Surprise Surprise

In my Veins

Jiyong’s POV ( A/N guys, this is the first time I’m writing Ji’s POV so please be gentle. I’ll work on getting better:))

 

3 weeks earlier

 

I was watching as Youngbae teased Ri, and as always they were procrastinating at the studio. I could already see in the near future that I would have to go and grab them by their collars and throw them into the ‘song booth’ as I called it. But for right now, I didn’t mind the teasing, it distracted me from worrying too much about our comeback. Of course Bingu was doodling somewhere in the corner, so the only sane and mature person left for me was Dae. But he was sleeping. Great. We were being sooo productive. If sangjanim saw this (and he probably did) we were so dead.

 

I was brought back from my daydreams as  manger hyung walked into the studio. After momentarily frowning at the lack of work, he cleared his throat, grinning as Dae jumped up and Ri got that sacred look on his face because he thought that YG hyung had entered the room.

Suppressing a laugh, I turned around to hyung and said:

 

“They are not doing anything…as usual. I wonder how we ever make songs.”

He laughed, shaking his head.

 

“I’ll remind you that your studio always looks like this before a comeback, and then all of you turn into hyper mode and finish everything. It is actually quite amazing, and it is the only reason that the boss hasn’t killed you yet.” I nodded. Knowing that what he said was true.

 

“So what brings you hear hyung?” I asked, noticing now that all the members were concentrated.

 

“My assistant gave me this letter, and usually I don’t give you letters like this because most of them are fake…but this one…it is real. I checked on the internet, and thought that maybe you would be interested in helping.”

I nodded again, not feeling like speaking and took the papers hyung gave me. I was surrounded by the guys immediately and we started reading the letter.

 

 

Dear Big Bang,

My name is Mia Horvat and I’m writing you because my sister is sick. She has had cancer for 3 years now, and she is dying and with that losing hope. We made a bucket list, and guess who was first on the list? You were. She wishes to see you perform live at least once, but she can’t do that because she is too weak to go to one of your concerts. I’m well aware that you probably won’t even get to see this letter, and also that you are very busy (Ari, my sister, won’t stop talking about your comeback), but it would mean the world to my sister. In the end, I’m begging you to bring back her hope, because without it she will surely die.

 

Thank you for reading this,

Mia Horvat

 

The letter touched me on many levels, and I knew that my group members felt the same. With the letter there was a small picture of a beautiful, fragile looking girl.

 

She was bald, and her skin looked unnaturally white, but that didn’t mask the extreme beauty that girl was. She was smiling, her plump lips curved into happy line, and her eyes shining. Those eyes…they were almost magnetic for me. They were a mixture of green and brown, and I felt like I could get lost in those depths. They held happiness and sadness in them, and it broke my heart that such a young girl had to carry such sadness in her.

At that moment I decided that even if I had to turn the world upside down, I would try to make her happy, even for a split second.

 

And the moment I saw her open those doors, those eyes looking at me, I got lost. It was like an invisible string was pulling us together. A deep connection, greater than any words or actions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ari’s POV

 

The next day I woke up feeling pretty bad. Because the cancer metastasized to other parts of my body, like my ovaries and a part of my liver, I could feel pretty bad in all parts of my body. Surprisingly, my cancer avoided my brain, which was nice, because if it got there, I would die much faster.

 

I stayed in bed, deciding that I would much rather feel the pain and the nausea, while lying down the while trying to walk. To distract myself from the ty feeling, I thought about yesterday’s events and how good I felt, for the first time in 3 years. I couldn’t help but to fantasize about what would happen if I didn’t have cancer…maybe I would kiss the G-Dragon back? Maybe people wouldn’t see me as sick and only sick. You know, behind the sickness, behind the cancer, there was still a person with dreams and hopes, and fears. But people usually just saw my cancer and never bothered to look better.

 

Finally deciding that I was getting overly dramatic while in bed, I went to stand up. Aside from dizziness (that was probably caused from me not eating well, and being weak), I managed just fine. A few more days and the side effects of chemo would subdue, but unfortunately, that would be when I would have to go for another round. Ironic.

 

Just as I was getting dressed in another pair of my ‘don’t-judge-me-clothes’ my sister walked in. After I saw a sad expression cross her face at the sight of my poor body, she sobered up, and sat on the bed, looking at me in the mirror.

 

“Ari, there has been an emergency at work, and I have to go. I talked to mom and she said that if you want, we can take you to the hospital so you don’t stay home alone…but if you wish I can leave you here.” She said, worry all over her face. Although my family wasn’t poor, my mom was a doctor and health care was free in my country, all the additional medication that I took, weren’t cheap. And the new treatments that we tried throughout the years also weren’t free, and all of that meant that money was important. Also, what was the worst thing that could happen? Die? I’ll die anyways.

 

“Mia, don’t worry, just go to work. I’ll be fine.” I smiled back, and 10 minutes after that watched her exit the doors.

 

When I was younger and nobody was home, I would run around in heels like an idiot and have fun, but I think it was safe to say that was out of the question now.

As morning slowly passed, and I felt a bit better, I went to make myself something to eat. Just as I cooked the pasta I heard a knock on my door.

 

Not thinking about it much I opened them, gasping in surprise.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N Okay, it is no surprise who is at the doors, but I have to stop here because I have to go back to studying :(

I tried writing Ji’s POV (it was suggested by xxctrnxx, thank you love :) ), so what do you think? Should I do it more or does it ? I was thinking of sometimes doing it just to fill the gaps in the storyline, for an example to explain Ji's actions or feelings that Ari (obviously) sometimes can't explain.

Anyways, thank you for all the lovely comments and please comment some more. It makes me sooo happy :D