The Teasing

In my Veins

 

Ari’s POV

 

And here he was, in all his glory, standing in front of me like it was completely normal for a kpop idol to just come up to my door. I wish it was. I thought in myself, suppressing a giggle.

 

“Hi…did you forget something?” I asked, seriously wishing that he would go all ‘Prince Charming’ and proclaim his undying love to me. I’m kidding of course, but I did have this urge to beg him to stay. It felt nice being around him, he had this presence that could envelope you in its warmth and make you believe that everything would be okay.

 

“Well…not exactly. Okay, this will sound creepy so please bear with me, okay?” Now I couldn’t suppress the giggle anymore, and laughed at how cute he was. He thought he could be creepy? Oh Lord that man…

 

I nodded and walked him in, noticing how with him my mood instantly went up. It was almost like he was the best medication for me.

 

“It is okay, and if you wish you can sit down. Do you want to eat something…or drink?” I was pretty sure my grandma would turn in her grave and come back to haunt me if I didn’t offer a guest something to eat and drink. And nope...I don’t like ghosts haunting me.

 

“N-no, it is fine. The reason I’m here is that, although all of my group members have schedule…I don’t. I only have to write songs, which I can do anywhere.” He looked at me, smiling one of those smiles that I only saw on fancams when he would look at a fan. You know that gentle and playful smile? That smile that melts your heart and turn your ovaries into goo? Yeah, that one.

 

I shivered, but quickly composed myself.

 

“I thought you had a comeback this summer?”  I said sitting down and munching on a cookie. My appetite suddenly came back, with him around me.

 

“Well, when we found out that we would be going here, and knowing or schedules, we quickly stopped messing around and finished 2/3 of the album.” And I saw a proud smile play on his lips.

 

 

 

“Can I ask you something?” He suddenly asked, startling me from staring at him.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Can I see your bucket list?” And in my mind I heard a very distinct o-o sound. If I remember correctly there were some embarrassing things on that list…like losing my ity. He sure as hell won’t be seeing that.

 

“Uhm…I don’t know.” I said, blushing hard.

 

“Let me guess…something embarrassing?” He said and I looked up in surprise and saw him smugly smile as he realized he was right.

 

“If I promise not to laugh, will you show me?” And then, that little minx, he looked at me, full stare on, and watched as I reduced into goo. He was evil, doing that to a sick girl…not right.

 

I shook my head a bit, and he laughed, to which I gave him a death stare.

 

“ Do you know what that does to women? And yes, you can see it.”

 

He seemed surprised that I called him on his trick, but what can I say…having cancer teaches you not to beat around the bush.

 

“Yes, I know what it does to women, but I find their reactions to it way to cute and y to stop.” And I barely managed not to gasp…was this how flirting looked like? Ari...don’t be delusional.

 

Shaking my head like I was in disbelief, I stood up to get the bucket list. As I walked back to the living room I caught myself wondering how was it possible that after barely knowing each other over 6 hours we were…so comfortable around each other? Maybe I was not on God’s list after all.

 

Sitting back on the couch, I handed him the list and covered my eyes in embarrassment, already feeling my cheeks and ears turning red.

 But I still couldn’t help myself and just had to peak and see his reaction.

 

He skimmed down the list, gently nibbling on his lower lips, and at first he stifled a laugh but as he read more, I saw the same sadness Mia carried around, overcome him.

 

Raising his eyes to mine he sadly smiled.

 

“I wish you didn’t have to through what you are going through.”

Now it was my turn to sadly smile.

 

“But, you see, there is not point in denying it. God gave me my cards and now I have to play with them. And, also, everybody dies sooner or later. I just know that my end is coming a bit faster than usual.”

 

He looked at me with surprise, and then nodded. Boy, did this man like to nod.

 

“So how is the bucket list going…you checked the first thing off, how about the second?”

 

“Seriously, you are going to tease me?” I said, blushing and laughing at the same time.

 

“No, I’m seriously curious.” He replied, biting his lip and mimicking my tone by repeating how I said seriously.

 

“Well, it is not exactly like I’m extremely wanted…you know, nobody really wants a cancer girl.” I said shrugging with my shoulders.

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

She said that, and I wanted to shake her until she came back to her senses. cancer, this girl was beautiful and smart and witty, how could she think that nobody wanted her?

 

“I disagree.” I said shortly, still trying not to tell what I was actually thinking. I had pushed my luck today way too much with all the teasing and flirting. I just liked seeing her blush and giggle…it made me feel like I was helping her get her mind of things that worried her.

 

 

 

When I saw her peaking to see my reaction as I read the bucket list, I had to bite my lip to not kiss her at that moment. I know…I’m crazy. But she was so beautiful and magnetic, sitting next to me, with her small beanie slightly tilting on her head and her eyes shining, while her whole face was flushed with that beautiful red glow. She nervously bit her plump lips, tempting me even more.

 

I was insane. I mean everybody told me that I fell in love way to easy, but I had this constant feeling that this was more.

 

And then when I actually read her bucket list…damn. She wanted to be kissed and lose her ity, and now I also had to deal with a sudden feeling of possessives towards her. I had no right…I knew that. But I wanted to protect her, to keep her…mine.

 

What the hell was up with me? I needed to stop.

 

 

 

Ari’s POV

 

“I disagree.” I heard him say and I wanted to stop my next question, because it was a loaded one, and it had potential to both make me happy and hurt me. But still…I had to ask.

 

“Okay…so can you name anybody who would want to even kiss me?” , , I should have stopped myself, and instead…well .

 

, , -

“Me.” Wait, wait, wait. Pause for a second…did he really just say what I think he said?

 

“You know, you don’t have to lie. It is okay, I’m okay with it.” I said, not believing him for a second. Then I did something unexpected. I slowly touched his face, letting my fingers trace his jaw.

 

“But, still, thank you.” He was a beautiful person who wanted to help me, so I couldn’t really blame him for lyin- wait, what the hell was he doing?

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

, Ji, don’t do it. Oh to hell with it all.

 

 

 

 

A/N I think I now kind of (probably) made you go back on your opinion about Ji’s POV. Did I confuse you with the changes of POV? I’m sorry if I did.

 

Also I do realize this is fast…but I’m kind of liking it you know? I feel that everything in Ari’s life needs to go fast because she has so little time left, and like said in the chapter, no beating around the bush.

 

Also this chapter was less angsty and more fluffy…so yeah. :D

 

Oh and sorry for that last part that could have confused you but I wanted to mimic the way usually (or is it just me?) girls think. Now that I think about it…probably just me xD

 

Please comment! :)