9

She's My True Love!

AMBER's POV

 

I brought Krystal to the amusement park. This is the perfect place that I have in my where she can surely be entertained. It is not really my birthday today but I can't think of any reason that will make her come with me.

 

"So, what ride do you wanna try first?" I questioned her.

 

"You choose, it's your birthday." she replied.

 

"Hmmm." I hummed as I roamed my eyes around. "Lines are too long today."I mumbled. "Why don't we try the booths first?"

 

"Okay." she answered me. "Just buy the tickets now for the rides.."

 

"Good idea! Wait for me here."

 

I bought two tickets for roller coaster and ferris wheel ride. I think these two are fine for now. I don't want to exhaust her too. As I was walking back on where she is waiting for me, I noticed the uneasiness expression on her face. It made me wonder if she feels uncomfortable if being around the crowd.

 

"Are you okay?" I questioned her.

 

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." she said, curving a smile.

 

"O...kay."I answered her.

 

We tried this shooting booth. You have to knock down the items in front using a toy gun to earn a prize.

 

"Wow, they are giving away huge stuff toys." I said in awe. "What animal is this?"

 

"A llama." Krystal replied.

 

"It's cool! Let's try this!" I remarked.

 

We are given each toy gun. We only have five rounds. Krystal didn't allow me to pay hers. I don't know what's up with but she's so determined to hit those items with good prizes.

 

"I didn't expect that shooting will be this hard." I spoke after the tenth time that I tried.

 

I only hit those big ones and only got a candy as a prize.

 

"I'll try again!" Krystal said to the attendant.

 

"Here." the guy said, giving another toy gun to her.

 

"Just aim to those big ones if you want to win a prize." I told her.

 

She kept trying and trying but it is still the same. She didn't knock out even a single item that she's aiming. She's a terrible shooter if I may say.

 

"I guess it is 'better luck next time' for us." I said to her, trying to cheer her up.

 

"Yeah." she answered with a faint smile.

 

We tried the other booths and I'm glad to see that she's enjoying. The roller coaster ride was epic too.

 

"The city lights are really beautiful to look at." she mumbled when our cable in the ferris wheel stopped on the top.

 

"Yeah." I answered, admiring the beautiful view.

 

"But the dark parts always ruin its beauty." she spoke that made me looked at her.

 

"Don't you think that it what's brings out the color of the lights thus making the city look more beautiful?" I replied and curved a smile at her when she turned to me.

 

"You're probably right."

 

We start moving again and Krystal keep her sweet smile while looking at the beautiful view. Seeing that smile made me want to do more for her just to keep it.

 

After the amusement park, we went to this one restaurant to have dinner.

 

"What makes you love me?" she asked me out of the blue while we are having dinner together.

 

I looked at her, got a little bit surprise before I fidget on my chair and began to ponder

 

"I find you interesting and you are nice!" I answered her and grinned.

 

She arched my brows when she heard what I said.

 

"This is the first time someone told me that I am interesting and nice because most of the time, it's weird and cold." she answered and giggled.

 

She leaned back on her chair, looking at me as she crossed her arms on her chest.

 

"Kindly elaborate that answer?" she said to her.

 

"Krystal, you sound like a students' hated professor." I joked and giggled but she kept her serious expression so I stopped laughing. "Aish! What's up with all of these?"

 

"I am just curious why you fall in love with me when we only just met a week ago." she told me. "Finding the person interesting and nice is not enough reason for me to make someone fall in love."

 

"Then why did you let me court you?" I retorted, looking at her intently.

 

I think she didn't expect me to ask her that. She fell silent for a moment and I waited for her to answer.

 

"Because I want to find out if you do really love me." she answered me as she avoided my eyes. 

 

"And what if you did?" I asked with a smirk. I like where this conversation is leading to.

 

"Then I might consider returning back your feelings." she answered me.

 

It's not yet my birthday but hearing what she said made me feel like it is really my birthday today.

 

"If I entrust my heart to you, will you give me your word that you won't ever break it? That you will take care of it?" she asked me, looking straight in my eyes.

 

I guess I got used in lying because I can look straight in the person's eyes even if I'm telling a lie.

 

"Yes, I will take care of your heart." I said to her firmly before I curved a smile.