Living Again

In my Veins

Ari’s POV

 

I thought about the river, and how my life actually was very similar to it. Just my life’s river was very fast, a bit too fast if you asked me. I felt my phone vibrate again, and decided that even if I was a coward I didn’t need to be a douche too, and answered my phone.

 

“Yes?”

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I felt like I just started to breathe again. Her voice held a note of deep sadness, and for some odd reason, I just knew that she had been crying. I wanted to kiss all those tears and fears away.

 

When she first hung up on me I felt like my heart would explode from the worry. And I also know that it showed on my face because all the guys looked at me like my family dyed.

We were all resting after practicing for our new song (well Bingu wasn’t really doing anything, but hell, we were all used it by now) when I decided to check up on Ari.

And then she hung up, and I swore I heard the sound of the river in the background, and a thousand of scenarios, all bad, ran through my mind.

 

I called her again, and this time she answered it, and with such a simple word, told me everything I needed to know. And at the exact moment she also had me buying a plane ticket back to Austria, back to her.

 

“Ari…what happened?” I asked, skipping the obvious question are you alright? Which had an even more obvious answer.

 

“My doctor told me that the chemo has stopped completely working and they decided to stop giving it to me. They…t-they decided that I was better off leaving what little I have left without suffering through pointless chemo rounds.” I heard close, and I almost gulped from a surge of emotions that went through me. I shouldn’t feel this way, I knew that, but still, I did feel this way.

 

“Then we will make the most. Starting with your bucket list. “ I said matter of factly, and listened as she gasped in surprise.

 

“Y-you are coming back?” I heard how surprised she was, and couldn’t help but smile.

 

“I still have to do the YG family tour, and Big Bang has a photo shoot but after that? Yeah, I’ll go back. I want to help you with your bucket list.” I said, standing up and exiting the room to go take a shower after practicing.

 

I heard her gulp a tad bit and then heard a nervous giggle escape her lips. One thing I liked about her was that she never got stuck too long on her condition and that even when she got bad news she could still laugh, but it took me a moment to get why she giggled.

 

Ooohh…the bucket list…the ity. I blushed, and I haven’t blushed in a long time…especially not concerning that area. I wouldn’t say that I was necessarily a player, but I loved women and women loved me. And Seungri and I got accused of being the man- of the group a lot…but with Ari… with her it was different.

 

She was off limits of course, and I knew that I wasn’t even allowed to think about that part of the list, but if we ever did do it…it would be different. She deserved better than just a one night stand, she deserved everything, my full attention and the heights of pleasure an- Ji, get a hold of yourself.

 

I was being a nasty creep and had to stop. I knew that I crossed the line when I kissed her, but I really couldn’t, shouldn’t, cross that line too. She was off limits.

 

I rubbed the slight stubble on my jaw and finally noticed that Ari was silent.

 

“Ari…you okay?” I asked, a bit concerned if I missed something important while I daydreamt.

 

“What, n-no, everything is fine. Listen I gotta go. And Ji?” She suddenly asked, her voice unsure.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Thank you for listening…and for being there. It is a mystery to me why you do it, but thank you anyways.” And then she hung up, before I managed to say that I do it because I care…I cared about her.

 

Aw, man, . Ji, you moron. I thought to myself as I slipped into the cold shower.

 

 

Ari’s POV

 

I suppressed another giggle. This man…this man could make me forget everything.  I was pretty sure that he noticed me giggle after he mentioned all of the bucket list, but I just hoped that he didn’t know why.

 

Soo…I guess it wasn’t all too bad. I get to live the rest of my life the way I want to. Deciding that it was time to stop being whiny, I quickened my pace back home.

 

I opened the doors to the sound of my mother crying. .

 

Stepping into the living room I saw my family sitting on the couch, all red eyed.

 

“Ari…” My mom started but I cut her off.

 

“Okay…I want to say something. I know that the news weren’t peachy, but I decided to take up the good doctor on his advice. I will live my life to the fullest. Starting from now, I don’t want to live in a bubble…I want to be free. I want to travel and run, and go to damn airports. I know it is hard…but I want to live. So please stop crying, and be happy that now I get to do what I want to do. And you know… everybody dies, eventually. I’ll be alright.” I finished, gently smiling.

 

And for the first time since my disease started my mom agreed on what I wanted to do.

 

“Okay honey. Just be careful. But I want you to experience everything there is in life.” She said, and stood up, brushing her tears away and kissing my cheek.

“Let’s make dinner then.” And just like that it was normal again. We cooked dinner, laughed and ate together.

 And I enjoyed the feeling of living again.

 

 

 

A/N I have been really down lately, so I wrote a bit to make myself feel better. I don’t know if you will like this chapter or not, but I feel like this story is somehow more personal for me…almost like it is my therapy…now I’m gonna stop before you think I’m so full of it. xD

 

Anyways, please comment :D