The Stories

In my Veins

Ari’s POV

And then he kissed me. I'm not even kidding...he kissed me. At first our lips stayed closed, and just as I thought he would back off, apologizing, I felt his tongue slowly exit his mouth. Complying, I opened my mouth slightly, letting him in.

I had kissed once…and that was all the experience I had, so I decided to follow his lead. I felt one of his hands on the back of my neck, while the other was resting on my waist.

Our tongues delicately touched and intertwined, and, acting on instinct, my hands flew to his neck.With me being so close to him, I could smell him, touch him, feel him, and it was…glorious.One of my hands slipped down to his chest where I felt his heartbeat, it was beating fast and strong, and I felt him smile into the kiss.His hand slid down my neck, and also rested above my heart, and I knew that he felt the same thing I felt. A heartbeat, fast and strong.

I was losing breath, but in a good way. I never thought that losing your breath could be good, but with Ji…air was irrelevant.I neared him even more, needing to be as close as possible to him, and as the kiss deepened even more, our tongues moving faster, and our hands travelling all over our bodies, I got lost, probably forgetting my name.

And then it dawned upon me. The kiss was just like the movies. Perfect.

I have no idea how long we spent kissing, I just knew that without me even realizing it I was now in his lap, running my fingers through his black hair.I felt dopamine run through my veins…almost like Ji was my dopamine and he was in my mind, brain, veins and blood. He was everywhere.

And I got all of those feelings just from a simple kiss. Pretty impressive.

Slowly, we stopped kissing, and rested our foreheads together, trying to breathe. I opened my eyes to see him staring at me, and we both smiled in sync.

“So, you can cross that off the list too.” He said, helping me off of his lap.

“True.” I said, half laughing half giggling, and crossed it off the list.

“Soo…what do we do now?” I said, looking at him sideways. I mean…we just kissed, but did it mean something or was it just a kiss?

“Honestly, I have no idea, but it was nice.”

And somehow after that, we just kept on talking. It wasn’t awkward at all, and in the end I ended up telling him about how my cancer started, and all that followed.

 

 

 

Jiyong’sPOV

 

I watched as a shadow crossed her face as she started talking about how her cancer was diagnosed. Her eyes started getting watery but before anything spilled she quickly blinked the tears away.

 

She bit her still swollen lip and began telling me her story.

 

“I was 15 when I started noticing that I had troubles breathing, and also my stomach was always upset. I would miss school every week because I wouldn’t sleep at night, from the nausea. My mother, understandably, got worried and we went to the hospital. After a series of tests I was diagnosed with lung cancer that had metastasized to my stomach.” She stopped talking for a second, and I could see her remembering all the emotions she went through. Acting on instinct I enter twined our fingers and gently squeezed, telling her it was alright.

 

“At first, I kept on going to school, you know doing the normal stuff…but after my heart stopped in school one day, my mom decided that it was too risky for me to go to school. I became kind of secluded and with that I lost my friends and dreams. I was so scared, Ji, I was terrified.

 Doctors stopped saying ‘you’ll be alright, and instead started saying ‘we’ll try’. New treatments never worked, and that was kind of when I stopped seeing everything in pink. Life is like that, sometimes you lose and sometimes you win. My cancer has won. But hey, it led me here.” She sadly smiled, shrugging her shoulders.

 

I saw her eyes widen as I felt something wet slip down my face.

“Ji…don’t cry. I’ll be fine.”

 

She’ll be fine? How is being dead fine? But I was amazed by how brave she was, and I decided that the rest of the time I could stay with her I would try to make her happy.

 

 

 

 

 

Ari’s POV

 

I saw a tear slip down his face, and just like what he did before to me, wiped it away with my thumb.

“I have a luxury that many people don’t have. I can truly live like there is no tomorrow, you know?” I said, now smiling, trying to make him realize that not everything was black in my life. Because I have cancer I got to meet him, and that wasn’t that bad, at all.

“Then let’s make the best out of what little time you have.” He said, and before I even realized it, I was dressed and going out of my house.

 

 

 

I giggled as we walked through the small main square of the town where I lived, watching all the people stare at him. It wasn’t malicious starring, it was more of Oh my God, he is Asian, and has blue highlights in his hair kind of stare.

And I even saw a few girls blush when he looked at them.

“What are we going to do now Ji?”

“As much as possible before it gets dark.” He shortly replied, obviously determined to make me have a good time.

So we went to the movies, where Ji was horrified by how small the movie theater was. Then we took a long walk by the small river and fed the ducks there. Of course I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t almost fall into the river, but Ji, thankfully, grabbed me before I splashed in.

“What are those ruins in the forest?” He suddenly asked me, pointing at the ruins of the old town.

“Those are the ruins of the old medieval town.” I replied, watching as the sun hit his high cheek bones. Seriously, God went all out on him, didn’t he?

“Wanna go there?” He asked, and before I could even say no, we were following a small forest trail, that was (thankfully) rather flat and horizontal.

I found it weird how much energy I had today, but it was a nice feeling… being normal again. I was free. The sun shone through the leaves, giving the forest a magical feeling.

Luckily, the ruins were just half an hour away from the main square, and I could already see them in the distance.

“What about you Ji? Any life stories?” I asked, curious to what he had to say.

“Hmm…do you want a love story or do you want a funny one?” He asked, still holding my hand.

“Let’s go with the love story first.”

“Okay.” He said, smiling, and started talking.

 

“2 years ago I fell in love with a girl, and she was smart and beautiful, and kind. Kind of like you. We fell in love, but had to, of course, keep it a secret. She inspired me to write, to be better, and I could see myself being married to her. As you can probably tell, I fell hard. At the time I thought she felt the same way, but yeah…anyways, about 9 months into our relationship I left the country for 3 days, because Big Bang had some promotion thing in Japan. I came back a bit early, wanting to take her out to dinner with me and the guys. But instead I got to see her in my bed…with another guy.” I looked at him, thinking he would be sad or something like that, but it seemed like he was about to laugh.

“The guy, squeaked, and no, I’m not kidding, he really did squeak, and ran out of the room. Then he proceeded to run by the rest of the guys, and came back 30 seconds after that when he realized that he was . And although, at first when I saw her with another guy in bed I was horrified, after seeing that same guy come back into the room butt, and then to see him dress in total silence, while both me and my soon to be ex stared at him..,  Afterwards I couldn’t stop laughing about it. That day I realized not to take everything in life too seriously.” He finished of laughing some more.

 

“Okay, so let me get this straight, your girlfriend cheated on you but you managed to overcome that and instead dyed of laugher from how stupid her lover was?”

“Pretty much.” By then we were both laughing.

We saw the ruins, and spent a good hour there just talking and laughing, but as we saw the sun starting to set, we decided that it was time to go, just in case my sisiter came home earlier.

 

 

As we emerged from the forest, I saw that I had two missed calls. One was from my my sister, telling me that she would come home after 9, and the other was from my doctor.

 

The voice mail didn’t sound promising.

 

Miss Horvat, please call me as soon as possible, I have some good and bad news.”

 

Usually in my case, the bad news  always overshadowed the good ones.

 

 

 

 

A/N Okay this chapter had both angsty and fluffy moments, and most of it isn’t important for plot development…but yeah, sometimes I like to write some things that aren’t super important :D

I hope I didn't bore you all XD

Please comment :)