My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 18

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

Woohyun decided that he disliked the stranger who was hugging the man he loved.  He frowned as the two people seemed oblivious to his presence.  How he wanted to pull them apart.  It was only when he heard Ren's voice did he jolt from whatever trance he was in.

"Uncle Myungsoo!" Ren called out and rushed over to the stranger.

It was then that they realised that Woohyun and Ren were awake.  The stranger picked Ren up in his arms and the child seemed happy to see him.  Woohyun stood and watched in silence, somehow feeling like he was an outcast until Sunggyu walked over to him.

"Woohyun, I'd like you to meet my brother, Myungsoo," said Sunggyu, introducing the two.  "He's just come back from Japan.  Myungsoo, this is Woohyun.  He's someone I love very much."

Woohyun was a little surprised that Sunggyu had admitted to their relationship so openly.  He wondered what the brother's reaction would be.

Myungsoo placed Ren down and offered Woohyun a handshake to which Woohyun hesitantly accepted.  "My brother doesn't say that very often," Myungsoo teased with a smile.  "So he must really love you."


The four of them went out for dinner at a fine dining restaurant to celebrate Sunggyu's book release as well as Myungsoo's return.  Myungsoo ordered an expensive bottle of wine to celebrate the occasion.  Woohyun discovered that, despite Myungsoo's age, the young man was rather childish, always playing with Ren and not afraid to ruin his suit.

By the time they returned home, Sunggyu was a little tipsy.  Woohyun helped him to his room while Myungsoo tucked Ren in bed.  Woohyun lay the older man down on the bed and proceeded to help him change out of his suit.  He took off Sunggyu's tie and began ing the older man's shirt only to have Sunggyu pull him down onto the bed.  Woohyun was startled and wondered if the older man was drunk.  He tried to get up but Sunggyu wrapped his arms around him and held him against his chest.  Woohyun tried to avoid the area on Sunggyu's chest where the bullet had wounded him.

"Sunggyu..."

"I've never been so happy," Sunggyu commented while holding Woohyun in his arms.

"Is it because of your new book sales record?" Woohyun queried.  "Or is it because of your brother?  You two seem very close."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun for a moment.  "I am happy that he is back," Sunggyu admitted, earning a pout from Woohyun.  "But, what makes me the happiest right now is that you're by my side."

They shared an intimate kiss, wrapped in each other's arms.


Amidst his sleep, Sunggyu heard a whisper beside his ear. 

"Sunggyu, I'm sorry I have to do this," said the voice.  "I only want us to be happy together.  You, me and Ren.  Just us and no one else."

He felt a soft kiss upon his lips. 

"No, Woohyun..." Sunggyu murmured in his sleep.  "Don't go..."

"I'll be back soon."


Sunggyu's eyes shot open.  He glanced to his side and found that he was alone in bed.  "Woohyun?"

Wondering where Woohyun was, Sunggyu climbed out of bed just as his phone rang.  He glanced at it and saw Myungsoo's name flashing on screen.  He frowned, wondering why Myungsoo would call him if they were just a few rooms away.  Despite thinking this, he answered the call.

"Myungsoo, what-" Before he could finish his sentence, a frantic voice on the other line cut him off.

"Sunggyu, help me.  He's crazy!  He-"  The line went dead.

Sunggyu rushed out of his room and ran to Myungsoo's room.  He found Myungsoo's bedroom door wide open but there was no sign of his brother.