My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 17

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

Excitement filled the exhibition hall as the crowd eagerly awaited the arrival of their favourite writer.  The moment Sunggyu appeared, there were gasps of excitement as they marvelled at the good looking man before them.  Dressed in a black three piece suit and tie with his hair slicked back, he made many of his female fans swoon.

Woohyun stood at the back of the hall, looking at the long line of women queued up for a chance to meet the famous novelist.  He watched with envy as Sunggyu smiled tenderly at each woman that came up to him.  While he signed their books, they stood and watched him lovingly.  Woohyun's eyes narrowed when he saw them shake hands.  He noticed that the women's hands always lingered on while Sunggyu simply smiled.

Woohyun frowned as he turned to look at Ren who was standing beside him and eating an ice cream.  "Your daddy sure is popular," he commented.  "They really love him."

Ren glanced up at Woohyun.  "Doesn't Woohyun love daddy too?"

"My love is different to their love," replied Woohyun.  "They love him because he's a famous writer.  If he wasn't famous, they wouldn't love him.  I love him because..." He paused a moment and looked at the child who stared blanky at him while his ice cream.  Why was he trying to explain something so complicated to a child?  It was time to change the topic.  There was something he had been curious about but he could never bring it up with Sunggyu.  "Ren, do you miss your mummy?"

Ren's expression changed and he stopped his ice cream.  He looked at Woohyun before shaking his head.

Woohyun was surprised at the child's response.  Perhaps the child was too young to remember his mother.  He could not help but wonder what had happened to the woman.  "Why is that?" Woohyun asked.  "Don't you miss her?"

Ren shook his head, a hint of fear in his eyes.  "Mummy is mean.  She always yelled at daddy and hit him and break lots of things in the house.  Sometimes she hit me too when I didn't do anything."

A brief smile appeared on Woohyun's lips.  He could not help but feel a little happy inside to know that Sunggyu and his wife did not get along.  There was no chance that they would get back together.  He figured that they most probably got a divorce.  "She doesn't come to visit you?"

Ren shook his head.  "Daddy said she doesn't love him anymore so she left," replied the child.  "But it's okay now because you love daddy."

Woohyun patted the child's head gently.  "I do."  He's mine now.  I won't let anyone else have him.


Sunggyu was much relieved When the book signing event finally came to an end.  He sighed from exhaustion while his editor seemed pleased that the event had gone so well.  Sunggyu could not care less about how well it went.  He was far more concerned about the two people waiting at the back of the hall.

When he approached them, he noticed that both Woohyun and Ren were sitting on the sofa but they seemed to be sleeping.  He felt guilty for making them wait so long.  He stood smiling as he admired their sleeping faces until a voice interrupted him.

"Sunggyu," a voice called out.

He recognised that voice and immediately turned around to see a young man approaching him.  He smiled with surprise as the young man ran up to him and embraced him.  "Myungsoo, when did you get back?"

"I rushed all the way here from the airport but," the young man paused and glanced around with a disappointed frown.  "It looks like I didn't make it on time.  I wanted to be here for your book signing event."

Sunggyu smiled.  "I'm glad to see you."

Woohyun opened his eyes to see Sunggyu embracing another man.  He frowned at the stranger.  Who was he?  Why was Sunggyu so friendly towards him?