Might be...Love

In my Veins

We were sitting at my doctor's office, and I was trying not to blush as my doctor eyed us. It was probably the first time in 2 years he saw that I brought somebody who wasn't my mom, and even stranger that I let that person into the room with me. Ji on the other hand looked as relaxed as ever, while my doctor was giving him the glare. I finally decided that it was enough of staring and cleared my throat. Not very subtly, if I may add.

 

“Right, yes, what brings you back here Ari?” My doctor asked, and now it was time for me to squirm. I felt Ji slip his hand into my mine and squeeze it lightly, Even if it doesn’t work Ari…it doesn’t matter…don’t get your hopes up. I thought before speaking up.

 

“I was thinking of maybe trying that new treatment. I mean it can’t hurt right?” I finished nervously.

 

My doctor beamed at me, probably already seeing himself as the chief on that project/experiment, and started explaining what the treatment was about. Apparently they would take small particles of iron, cover it in molecules, that way my immune system wouldn’t reject it and then send it to my cancers cells. The iron would infiltrate the cancer cells, and then would cause a series of reactions that would end up with the cell being destroyed…permanently. So with this method my cancer would never come back. (A/N This method actually exists, although I described it pretty badly, and I think it has only been tested on lab mice or something like that. If you want to see where I found about it, just say and I’ll find a link :) )

 

I listened, and got surprised at how excited I got about it. This treatment sounded more promising than any other treatments I ever tried. I noticed Ji stiffen, and knew that he didn’t like that I would probably be the first human to be tested on, and that I could die from it, but hey…nothing is perfect.

 

The doctor said that he would like to start as soon as possible, probably praying that I don’t die before the treatment starts. He told me to expect a call from him in 2-3 months, and that then we would fly to either Switzerland or America, depending on where they would like to do the treatment.

 

Hopefully I wouldn’t die.

 

We exited the office, and before I knew it I was facing Ji. He looked worried and angry…and I saw another emotion on his face. It was love.

 

“Ari, I don’t want you to be a ing lab rat to be tested on!” He said, obviously upset.

 

“Ji, look at me…I have no other choices. Beggars can’t be choosers, and even if I die, my death wouldn’t be meaningless… I would help other people. Please…please understand.”

 

Ji closed his eyes, and I wondered if he was trying not to cry, because my tears were threatening to spill.

When he opened his eyes, I saw just a hint of wetness, and instead saw him smile at me.

 

“Okay…I don’t like it, but I’ll support you.” And then he kissed me, in front of my doctor’s office, in broad day light, with many onlookers gawking at us. My tears spilled, and as we kissed I felt them wet our cheeks, but I didn’t care. It didn’t matter if I died…I experienced what I needed to experience. Love.

 

Now here came the tricky part…convincing my overprotecting parents to let me travel to London, with a 25 year old guy. This will be interesting to say the least. I left Ji in his hotel room, and took the bus home.

 

While driving I thought about how I should approach it. Should I lie? Or tell the truth? And as minutes passed, I formed a plan, a plan where even I wasn’t sure what I would say. Isn’t that a wonderful plan?

 

Opening the doors, I was greeted to the sound of the radio and of my family laughing, with the smell of the lunch which was cooking on the stove.

 

“Honey, how did it go?” My mom first noticed me and after giving my head a pat, went back to cooking.

 

“It went well…they’ll call me in 2 months or so. Listen, mom I have something to ask you.” I said, hopping on a counter next to her, and lightly raking my fingers through

my growing hair. Somehow, it stopped looking like , and was becoming to look like a cute pixie haircut. Couldn’t say that I minded.

 

My mom, as well as my sister, her boyfriend, and my father all looked at me, and I swallowed hard.

 

“Well?” Mia asked, giving me a kick in my lady balls to speak up.

 

“I would like to go…withJitoLondonintwodays.” I closed my eyes and then quickly opened them to see my mom grin. Why was she grinning?

 

“This time slower Ari.” She said, and I tried again.

 

“I would like to go with Ji to London in two days…well one and a half. We would stay there for about 3 days.”

 

“Who is that Ji?” My dad asked, and I almost laughed because I lost my teenage years to cancer, so my dad never had the opportunity to grill me about my boyfriend.

 

“He is a famous kpop star, who visited Ari, you know dad, that one I told you about? That one that is probably in love with your younger daughter?” Mia said, and I chocked. Damn Mia, I’ll never tell her anything ever again.

 

My dad turned bright red, and I got scared that he would lock me into my room and have a heart attack. Before he got to say anything, my mom spoke up.

 

“I think you can go, if anybody is mature enough in this family, then it would be you.

 

But…” She said as she saw me smile.

 

“But?” Please…please don’t make me bring him over.

 

“Don’t worry sweetie, I won’t make him meet your parents. If Mia met him, and said he was okay, I’ll trust her. But…I want you to tell me what you feel for this young man.” I felt myself blush, wondering if my happy face when I walked into my house yesterday gave me away.

 

“I-I think I might…”

 

“You might what?” My mom asked me, her wise eyes staring at me.

 

“I might love him. I mean it is still early, but we have this connection…that I only saw you and dad have.” I finished, and saw my mom bite her lip and nod.

 

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but okay, and no, Jim I’m not hearing a word about it.” She said to my dad, who puffed his cheeks, probably trying to control his urge to lock me into my room, and then nodded, kissing my forehead.

 

Wow…so I was going to London. And I loved Ji. How the hell did this happen?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N    I would just like to say, before everybody tells me how it is all moving too fast, that yes this is fast BUT Ari needs to live fast, plus she and Ji have known each other for over 4  months now, and I believe that when you share such a connection with somebody, 4 months is enough to form a bond as strong as love. Plus, this is fiction guys :P

 

Oh and, I have been busy so I’m very sorry if I didn’t message all the new subscribers, I want you to know that I appreciate each and every one of you. <3

Please comment and love you guys~