My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 4

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

When their conversation ended, the man watched as the young man and his friend headed off, probably to try out the adrenalin pumping rides.  He held onto his son's hand while the son continued to wave at his new found friend.  The young man waved back and smirked at the man before disappearing amongst the crowd.  The man decided that he hated that smirk.

"Come on, Ren," said the man, holding onto his son's hand.  "Shall we go?"

The child pouted.  "Daddy, can we please go on a ride?"

Not much of a ride fanatic, the man chose only the rides that he thought were safe.  They ended up on the merry-go-round, the toy cars and the spinning cups.  The man wondered why al the rides kept going around in circles.  His son seemed to be enjoying himself, but the man did not look so good.

When they stepped off the last ride, the man felt his head spinning and lost balance.  Just as he was about to stumble forward and hit the ground, he felt a pair of arms catching him and he leaned into whoever it was for support.

"Hey, careful there," said a voice.

The man waited a moment for his head to clear before looking up at the person holding onto him.  "Thank y-" he began but his words came to a halt when he saw the face staring back at him.

"Are you alright?" the young man asked.

The man was taken aback by the concern on the young man's face as he was expecting to see the smirk.  "Um..." the man hesitated as he glanced at the young man's arms still holding onto him.

"Oh," said the young man as if he had just realised it and quickly released the older man.

"Daddy doesn't like rides," said Ren.

The young man frowned at the older man.  "Then why did you get on?"

"Because I wanted to go on," Ren interjected sadly.

The young man smiled at the child.  "You're very lucky to have a daddy who loves you so much."

Ren nodded.

Their conversation was interrupted when the young man's friend glanced at his watch and nudged him.  "We should go."

The man young nodded to his friend.  He quickly turned back to the child.  "Make sure you look after your daddy, okay?  We don't want him falling over again.  I won't always be there to catch him."

With those words, the young man and his friend exited the park, leaving the older man frowning.

"Come on, daddy," said Ren, holding onto the older man's hand.  "I'll hold your hand."


By the time they arrived home, the child was sleeping in his father's arms while still clutching the soft toy.  The man figured that the child must have been exhausted from all the excitement and rides at the park.  After tucking Ren in bed, the man headed to his study when he heard the doorbell ring.  He glanced at his watch, wondering who it could be at this hour of the night.

He opened the front door to find the familiar face of a woman he did not want to see.  She stood with arms folded across her chest, looking unimpressed.

"Where have you been all night?" she questioned.  "I rang you a hundred times."

The man searched his pockets only to discover that he did not have his phone on him.  That would explain why he did not hear the phone ring.

The woman frowned and barged her way inside before he could even stop her.  "Is Ren asleep?"

The man sighed.  "Yes, he is," he replied and closed the door behind her.