My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 19

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

Sunggyu hastily dialled a number and waited impatiently as it rang.  "I need to ask a favour," said Sunggyu, the moment his call was answered.  "Can you come look and look after Ren for me?"

"What?" came the sleepy reply of his editor.  "Why?  Where are you going at this hour of the night?"

"I don't have time to explain," said Sunggyu with a tone of utmost urgency.

"But-"

The call ended before his editor could protest any further.


Leaving Ren in her care, Sunggyu got into his car and drove aimlessly through the dark streets.  He did not know where to start looking but he knew he had to find them.  He continued trying to dial Myungsoo's phone but his calls were answered.  Frustration and panic settled in as he could not help but worry that something terrible had happened.

His car came to a screeching halt when he noticed a motorbike parked in the middle of the road with it's headlights on.  A leather clad figure stood beside the bike with his face concealed beneath a helmet.

Sunggyu remained in his car and glanced around, realising that hey were the only ones on this stretch of road.  He wondered if he should just drive off but he figured that the motorbike would eventually catch up to him.  As Sunggyu sat there wondering what action to take, the figure pulled off his helmet to reveal a familiar face.  Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise when the figure drew out a blade strapped to his back.

"Mr Kim," the figure greeted him with a smirk.  "I've been waiting for you."


He slowly opened his eyes and groaned at the pain on the side of his head.  Blood was trickling down the side of his face.  He could hear the sound of waves crashing against the rocks below.  He figured that he was on a cliff somewhere.  He lay there on the cold hard ground, staring up at the starless night sky, trying to recall what had happened.

All he could remember was waking up in the middle of night and to find a figure standing at his bedside.  Before he could even make a sound, he was knocked unconscious when a hard object impacted with his head.  He had regained consciousness a short moment later which had surprised his attacker.  A struggle ensued and he was able to make contact with Sunggyu but given the circumstances, he could only hope that the older man understood his cry for help.

When he recalled who the figure was, he immediately tried to get up but found himself unable to move.  His hands and feet were bound by thick metal chains.  He struggled with all his might to loosen them but it was futile.

"Give it up," snapped a voice.

He immediately glanced around the surroundings and saw a figure standing there, watching him with an amused look upon his face.  When he noticed the figure running his fingers along the sharp blade in his hands, he knew he was in grave danger.

"You could have had a painless death," the figure told him.  "But you just had to wake Sunggyu.  Do you think he can save you?"

"Why are you doing this?" he asked.

"It's your fault!" his attacker snapped.  "Why did you have to come and take him from me?  I won't let you.  Sunggyu is mine now.  He's all mine.  You're not needed."

He looked at his attacker who was beyond help.  "Does Sunggyu know you're crazy?"

His attacker glared at him before plunging the blade into his victims's chest.

"Myungsoo!" a voice shouted out.  "Stop!"