Worry

In my Veins

Ari’s POV

 

I was staring at my suitcase, and not surprisingly, it was staring back at me. We were having a quiet staring match while I wondered if I was supposed to bring...you know...uhm...condoms. I had everything packed, but I simply didn't know how to be an 18 year old, ually active girl who is going on a trip with her boyfriend.

Now, it was obvious that I was actually avoiding what I was really scared of, and that was…what if it doesn’t go as well as I hope it will? What if something happens? He realizes that I’m lame? I raked my fingers through my hair in frustration with myself. I should really give Ji some credit for surviving…well me.

Just as I was ready to finally decide what I should do, Mia slipped into my room. She was carrying a plain white bag, and without a word she put it into my suitcase.

“Use it.” And then she gave me that meaningful look that only older sisters can give. I blushed bright red, and nodded. There, my problem was all solved.

“You know, you’ll be late.” Mia said again, staring at me curiously.

“I know.” I replied shortly.

“But…?”

“I have never done this Mia, heck, I have never lived truly, but…h-how do I do this…?”

“What, how do you love, have fun, live? Easy, Ari…with the right person it is easy. And I think he is the right person.” She approached me, and gave me a small hug.

“Now, stop worrying.” She said devilishly, and left me in my room alone.

 

Right. Ari, grow some lady balls. You can do it.

After showering and getting dressed, I was finally ready. Finally would be the key word here. I took the taxi to Ji’s hotel, and waited for him to come down. And when he did, my breathing stopped. It was not that I was amazed by how spectacular he looked, but I was amazed how just by looking at him I stopped worrying. I mean let’s face it, he is Kwon Jiyong…nothing could really go wrong.

 

With his black hair lightly messy, his sunglasses covering half of his face and his backpack carelessly slung over his shoulder, he truly looked like a kpop star, and I had to giggle.

Without pausing he slipped into the seat next to me, and after giving me a small peck on the lips, smiled brightly. The taxi ride was short, and before we knew it we were at the airport. After checking in our luggage I was ready to have a nervous breakdown (it was my first time flying on an airplane), and after giving me an amused smirk Ji lightly put his hands on my shoulder, effectively making me stay in one place.

“Just relax Ari, the airplane won’t eat you, you know.” I turned around, that way I was facing him, and stood on my tip toes to peck his lips.

“Riiiight. Well, I’ll feel safe only when we land.” Ji shook his head in disbelief, and hugged me tightly.

While waiting for the plain to board we sat in the waiting area, snuggled together, both deep in our thoughts.

 

Ji’s POV

 

Ari’s head was resting on my shoulder, and I could feel her taking small breaths in. She was so cute when nervous, and I just wanted to pick her up and hug her the whole day, but I had a feeling that would be considered inappropriate at the airport, so I controlled myself…for now.

Of course the takeoff was supposed to be 15 minutes ago, and we were still waiting to board the airplane9, but that didn’t surprise me. Unfortunately it gave more time to think.

I knew I would have to tell the guys about Ari and me sooner or later, and I knew what their reactions would be. But there was another person I had to tell. Sangjanim.

And that was bound to go well. He was a good boss, and a father figure…but. But I knew he preferred when I dated celebrities who were used to the paparazzi. And I also knew that he would dislike the idea of me being in a relationship before enlisting. Not to mention that right now I was lying to him about my whereabouts. That was also bound to go well. And if I got recognized in London…I was dead meat. I had to stifle a groan as I thought about the endless-all bad-scenarios.

Ari probably noticed my body getting stiff and looked up at me, her big hazel eyes searching my face.

“Now you are the one that is worrying. What happened?”

“About the boss’s reaction to us.” I said quietly, and watched her give me a tired smile.

“Stop worrying about it, he won’t eat you.” She finished, the little sneaky thing using my own line against me.

I grinned, and kissed her forehead.

Finally, it was time to board the plane, and after another half an hour of waiting we were in air. Surprisingly, Ari fell asleep, and I was left alone in my thoughts, yet again.

I had no idea what I was going to do, but for the first time in my life I was nervous about my feelings. I loved her…but there were just so many obstacles in front of us.

But I knew one thing, I didn’t want to live without her.

 

Ari’s POV

Ji gently shook me to wake me up when it was time to land. I couldn’t believe it that I slept through the whole ride. I sleepily smiled at him, noticing that he had written what seemed like songs in Korean on his IPad while I slept.

Thankfully, the whole process of getting off the plane was much faster than of getting on it.

Ji and I, both in sync, stretched out and hurried through the airport, which was thankfully relatively empty because it was the middle of the night. I knew that Ji was worried of getting recognized, but everything went without a problem. Oh the joys of traveling with a celebrity.

He paid for a car to wait for us, so before I knew it we were driving through a sleepy looking London. I watched through the window as we sped through the city, already imaging falling into a soft bed, with Ji’s body beside me.

 

I took my phone out, just to tell my parents that I was alive, when I noticed a missed call from my doctor. Checking to see that Ji was sleeping peacefully next to me, I read my doctor’s message.

 

I have, again, good and bad news, Miss Horvat. The people who created the new treatment called me and told me that they could start the treatment in 2 months, but they also told me that the treatment wasn’t free anymore. Because of multiple candidates and some complications, the researchers can’t afford for the treatment to be free anymore. Call me as soon as possible with what you decide.

 

 

 

 

A/N Soooo, school is about to end, so I’ll have more time to writ :), Thank you to all new subscribers, and thank you for being patient with me and my slow updates.

As you can see, a bit of drama starting again :D More to come :D

Please comment and love you all~

P.S. I didn’t really proofread, sorry for any mistakes :(