My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker - Chapter 15

My Daddy's Lover Is A Troublemaker

Sungjong noticed his assistant sitting in the corner of the room reading a newspaper.  As he approached closer, he noticed the smirk on his assistant's face.

"Sungyeol," he called out.

His assistant jolted when he heard his name.

"What are you smiling about?" Sungjong asked.

"Nothing," Sungyeol replied, putting down the newspaper.  "I'm a happy person."

Sungjong glanced at the article which Sungyeol had been reading.  The attack on the famous novelist was front page news.  Sungjong let out a sigh.  "Poor Ren for something like that to happen to his father."


He heard the sound of the gunshot and saw the bullet lodge itself in Sunggyu's chest.  He saw Sunggyu drop to the ground, bleeding the wound in his chest.  He screamed.

The scene repeated itself over and over in his mind like a never ending cycle until he jolted awake.  His ragged breathing slowly subsided when he realised that he was in a hospital room.  He gripped tightly onto Sunggyu's hand as the unconscious man lay in the bed.

"Sunggyu," he whispered softly, hoping that the unconscious man would hear him.  "Please, open your eyes and look at me."

He waited with much anticipation but Sunggyu remained still.  Filled with despair, he leaned onto the unconscious man and cried.

A moment later, he heard footsteps at the door.  He looked up to see Ren and the woman enter the room.  Not wanting Ren to see his tears, he quickly wiped them and forced a smile for the child.  Ren was happy to see Woohyun but then he pouted when he saw his father lying on the bed.

"Why is daddy sleeping here?" the child asked.

Woohyun looked at the child.  He was about to reply but found himself unable to focus.  His head was spinning and before he knew it, he collapsed to the floor, startling both the woman and child.


The woman and child remained in Sunggyu's room while the doctors took Woohyun away to treat him for exhaustion.  It had all been too much for him.

"When is daddy going to wake up?" Ren asked curiously.

"Soon, I hope," the woman replied.  He has a book signing to attend.

The child frowned and shook the unconscious man gently.  "Daddy," he called softly, trying to get the man's attention.


Outside the door, a figure stood and watched through the gap of the door that was left ajar.  He glanced at the unconscious figure on the bed.  His eyes narrowed in anger.  He clenched his fist and turned to walk away.


He watched as the group of men entered a building guarded by two men.  Moments after they disappeared inside the building, he walked over to the building.  Upon seeing him approach, the two men blocked his path him.  He ws not about to let them stop him.  Without warning, he drew out his blade from under his coat and slashed their throats before they could even say a word.  They dropped to the ground, lifeless as he continued inside.

Agonising screams echoed inside the building as the men tried to protect their boss.  One by one they fell until there was no one else left.  The boss tried to get away from the sadistic killer but he came upon a dead end.

"Why are you doing this?" the boss asked.

"I've tried so hard to be good," he replied.  "But hurting the one I love is not acceptable!"