Maybe

In my Veins

Ari’s POV

I blinked slowly, and stretched my body, somehow enjoying the little soreness I felt. There was little light in the room, but I knew that it was probably around dawn, and I got surprised when I found the bed empty. I sat up, covering my body and looked around the room. And then almost got a mini heart attack as I saw my phone’s light blinking, indicating I had missed calls and messages.

, yesterday I forgot to tell my sister I was leaving the house…God knows what she thought happened. Successfully managing to get out of the bed without breaking any parts of my body, I went to my phone and unlocked it. I groaned as I saw 5 missed calls and 15 messages. .

Coming home soon :D

Ari, where are you?!

Ari?!

Did something happen?

Ari you are not answering your phone, I’m starting to get worried.

Ari…

And so it went on and on, and I was surprised that I didn’t have a police officer talking to me right now. I scrolled down and saw an unfamiliar message that I supposedly sent.

Hello, Jiyong here. Ari is asleep in my hotel room. She probably forgot to tell you that she went to visit me, and then I told her it was too late for her to go back home. I’m so sorry that you got worried, it was my fault. I’ll bring her home when she wakes up. Again sorry, it was my fault :/

I stared at the message wondering how the sneaky bastard knew my code. I had some really embarrassing pictures of him from different Tumblr blogs dedicated to him on my phone… Please God, please tell me he didn’t see them.

My sister’s reply soon followed.

Oh…it is fine Jiyong. I didn’t know you would be coming back to Austria, but nvm…thank you for taking care of Ari. Just bring her home when you all are ready, I’m sorry for texting so late in the night… :D Sleep well ~

Wow, he probably saved my life…but where the hell was he?

 

Ji’s POV

I was sitting on the terrace, watching the city starting to slowly wake up from its peaceful slumber. Biting my lip I felt guilt finally settling in my stomach. I shouldn’t have done what I did.

I should have rejected her, told her that she deserved more, deserved better. And instead I had to take what was not mine. But how could something that felt so right be so wrong?

I lit up a cigarette and decided that I needed to stop over analyzing. I needed to see what she thought and what all of this actually meant for us. Because let’s face it, after this night’s events there was definitely us.

Closing my eyes, I thought about her peacefully sleeping in the bed, her lips curved into a small smile while her delicate chest rose and fell. She was so beautiful that it hurt. …I’m in love with her. I sighed once more, wondering how stupid I had to be to fall in love with a dying girl, just months before having to go to the army.

Feeling kind of down with the harsh reality, I decided that it was time to crawl back to bed, back to her. Everything was good when she was in my arms and I needed to feel her small body next to mine.

Just as I went to stand up, I heard the doors of the terrace open and Ari walked in, covered only with a thin blanket from the bed. I put aside the feeling of lust that threatened to overcome me, and smirked at her.

“You are not spending a second more on the terrace with just a blanket on. You’ll catch a cold or something, so shoo inside!” I said, shooing her in and enjoying the sound of her giggles. As I watched her smile, I felt the guilt leaving me. Maybe some things felt right because they were right.

 

Ari's POV

I giggled even more when he picked me up in his arms, and took me back to the room. He put me down, and our eyes met. Before we knew it, we were kissing again, and I didn’t want to stop…ever. Life was worth living for, for moments like this. It was like I was living in some weird dream that somehow became reality and only now stopped being a nightmare.

We fell on the bed, a mass of tangled limbs and heated kisses. With a new found boldness, that I only just discovered this night, I pushed him onto his back and straddled him.

Remembering how good it felt when he kissed my neck, I tried to mimic the motions that he did.

I felt his heartbeat getting faster underneath my lips, and gave a small hot kiss just below his ear, before pulling away and looking into his eyes, yet again.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked, as a small smile spreading across his face.

“Oh nothing, I’m just enjoying being straddled by a beautiful girl.” He replied cockily.

I blushed at his comment and buried my face into his chest, my boldness leaving me abruptly.

After I felt him stifle a laugh from my abrupt shyness, he slid his hands around my body, bringing me in for a small hug.

“Ari…I would like to talk to you about something.” I tried to not stiffen as I sat next to him, watching him with curiosity.

“Go on.” I whispered suddenly afraid of what he might say.

“I-I something is obviously going on in between us. I’m gonna push aside the strong feeling of guilt that I still feel, and say this…I care about you.” He stopped talking to examine my face, but I knew better and locked my emotions deep inside. Why the hell did he feel guilty?

“Like it is not enough that I know you will die soon, I also know that the day when I’ll have to enlist is nearing…I don’t know, I’m just afraid of what will happen. I’m scared of the feelings that I’m starting to have…” He looked at me with worry as my façade fell, letting him see all my emotions.

I was happy, and sad and scared and confused and a thousand things in between.

“I know…I know, but for now, let’s just enjoy the moment, okay?” I said, running my fingers through his now jet black hair.

How did I manage to complicate my life this much? Will I survive long enough to see him come back from the army?

And as I laid there in Ji’s arms, my thoughts raced back to the new treatment my doctor talked about. Maybe, just maybe…

 

 

 

A/N I was trying to think about what to say, and realized that I have nothing smart- to say :D

I’ll just remind once again that I’m a er for happy endings, but there will be a bit more drama to come before the happy ending comes.

P.S. I’m being a lazy , so if in the next A/N I’m talking about how school is a you all just remind me I’m to blame xD

Don’t forget to comment! :)

Love you guys~

Oh and btw, I have no idea what is up with the title of the chapter xD