10

She's My True Love!

Key noticed that his friend has been spacing around. He knew that something is bothering Amber and he thought at it must be because of the situation Amber is into.

 

“So what is your status on that Krystal girl?” He asked.

 

Amber snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Key. She let out a sigh even though she has a positive response on that question. She finds her situation more difficult right now. At first she doesn’t care if Krystal will get serious about her but now, she is completely bothered. She knows that Krystal is not like other women she knew before. She sensed that there is something different in her that makes Krystal different from them.

 

“We’re cool. I think she’s falling for me.” Amber replied and curved a faint smiled.

 

“Then why you don’t look happy about it? Isn’t that what you want?” Key asked with raised brows.

 

“I don’t know.”Amber sighed. “I gave her my word that I won’t break her heart and I knew that it was a complete lie!”

 

Key scoffed when he heard what Amber had said. This is the first time that his friend is concern about a girl’s feelings.

 

“You don’t get bothered about lying to a girl before. You probably understand how a girl’s feelings now that you are turned into a girl.” Key stated.

 

“Yeah, that must probably it.” Amber replied.

 

“Well, if you fall in love with her then I think it’s alright. At least, you know that girl truly loves you if she can turn you back into a guy. It’s a win-win.”

 

“You know I don’t believe in love!” Amber stated firmly. “S-So what you are saying is impossible to happen.”

 

Key shrugged his shoulders and continued on what he is doing, browsing the net in his laptop. Amber’s attention was caught by her phone when it rang. She raised her brows when she saw that it is Krystal who’s calling. This is the first time Krystal called her.

 

“Hey!” Amber answered happily that made Key looked at her.

 

“Hey, are you busy today?”

 

“No, I’m totally free today.”

 

“Uhm…can you come in my apartment?”

 

Amber didn’t manage to answer right away. She already hard it countless times from other girls asking her to come in their apartment before. She swallowed the lump that starts to form in thinking that Krystal might want to do something with her. She didn’t expect that it will be too soon.

 

“Hello?”

 

“U-Uh, y-yeah. Sure, I’ll be there.” Amber stuttered and Key furrowed his brows at him.

 

“I’ll be waiting. Don’t make me wait too long or else…”

 

“I’ll be there in ten minutes.” Amber said.

 

She hanged up the phone and let out a deep sigh. A rush of excitement started to flow in her and Key noticed the happy expression of his friend.

 

“Dude, I’m going out! See you later.” Amber hurriedly said and left.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I dropped by in the flower shop to buy some for Krystal. I feel like giving her a bouquet of flowers today. I feel happy and excited in seeing her. I’m looking forward too on what might we do inside her apartment. I can’t believe that today will be my luckiest day with her.

 

“At exactly ten minutes.” She said and scoffed after she opened her door.

 

“I am a man with a word.” I replied and she furrowed her brows. “I mean, woman, rather.”I continued and smile awkwardly. “Anyway, for you!”

 

“T-Thank you!” she answered timidly and received the bouquet of flowers.

 

“What happened to your hand?” I questioned her because there are some bandages.

 

“Don’t mind this.” She replied. “Come in.”

 

Her apartment is tidy and organized. It is just simple though but the atmosphere is relaxing. She has a small living room and she let me sit on the sofa.

 

“Uhm, wait for a while.”

 

“Okay.”

 

I roamed my eyes around, checking out the stuffs while waiting for her. When she came back, she got a bowl of soup in her right hand and small round chocolate cake on her other hand.

 

“No way!” I said in disbelief and awkwardness that I’m feeling.

 

“We haven’t eaten any cakes yesterday so I thought of baking you one and prepare a seaweed soup for you.” She said to me with a timid smile.

 

“You made these for me?”

 

“Yeah.”she replied.

 

I let out a laugh and I feel ashamed of myself. I feel ashamed of fooling her but despite this, having a thought that she did these for me warmed my heart. Nobody baked and cooked a seaweed soup for me in my enter life.

 

“Happy Birthday, Amber!” she said curving a sweet smile.

 

When I saw her smile, I want to pull her in my embrace and kiss her but I know if I do that it will freak her out.

 

“Thanks!” I answered returning back my smile.