Chapter 18

I Love You And Only You

No One’s POV:

“I used to think that it wouldn’t work between me and Tao because of our and because we’re from totally different countries. Even though I’m part of Exo-M, I wasn’t great at mandarin and Tao wasn’t great at Korean. I thought of many reasons on why it wouldn’t work between us…. Eventually, I ended up breaking up with him. Thought it was best for him….” Xiumin says in a sad voice as he recalls on what happened between him and Tao.

Key listens carefully to ever word that came our of Xiumin’s mouth and waited patiently for Xiumin to continue, realizing how hard it must have been.

“It took me about four and a half months before we got back together. Although, the four months felt like hell. I was lonely, even though I knew that right next door I had another member…. But somehow…. Tao never got out of my mind. As you probably know, Tao’s really stubborn and will bother someone until he gets his way.” Xiumin says as he chuckles at the last part.

“He kept asking me for a reason, but I just couldn’t bring myself up to tell him the truth…. So I lied. I know that is was wrong and I still feel guilty, but…. When he looked at me like that and asked for me to take him back…. I thought the only way to get him to stop and forget about me was to tell him that I fell for someone else.” Xiumin continues as he looks down at his hands while trying to distract himself slightly so that tears don’t fall from his eyes.

“Lied that I fell in love with Luhan…. Luhan helped me fake it, but eventually Luhan ended up telling Tao that it was all a fake….” Xiumin finishes, trailing off.

“I’m telling you this because I don’t want you and Jonghyunie to be like us and be awkward with each other. I can tell that Jonghyun’s thinking almost exactly how I thought back then so trust me Kibum-ah when I tell you to follow your heart. Not what Jonghyun tells you. I you want something, you need to fight for it.” Xiumin says with a smile as he stands up.

“Well, I need to go back to the dorm so I’ll see you around. If you need anything, don’t be afraid to text or call me.” Xiumin adds on with a warm smile as he turns to leave.

“Wait hyung!” Key says as he quickly stands up when he sees Xiumin turn.

“What is it?” Xiumin asks with a gentle smile as he stops and turns back around to face the Shinee member.

“I don’t know what to say hyung….” Key replies as he looks at the Exo member with hopeful eyes.

“When the time comes Kibum-ah…. You’ll know.” With that being the last thing that he said, he left leaving Key standing, trying to understand what Xiumin meant by that.

Although when he snapped back into reality he walked back to Shinee’s dorm.

 

With Jonghyun….

 

Jonghyun was pacing back in fort in his room that he shared with Key. He was a little uneasy.

“Was I too harsh?” Jonghyun asks himself.

“No…. It’s for the best.” Jonghyun answers his own questions as he shakes his head.

“Where did he go though? He got a phone call, got ready and walked out of the dorm without saying a single word to me.” Jonghyun says as he walks to one side of the room and stops.

“I shouldn’t care. It’s his life anyway.” Jonghyun says as he walks to the other side of the room before he stops once again.

“Did he go to talk to Woohyun? Maybe they’re on a date.” Jonghyun mumbles to himself before he walks over to his bed and lies down before he furiously messes up his hair in frustration.

“Jjong…. Was this why you broke up with me? You thought it was for the best?” Key questions as he steps into the room.

Jonghyun’s eyes widen when he hears what Key said.

While all the fussing and talking to himself, he didn’t notice that Key came back and was standing in the living room, listening to what he was going on about.

“I just went to talk to Minseok-hyung…. Y-You were worried that I was on a date with Woohyun?” Key continues as he steps towards Jonghyun’s bed while Jonghyun was frozen in place, too shocked to say anything.

“I… Kibum-ah…. It’s not what you think! You just heard something wro-“ Jonghyun starts saying, but gets cut off when Key reaches down to grab Jonghyun’s shirt collar and pulls his up so that the older's standing before Key leans down and presses his lips on the older's.

“Now tell me the truth hyung…. Why did you break up with me?” Key questions in a calm voice after he pulled away from the kiss, looking down slightly at the frozen vocal in front of him.

Jonghyun was too shocked to think or speak properly. He wasn’t expecting Key to be listening outside to his conversation with himself or kiss him, but Key did both.

Jonghyun looked at Key with wide eyes, frozen in place.

 

To be continued…