks on me, until finally Kwon Jiyong (yes, he was in front of my doors. dying, God knew what I really wanted) gently smiled and in a slightly accented English said:

 

“You are Ari, right?”

 

Now because I’m stupid, and can’t control my mouth, my immediate response was:

 

“Did the lack of hair tell?” And then I put my hand over my mouth, horrified. You see, people don’t like talking about my cancer, they rather ignore the big and very deadly ‘not so pink’ elephant in the room.

 

But to my surprise Ji didn’t react as the rest of the people do.

 

“No, your eyes did. You sister sent a picture of you, and your eyes kind of stuck out. But now that you mention it, the lack of hair is also...evident.” And he grinned. He grinned, and I knew that at that moment I loved him, because nobody (usually) had the balls to joke with me about my cancer. But this man, this man was ing awesome.

 

Then I heard some shuffling behind him, and saw the rest of Big Bang was here too, and after they all smiled gently I went straight into fan girl heaven.

 

 

 After my small death (equivalent to an ) it seemed that I finally got my manners back, and I invited them into my home. Mia was leaned on the wall and was smiling. I guess she was happy to see me happy.

 

“One down, little sis.” She said, and greeted the boys.

 

“One down?” Seungri asked.

 

“Ari has a bucket list, and seeing you live was on it.” I felt my face blush, but to my utter surprise, I was suddenly enveloped in a hug. Teayang was hugging me. Oh my God. Act cool, don’t lose it.

 

“I’ll pray every day that you get better.” He said, and his voice held such sincerity that I almost cried.

 

Boy, they were so straightforward and not awkward at all, and I loved it. I felt like I could be the cancer girl with them, without having to act like I was okay.

 

“Thank you…for coming and doing all of this just to make me happy.” I said, before my throat closed from holding back the tears.

 

“But we are not done yet, are we boys?” Daesung said and after seeing my confused face, Top finally spoke, with his deep rumble.

 

“We didn’t come here to just stand here and be pretty, you know.” I giggled, and me and my sister sat down on the couch and watched a mini Big Bang concert that was happening in my living room. In my house. In front of me. So God did exist after all.

 

They did all their greatest hits, acapella, with dancing and singing. And I even got to see TOP not knowing the choreography, and by the end I was laughing and giggling so hard, enjoying every second of it, and for once being glad to be alive.

 

Somehow, they managed to make me forget about my cancer, and as they sat down and started talking to me and my sister, I kept glancing at Ji, our eyes connecting and our mouths involuntarily curving into smiles.

 

 

 

“Are you going back tomorrow?” I asked, sadly smiling. They created a happy bubble for me, and when they would leave the bubble would burst, and I would be back on God’s list.

 

“Well, yes, sadly we have schedule.” Ri said, but gave a strange look to Ji.

 

 After another hour passed and I happily yawned, Ji suddenly stood up.

 

“Sorry, we are so rude, you need to rest, we’ll leave.” He said quickly, almost not breathing between words. He sounded very apologetic, but as I went to say no, they were already all standing up, and truth to be told, my body was tired.

 

I went to stand up too, but they stopped me, so instead I looked up to them, smiling for the 100th time today.

 

“Thank you for doing this, I don’t have words to express how grateful I am.”

 

“Not at all, stay strong, fighting!” Ri cutely said, and we all laughed, the leader blushing in embarrassment.

 

Just as they went to leave, Ji suddenly turned and walked back to me. He planted a gentle kiss on my forehead, leaving me and the rest of the room shocked, and said:

 

“Get better soon.”

 

I was dumbfounded by everything that happened, but one thing was sure: I didn’t want him to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Okay, in this chapter I’m aware that everything moved a bit fast, but ever had that instant connection with somebody? I wanted to show that :)

Anyways, thank you to all  for the nice comments :D

Please comment and love you!