My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 14

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

Putting on a strong face, Woohyun got out of the car and began to walk away.  Sunggyu was not about to give up.  He got out of the car and ran after Woohyun, pulling the younger man back.  Woohyun was startled when he felt Sunggyu's arms encircling him tightly as if never wanting to let go.

Woohyun did not struggle.  Instead, he stood still, allowing the older man to embrace him for a moment.  To be held by a man who loved him, gave him much comfort but he could not allow his selfish want to cloud his judgement.

"Let me go," Woohyun said softly.  "You're a respectable man and you have a family, you shouldn't get involve with someone like me.  Nothing good will come of it."

Sunggyu shook his head, refusing to heed Woohyun's words.  "I'm a selfish man, Woohyun," admitted Sunggyu.  "I don't love easily but when I do, it's for life."

Hearing Sunggyu's comforting words brought tears to Woohyun's eyes.  He leaned into the older man's embrace, surrendering to Sunggyu's feelings.  He was defeated.  "You're a foolish man."

Sunggyu smiled when he felt Woohyun's arms wrap around his back.

Their moment was short lived when Woohyun noticed a group of men approaching his way.  Fear etched upon his face.  He immediately distanced himself from Sunggyu and pushed the older man away. 

"Please, get out of here," Woohyun urged.

Sunggyu frowned in confusion at Woohyun's sudden change of behaviour. He was about to question Woohyun when he caught sight of the group of men approaching Woohyun.

"Time's up," one of the men announced.  "The boss is waiting.  What will it be?"

"I'll come with you," said Woohyun surrendering to them.

Despite not offering any sign of resistance, two men came over and restrained Woohyun as they led him away.  Sunggyu had no idea what was going on but he could tell from the fear on Woohyun's face that the younger man was in trouble.  He immediately rushed over and pushed the men aside while pulling Woohyun behind him.

"Who are you?" Sunggyu demanded.  "What do you want with him?"

The men looked menacingly at Sunggyu.  "What's it to you?"

"He's just a customer," Woohyun interjected, trying to ease the tension.  "He doesn't know anything."

One of the men grabbed Sunggyu by the collar.  "Stay out of it if you know what's best for you," he warned and shoved Sunggyu aside.

The hard shove from the man caused Sunggyu to stumble to the ground.  Sunggyu refused to give up.  As he got back up, he caught sight of Woohyun staring at him with pleading eyes and shaking his head as if begging him to stop.  Sunggyu was determined to save Woohyun.  He rushed over to them but one man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.

"I warned you, didn't I?" said the man as he pulled the trigger.

"No!" Woohyun screamed as he watched Sunggyu collapse to the ground.

"Hey, what's going on?" a voice called out.

Several passersby arrived at the scene which caused the men to retreat.  Ignoring everything around him, Woohyun rushed to the fallen man on the ground and cradled him in his arms.  He gasped in horror when he saw the blood gushing out from Sunggyu's chest.  The older man's eyes were closed and he was not moving.  Woohyun shook his head in disbelief.

"No," Woohyun begged with tears strolling down his face.  "Sunggyu, please."