Chapter 13

I Love You And Only You

No One’s POV:

Taemin watches Jonghyun eating as he occasionally turns his head and looks out the window to wave and give everyone a smile while sitting next to a fuming and glaring Key.

“So…. Um…. Kibum-hyung….” Taemin starts saying, clearing his throat which cause Key to look at the maknae.

“Yeah?” Key responds, looking at Taemin now.

“Are you okay hyung? You aren’t really acting like yourself.” Taemin points out.

“I’m fine Taemin-ah, don’t worry about it.” Key replies with a slightly forced smile, but Taemin could see through that so he lowers his voice slightly before asking the diva another question.

“Are you sure hyung? You don’t really look fine.”

“I’m serious Taemin-ah. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.” Key says with another forced smile, but Taemin knew it was fake. Although he knew that the diva’s smile was forced and fake, he didn’t say anything, knowing that there was no point in arguing with the older.

Jonghyun, on the other hand kept watching the diva carefully to see the rapper concentrated on his food, waving and deep in thought about something so the two vocals rarely got their “Umma’s” attention.

Taemin kept watching Key carefully, just like Shinee’s Dino. After a while, the maknae couldn’t take it any of the awkward silence any longer so he started to call Key’s name again.

“Hyung. Kibum-hyung! Key-hyung!” Taemin kept calling the diva’s name, but Key seemed to be in deep thought so the rapper couldn’t really hear the maknae’s voice.

“Key-umma!” Taemin calls Key’s name once again.

“Hm?” Key hums, looking up at the maknae.

Taemin silently cheers and does a fist pump that he finally got the rapper’s attention.

“You’ve been ignoring us. What is it?” Taemin questions.

“Don’t worry about it Minnie-ah.” Key responds as he reaches over and ruffles the maknae’s hair as he gives him a warm smile as he glances over to a fuming Jonghyun.

First Woohyun and now out maknae!? What the Kim Kibum!

Jonghyun mentally curses in his mind.

“I’ll be right back.” Taemin excuses himself and walks out of sight so that he could pull out his phone and make an emergency call to his best friend, wanting to see if he could help with the awkward atmosphere.

Hey Taemin-ah! What’s up?” Kai answers a little breathless from dancing and singing for their practice.

“I need your help.” Taemin says quietly as he looks around the corner to see Jonghyun and Key not talking at all and completely ignoring each other’s presence.

What is it? Did you spill coffee on your pants again?” Kai asks. Taemin could hear a couple of voices laugh from Kai’s side of the phone call.

“No! That was one time !!” Taemin whisper-yells.

Yeah right!! It was more like twelve times!!!” Kai yells from the other side of the line.

“Are you going to help me or not!?” Taemin asks as he looks around the corner again to see Jonghyun staring at his food and playing with it, instead of eating it while Key took a quick glance at the Dino.

Yeah, yeah… What do you need?”

“I don’t know why, but it’s really awkward between Kibum-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung and it’s kind of creeping me out. I don’t know what to do!” Taemin pleads, hoping that his friend would help him.

"*Sigh* Do you want my advice or someone’s that might actually be helpful?” Kai asks after he lets out a long sigh.

“I don’t know. I need helpful advice Jongin-ah!!”

Fine…. Hold on… (Minseok-hyung!!)[What?](Taemin needs advice!!)” Taemin hears Kai and he guesses that it was Xiumin who was yelling in the back round.

Hey Taemin-ah! What’s up? (Apparently, Kibum-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung are being awkward with each other so Taemin doesn’t know what to do)[Really?](Yeah! I mean he’s in his twenties and he-“ Taemin hears the two members having a conversation, ignoring him before the Shinee member cuts Kai off.

“Please!! I need your help! It’s really awkward.” Taemin pleads as he looks around the corner to find both Jonghyun and Key on their phones.

Just get out of there. It’s as simple as that. (Thought you were going to give him HELPFUL advice hyung)[That’s all you CAN do when THOSE two are being awkward]{Yah!! Minseok-ah, Jongin-ah!! Joonmyeon wants to start practice so get off the phone and come here!!}[Chillax Yifan! I’m coming! Here, Jongin-ah](Coming Yifan-hyung!) I got to go Taemin-ah! Good luck!!”

Before Taemin could respond, the line went dead indicating that the two Exo members hung up. Letting out a sigh, he walked back to the table and sat down to find.

Once the vocal sat down, Jonghyun stood up and walked over to sit beside Taemin and slug his arm around the youngers shoulder while Key glared at the two.

How can that stupid Dino think about being close with Taemin!? Does he really think that I won’t give up!? Does he think that I’ll just let him slip through my fingers!? Not this time Kim Jonghyun…. Not this time….

 

To be continued…