Free Me...

Text Me...

"You can't be 100% certain it's him though," Gyumin tapped the blue Bodyguard while staring at Suhwa's dazed and confused face. "I mean like seriously, a lot of people in Seoul could have the same phone as him."
Suhwa shook her head, "No, it was definitely him. I heard his voice and it sounded exactly like Wooyoung's."
"So why didn't you say anything to him?"
"Cause I was still kinda dazed from being rammed over!"

She groaned, sprawling her arms over the table and pouted. "Gyumin, I screwed it up again."
"No you didn't," Gyumin walked over with the phone and put it beside Suhwa's hand. "You still have this."
"And the what the heck is a phone gonna do?"

Gyumin lifted an eyebrow at her, "Are you kidding? Did your memories get mixed up when he knocked you over FOR THE SECOND TIME?"
Suhwa's eyes widened as she shot back up. "Oh my gosh Gyumin. You're brilliant."
"Eh, I try."
"Wait," Suhwa's eyes clouded over again as she slumped back onto the table, "there's no way I can talk to him. Things are so much different from what they used to be 5 years ago. Plus, I don't think I can talk to him without...."
Gyumin walked over as she started to tear up again and put her arm around her friend. "Then I'll call him. Don't worry Suhwa, we'll figure something out. I promise."

She grabbed her own phone from the counter top and punched in Suhwa's number.
2 rings later, someone picked up.

"Hello?" Wooyoung said as he picked up, "Gyumin?"
"Yah," Gyumin answered, "do you not look in front of you when you walk? Or is knocking down people on the sidewalk fun for you?"
"Well hello to you too. I'm assuming you got the invite?"
She sighed, "Yes Wooyoung, I got the invite. And so did the owner of the phone you took."
"The owner of the phone?"
"Yeah."
"The owner of the-" he stopped in mid-sentence, pausing for about a good 2 minutes before he said, "S-Suhwa?"
"She has your phone," Gyumin responded, "When can you come switch them back?"
"Trust me," Wooyoung dropped his voice to a whisper, "I would give anything to get outta here and see her again. But I can't..."
"And why is that?"
"Cause Minyoung, her family, and my family all have me under watch. Ever since they found out that I mailed Suhwa an invite, I get to travel with a nice entourage of security guards behind me."
"Wow...this ."
"Yeah I know right?" Wooyoung sighed. "Just...tell her I'll see her at the wedding."
"Okay."


Wooyoung hung up the phone and looked at it, tears spilling out from his eyes.

Suhwa I'm so sorry.
I didn't even recognize you today.
I'm such a jerk.

These past 5 years, Wooyoung's always kept that same blue Anycall Bodyguard, and not one day has passed without Suhwa popping into his mind.
He wanted to call her, he wanted to text her, he wanted to see her.
But he thought it'd just make things worse. 
And the last thing he wanted was to see her cry.

So just like that, 5 years came and went. He enlisted in the army with the rest of the 2PM members, served his time, and got discharged. When he came home, his parents sat him down and broke the news to him.

He had to marry Minyoung.
There was no way out of it.
A debt is a debt and a promise is a promise.

The wedding's tomorrow...and Suhwa's gonna be there.
I can't marry Minyoung, but I don't have a choice.

Wooyoung wiped the tears off the front of the pink Bodyguard he held tightly in his hands then flipped it open slowly.
A picture of them smiled back at him.
They were both wearing the couple scarves he had made for them, and their hands were intertwined with each other's.

I remember this picture.
I remember how happy she was....how happy we were.
But that was 5 years ago.

"Wooyoung?" His mom's voice snapped him out of his memories as she knocked on the door. "I know you're probably still mad but we need to talk."
"Not in the mood umma," he answered, slipping the phone into his back pocket. "My funeral's tomorrow remember?"
"No. You need to hear this. Now."

The door opened and Wooyoung's mom walked in with his dad in tow.
"What is it?" Wooyoung sighed out. He watched as his parents exchanged glances with each other then looked at him.
"Wooyoung-ah," his mom started, sitting down next to her son, "we talked. About your...situation."
"And we realized now that we were wrong," his dad finished.

Wait.
Did they just say...


"What do you mean 'we were wrong'?" Wooyoung looked at them, trying to make sure they weren't lying.

They're telling the truth...

"When you ran off from the wedding rehersal this afternoon, your father and I decided to have a talk."
"And we decided that it wan't fair of us to force you into something like marriage with someone you don't even love. Every person needs a chance to follow their own dreams, not those set out for them, right Wooyoung?" his dad smiled at him, giving him a pat on the back.

I said that to him after I made the JYP audition...can't believe he still remembers.

Wooyoung smiled, giving them both a hug, "Thank you. So much. But what about the money?"
"We already took care of that," his mom answered, "The real question is, what're you going to do?"
"Minyoung's not going to let go that easily Wooyoung. Be prepared."
"I know appa...I will be."


Author's Note

guysssss...it's ending soon! :)
i would love it if you all would comment and vote up the story ^^
yeah but anyways...the story's probably gonna end either tonight or tomorrow...depending on how much time i have and much i choose to procrastinate from studying LOL xD