Chapter 7

I Love You And Only You

No One’s POV:

 

The next day….

 

Key slowly opens his eyes to find Jonghyun’s bed empty. The younger knew that the older vocalist didn’t like waking up early. Confused, Key walked out of their shared room to find Jonghyun sleeping on the couch.

When Key saw this, it made him feel rejected and avoided by the older. He wanted to wake the older up so that he could ask what was wrong, but he knew not to. The last thing he wanted was a pissed off and cranky Jonghyun. So Key decided to make himself a cup of coffee.

By the time Key finished his cup of coffee, washed the cup, dried it and put it back in the cabinet he heard movement from the couch, followed by a low groan.

Key slowly walked over to the couch to see Jonghyun open his eyes and slowly sit up while trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

“Good morning hyung.” Key says with a smile, attempting to get the older’s attention.

“Morning.” Jonghyun says back as he gets up from the couch.

“Do you want to go watch a movie or something Jjong?” Key asks, hopping that the other would say yes and return back to the happy Dino that he loved.

“I’m busy today. I’m going to the studio and visit Minseok and Jongdae because they just back from China.”

“What if they’re not there?”

“I need to go practice the dance and song anyway. Who knows if I meet up with someone.” Jonghyun says as he walks into their shared room to change.

“Is there something wrong Jjong?” Key asks.

The older stays silent as he pulls off his shirt and throws it on his bed before he grabs a dark grey V-Neck t-shirt and pulls it on.

“Do you mind waiting outside while I change?” Jonghyun asks as he pulls out a pair of black training pants.

Key nods before he walks out. Like I’ve never seen you before…. Key thinks to himself as he closes the door behind him.

Jonghyun takes the pants that he was wearing off and pulls on his training pants. After he pulls them on, he walks out of the room and finds Key sitting on the arm of the couch.

When Key sees the older vocal walk out of the room he walks up to the older and wrapped his arms around the older’s waist. It takes all of Jonghyun’s willpower to remove the youngers arms.

“You’ve been avoiding me hyung…. What’s wrong?” Key asks the older as he watches Jonghyun walks towards the door and opens a cabinet that was filled with his shoes.

“Hyung! Please answer me! If something is bugging you, you know you can talk to me about it.” Key says with slight annoyance in his voice when the older doesn’t answer the younger.

“Do you really want to know?” Jonghyun says as a warning.

“I wouldn’t be asking if I didn’t want to know!” Key says back in annoyance, ignoring the warning.

“Come sit on the couch with me.” Jonghyun says in a softer voice after he lets out a sigh to calm himself down.

“Look…. I don’t think that this is going to work….” Jonghyun says as he sits down on opposite side of the couch to where the rapper was sitting.

“W-What do y-you m-mean?” Key stutters. He didn’t want to believe that this was happening to him.

“I just don’t think this is fair for you. I’m never at the dorm, I don’t take you anywhere anymore and we don’t have a lot in common. I’m sorry Kibum-ah….” Jonghyun says as he looks down at his lap.

“I-Is this about Woohyun and ToHeart?” Key asks as he looks at the older.

“No…. I just don’t have enough time for you now and we seem like we’re drifting apart from each other. It’s better if this doesn’t happen….” Jonghyun says as he looks up at the rapper.

“W-W-Why? If you think that we’re drifting apart…. I can fix that. Please hyung.” Key says as he sees Jonghyun standing up.

“I’m sorry. Lets stay friends and not let this make things awkward between us or all of Shinee.” Jonghyun says as he walks back to the door and pulls out a pair of black converse shoes from the cabinet he opened earlier before he closes it.

“Is there anything that I could do? There has to be something.” Key says as he watches Jonghyun slip on his shoes and beds over to tie them.

Jonghyun slowly shakes his head, indicating no when he stands up again.

“I’m sorry.” Jonghyun says as he walks out.

Once Jonghyun walks out the door he runs towards the SM studio, hoping he would see Xiumin there.

Key on the other hand was sitting on the couch crying.

“I’m not giving my Jjong to anyone. No matter what he will be mine.” Key says to himself as he looks at the door with determination.

 

To be continued….