Definitely Love

In my Veins

Ji's POV

 

I didn't want to move, because I was scared of waking Ari up, and she seemed so comfy sleeping on me. She was just in her underwear and I couldn’t help myself but to touch her soft skin. She murmured something in her sleep and moved, placing her small body next to mine. That gave me a perfect opportunity to place small kisses all over her neck and shoulders. I had no idea what time it was, but I honestly didn’t care. Ari’s back was against my chest, and I couldn’t help myself but to hold her tight in my embrace. She slightly moaned in her sleep as my hands slid all over her body.

 

Just as I realized I would probably wake her up, I noticed the time on the clock that was next to the bed. 6 am. Wow, I should really let her sleep. I stopped my sweet assault on her body, and let her sink deeper into her dreamland.

 

It took a lot of willpower to make my get out of bed, but I succeeded (small victories in life, gotta appreciate them). After taking a short trip to the bathroom, I came back to the bedroom, only to see Ari in the same position that I left her in. I smiled at how sweet and y she looked, and just as I started debating (again) giving her a very nice wake up call, I heard her alarm go off. Since that was soo not a very nice wake up call, I rushed to turn the damn thing off.

 

Thankfully, Ari was pretty damn stubborn about waking up, and the alarm didn’t even make her stir. Interesting how the alarm couldn’t do a thing to wake her up, but my touch had her shivering and waking up. I smugly smiled to myself and then shook my head in disbelief at how cocky I sounded in my own head (but it was only in my head, so I was allowed to be a cocky bastard…right?), when I noticed something strange with Ari’s phone.

 

Now I usually never snoop around, but when I saw that the message was from her doctor, I couldn’t help but to look.

 …. I could already imagine how crushed Ari was about it.

 

To me the solution was simple enough. I would pay for her treatment. But knowing Ari she would be against me paying for everything, I just knew it. I rubbed my chin, feeling the slight stubble and wondered why life had to be so complicated sometimes. On the other hand, I always saw life as a beautiful painting and the complications were the fine details in it. To skip the artistic bull, she was so getting the treatment, even if she kicked and screamed about it.

 

I looked behind me, at the sleeping beauty in my bed, and I just knew I would do anything to ensure she would live a long and healthy life.

 

 

 

Ari’s POV

 

There was this strange dull pain that I felt in my tummy. I blinked, thinking it was just a dream, but as I woke up the pain got even worse. . My doctor told me that soon enough I would start to feel that pain again.

 

While I was on the chemo my tumors were kind of kept in check, but now that I stopped taking the chemo they were growing again, and because of that I now felt like somebody was repeatedly punching me. Lovely.

 

I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths in. Please God…if you even exist…please don’t let him see me like this. I didn’t want Ji to worry. We had such limited time, and with the news that my doctor gave me…I knew that this bliss I was in wouldn’t last long. And because of that I would be damned if I let a little bit of pain stop me from enjoying my (probably first and last) trip with Ji.

So I stood up, blinked away the tears from the pain, gritted my teeth and stepped out of the room.

 I knew he was cooking the moment I heard his panicked scream coming from the kitchen. And I knew…I knew why I didn’t feel any pain earlier. It was because he was always with me. He was like my own little morphine drip, flowing freely through my veins.

 

I walked into the kitchen and leaned on the wall, watching Ji run around in the kitchen, probably in panic mode by now.

 

“You know Ji, you are a very talented man, but I can’t say that cooking is one of your many talents.” I said, laughing at him trying to cook something.

 

“I know babe, I know. But I try.” He turned around to face me, flashing me a crooked grin. Before I knew it he had his arms around me and was gently kissing me. And my pain was slowly withering away. It wasn’t like I couldn’t feel it anymore, it was just that I couldn’t concentrate on it anymore and therefore it became more bearable.

 

“Order in?” We both said at the same time and laughed.

 

“Definitely.” I said, while he went to the phone to order and I cleaned up the mess he created in the kitchen. While I cleaned he jumped on the counter next to me and watched me clean.

 

Feeling just a tad bit cocky I said:

“You know, I’m cleaning all the mess you created and you just sit here. How will you repay me? And don’t raise that eyebrow thinking about . Na-ah. I want to go out and see the city before we go to the Observatory. And with us making love we’ll be lucky if we even get to the Observatory in time.” I smiled devilishly, seeing him think.

 

“Do you want me to sing? It is what I do for a living, after all. Some people say I’m pretty good at it.” I giggled, and nodded, kissing his cheek gently.

 

“I would love it if you would sing for me.”

The pain was getting worse again, and I knew that any physical activity would make it worse, so I opted for him singing for me.

 

I finished in the kitchen and before he started, sneakily I pressed record on my phone. I didn’t know why I did it, but I just felt this urge to have something that would make this moment real.

 

He smiled and began.

To my surprise he started with Window, and then went with Butterfly and Missing you. I was surprised how he could sing without a pause for 10 minutes, but what came as a bigger surprise was that he managed to make me forget about my pain.

 

Suddenly he hopped of the counter and back hugged me, pressing his firm chest against my back and now singing right next to my ear. And to my surprise he was half singing half rapping a slowed down version of Let’s talk about love. And it sounded good. So good. If I could I would make him record it for the company, but just for now, I enjoyed being in his arms while he sang to me.

 

I turned around in his embrace and looked at him. I don’t know why but he suddenly stopped singing and he stood still as I stood on my tip toes and whispered: I love you.

 

I felt him stiffen and then he gently took my face into his hands, making me look at him.

 

I love you too.“ I felt a tear slip down my face because at that moment I knew we would both end up heartbroken. A storm was coming...the storm of my life, and I wasn't sure if we could make it. But for now...but for now we were exactly where we were supposed to be. In each other's arms, in love.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N Sooo, yeah. That escalated quickly into something very dramatic. I don't know what happened. Oh yeah, I wrote the first part yesterday and then the second today, and I guess I went a bit nuts...and now you have a very dramatic ending on your hands. Sorry. So sorry.

 

Anyways.

 

Yeah I have nothing else to say.

 

I’m gonna go now.

Does anybody even read this? Coz my A/Ns are ramblings of a mad woman.

Sorry again.

 

Oh Lord I should stop.

 

Stopping now.

 

Bye.

 

Please comment :)