My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 8

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

It was morning but he could still hear the rain outside.  It seemed it had been raining all through the night.  The comfortable bed he lay in, gave him a good night's sleep.  When he opened his eyes, he stared at the ceiling for a moment before he remembered where he was.  He quickly got up and packed his belongings, not wanting to overstay his welcome.  He needed to find another place to stay for the weekend until his friend came back from his trip.

He threw his duffle bag over one shoulder and exited the room.  He stood in the hallway and glanced at the second room down from the one he had been sleeping in.  He figured that he should at least thank the man for letting him stay the night.

He walked over and stood in front of the room, hesitating to knock on the door.  What if the man was sleeping?  He did not want to wake him up.  As he turned to walk away, he heard a smashing sound and then a thud.  Startled, he knocked on the door.

"Hey, are you alright?" he called out.

There was no answer.

Feeling uneasy, he reached for the door handle and opened the door.  The room was dark with the curtains closed but there was enough light from the window edges for the young man to see the sight in front of him.  There was a mountain of paper on the desk while the floor was littered with scrunched up paper.  His eyes caught sight of a smashed table light on the floor and beside it, he saw the man lying faced down.

He rushed over and turned the man over to find the man unconscious.  Panicking, he leaned down against the man's chest and sighed with relief when he realised that the man was still breathing.  He shook the man gently to wake him up.

The man's eyes slowly fluttered open.  He found himself staring into the worried face of the young man.  When he realised that the young man was cradling him in his arms, he forced himself to get up.  He struggled to do so on his own, resulting in the young man holding onto him to steady him.

The young man helped the man over to the bed.  "Are you alright?" the young man asked.  "Do you need to go to the hospital?"

The man shook his head wearily.  "There's no need for that.  I'm fine."  He tried to stand up to prove his point but his head was spinning, causing him to drop back down onto the bed.

"You can barely stand," scolded the young man.  "Just lie down."

Despite hating how the young man was treating him like a child, the man had no strength left to protest.  He had not slept at all last night and his eyes were heavy.  He soon succumbed to exhaustion and fell drifted off into a deep sleep.

When he awoke some time later, he could still hear the rain.  He wondered how long he had been sleeping, thinking that it could not have been that long.  He was caught by surprise when he saw the time.  He had almost sleep the day away.  Just as he got out of bed, he noticed a figure sitting on the floor beside his bed just like a guard dog, except that this guard dog had fallen asleep.  A brief smile appeared on the man's face when he looked at the young man.  His smile quickly faded when he the young man stirred and opened his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" the young man asked.

"I'm fine now," replied the man.  "But, what are you doing down there?"

The young man quickly got up from the floor.  "Thought I'd keep an eye on you incase you fell again...except I kinda dozed off too."

"You sat there all this time?" the man asked in surprise.

Their conversation was interrupted when they heard the front door bell.


"Daddy!" Ren called out excitedly as he rushed over to hug his father who greeted him at the door.

The man hugged his son.  "Did you have fun?"

The child nodded, holding up the large bag of toys he had obtained.  "I got a lot of presents."

The man smiled upon seeing his son in a much better mood.

"It's pouring out there," said the woman as she stepped in the door.  She glanced at the man but then her eyes caught sight of the young man standing aside with the duffle bag on his shoulder.  She looked at him questioningly.

Feeling like he was in the way, the young man started to head for the door.  "I should go."

"Wait!" the man called out, stopping him at the door.  "Did you find a place to stay?"

The young man smiled.  "I'll be right."

From the young man's response, the man figured that he had not found another place to stay.  "If you have nowhere else to go then stay here.  I'm sure Ren would love to have someone play with him."

Ren cheered.  "I have a lot of games we can play.  Daddy's no good at them."

Though the young man was grateful and would have jumped at the offer, he could not help but feel intimidated by the woman's eyes gazing at him.  "I..."

"Sunggyu," said the woman, looking the young man up and down.  "Aren't you going to introduce us?"