3

She's My True Love!

Amber kept following Key, trying to convince the guy that he is his best friend. The guy wasn’t bothered at first, but then, when Amber starts to follow him everywhere, he gave in. He got annoyed while the other party was happy. They talked in this one restaurant.

 

“If you are indeed my best friend, like what you are saying, then prove it to me!” Kibum stated as he crossed his hands on his chest eyeing Amber suspiciously.

 

“Does my looks isn’t enough?” Amber replied pointing his face that made Key raised his left brow. “My features just became feminine Kibum.” He added.

 

“That is not enough for me to believe that you are him.” Key stated.

 

“I lost my ity when I was 17 to our high school classmate during prom.”

 

“Amber must have told you that.”

 

“Tsk! You never tell anyone except me and probably Jonghyun about your real name.”

 

“Same.”

 

“Aish! What do you want me to do for you to believe me?” Amber stated who is starting to get annoyed.

 

“Nothing. I know what’s your objective in doing this, but you can’t make me believe you.” Key spoke. “Your time is up. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got work to do.” He continued as he got up.

 

“W-Wait!” Amber grabbed Key’s wrist to stop him from leaving. “You we’re the only one who knew why I don’t take girls seriously.”

 

Key saw the same sadness that he saw in his best friend’s eyes when he told him about this.The pain that his best friend has been hiding from everybody else. He let out a deep sigh and sat back on his seat.

 

“Okay, let’s assume that you are Amber. What do you want me to do?” he spoke.

 

Amber curved a big smile. “Tell Dad that I’m meeting our business partner overseas so I won’t be able to work in his company for a while.” she spoke.

 

“What?!”

 

“I’m not finish yet! You recommend me to take my position in his company. I know that he listens to you.”

 

“You sound like a desperate woman who wants to get a high positioned job.” Key said as he narrowed his eyes on Amber.

 

“You know I’m the only one who is capable of that position in my Dad’s company, right?” Amber said proudly with a dorky smile.

 

“Now you sound like the real Amber.” Key stated and scoffed. “Let’s see what I can do.”

 

Amber felt relieve that somehow, her best friend had believed him. They went on their separate ways and she decided to take a stroll to kill some time. She is thinking of a solution of how she would get her life back. She was so lost in her thoughts that she bumped on someone. They both fall down on the ground and she groaned in pain.

 

“Yah! Look where you are going!” the girl yelled at him.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to do the same?” Amber retorted as she looked at the person.

 

“Y-You!” they both exclaimed with widened eye.

 

Amber quickly stood up and tried to help the girl to stand up. Seeing her at daylight made Amber thought that she is more beautiful than he thought she was.

 

“T-Thank you and I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t mention it. I think we were both spacing out while walking.” Amber said and chuckled.

 

“I guess we did.” She replied and giggled.

 

“I’m Amber.”

 

“Krystal.”

 

“Oh, I was expecting to hear a Korean name. But it turns out that you got an English name.” Amber answered.

 

“Yours either.”

 

“It’s because I am not really born here. I am not Korean either. I am really Chinese and born in America.”

 

“I am Korean and born in America.”

 

“I’m glad that I met you again, Krystal.” Amber said with gently voice flashing a charming smile.

 

Krystal giggled, finding Amber’s smile a dorky instead of a charming one.

 

“I’m happy to see you again, Amber.” Krystal replied.

 

Amber glance at Krystal’s school I.D. She didn’t expect that she is still a student. She mentally face-palmed herself when she just noticed the book that Krystal is carrying.

 

“Are you heading to your University?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“If you like, I can give you a ride.”

 

“Ah no! It’s okay. I will just ride a bus.”

 

“I insist. It is much faster you know.” Amber spoke. “Come on.” she added and grabbed Krystal’s hand that got the girl a bit surprise.

 

From the corner of Amber’s eyes, she saw that Krystal is blushing. She thought that it is a good sign that this girl likes her. She is not sure though if it is romantically or not.

 

‘I will definitely turn that like into a love.’ Amber thought and a smirked crept on her face.

 

"You know, last night, I really thought that you were a guy." Krystal said that made Amber turned to her. "But I'm more happy to know that you're a girl." she continued meeting Amber's eyes and flashed a sweet smile.

 

Although it made Amber confused, she just smiled back at her.