Pass Me...

Text Me...

"Suhwa!"

Suhwa slowly opened her eyes and turned to look at the clock on her bedside table.
It said 8 AM.
On a Saturday.

This better be life or death important.

"What?" she answered back, making her way down the stairs and into the kitchen where her mom was sitting on one of her bar stools by her kitchen island. She was holding her iPhone in one hand and a white envelope in the other.
Suhwa's eyes immediately drifted to the envelope.

It's been 5 years since she had left Korea. 5 years since the last time she had talked to...or touched...Wooyoung. Everyday for the past 5 years, Suhwa hoped and prayed that she'd get a call from him. She would've been happy with him texting one word too. But nothing came. 5 years went by in the blink of an eye. Suhwa watched as 2PM won more awards in Korea, moved their music to Japan, then went off to the army together. They had just been discharged recently, which meant that she couldn't even go onto Facebook without seeing his face on her newsfeed.

These past 5 years, Suhwa wanted to talk to him. She wanted to tell him that she had graduated high school, got into college, graduated college, and is now living in New York City. She wanted to tell him all this, but she couldn't. She was a distraction to him, and a constant guilt trap because of his engagement agreement with his childhood friend Minyoung.

So just like that, 5 years came and went.
5 years of listening to the song "Tik Tok" and crying instead of smiling.
5 years of watching him perform on music shows and act goofy on variety shows.
5 years of waiting.

"I know it's early, but I thought you might want to have this as soon as possible," her mom put the envelope on the island and got off of the stool. 'I'm gonna go now, but if you need anything just call."

As soon as she heard the door to her condo close, Suhwa dived for it and ripped it open.
She felt the crack in her heart, the one that got deeper and longer with each passing year, finally break.

No.
No this isn't real.
I'm dreaming.
I'm asleep and this is all just a really bad nightmare.
Wake up Suhwa. WAKE UP!

She closed her eyes and opened them again, hoping that the envelope in front of her would be gone.
But it wasn't.
Instead, the words printed on the white paper stood out more vividly than ever.


You are cordially invited to the wedding of:
Jang Wooyoung and Hwa Minyoung

The phone rang, breaking Suhwa out of the shock she was rapidly slipping into.
"Hello?" her voice shook as she answered it.
"Suhwa?" Gyumin's voice responded, "did you get it?"
"If you mean the invite to my own funeral, then yeah. I got it."
"You don't have to go."
"I know," she sighed as she picked up the white paper into her hand, "but I feel like I should."
"Why? It's only gonna hurt you more, and that's the last thing I want to see."
"No. I need to get closure. I need to talk to him...one last time."
"Fine," Gyumin sighed, "I'll get the ice cream ready then. What flavor do you want?"
Suhwa laughed, "Surprise me."

She hung up then touched her mom's number on her iPhone.
"Umma, I need a plane ticket to South Korea. As soon as possible."


"Suhwa!" Gyumin shouted, almost knocking her best friend to the ground as she sprinted into her. "Oh my gosh I'm so happy you're back!"
Suhwa smiled as she followed Gyumin out the airport doors. The hot, humid summer air hit her like a wall the second she stepped outside.

Nothing much has changed....at least not between us.

"Please tell me you have some incredibly y dress in that suitcase," Gyumin asked, pulling onto the highway. Suhwa looked out the window and watched the familiar landscape roll by. Last time she had driven pass this place, she fighting tears.

This time was no different.

"It's a wedding girl," she finally answered, "you gotta dress classy."
"Uhhhh not when you're trying to win back your boyfriend."
"He's not my boyfriend," Suhwa mumbled, looking back out the window, "At least, not anymore."
"You two technially didn't break up. That Minyoung just wormed her way in and ruined everything."
"It's not her fault. I was the one who left him. Plus," she pushed back the unshed tears lingering in her eyes, "he made a promise."

Gyumin sighed in defeat, "Well, as long as you're ok."
A couple minutes went by as she drove them into the downtown Seoul. Gyumin stopped the car in front the parking garage to her apartment complex and shut the engine off.
"This is us," she smiled as she got out of the car and handed the keys to the guy at the front desk. Suhwa opened the door and stepped out, stretching out her legs.

Ahhhhh, it feels good to be back.

She walked out the front of the complex and down the sidewalk, looking at all the new stores that've popped up since she left and remembering the names of the ones that were still there from 5 years ago.
Completely oblivious to the guy in a trench coat and hat running in her direction at full speed.

"Owwww," she said as they collided into each other, sending her bag flying with everything in it spilling out onto the sidewalk. At the same time, the mystery man's bag also flew open, mixing their things together.
"I am so sorry," he said, shoving his things into his bag.

Wait...his voice sounds...familiar.

"No, it's my fault," Suhwa replied, putting her own things back into her bag, taking her phone last. "I was spaced out. I'm so sorry for knocking you over."
"I'm pretty sure it was the other way around but it's no big" he said, running off again as Gyumin ran up to her.
"Yo, who was that?"
"I have no idea," Suhwa sighed, getting off the ground.
"Yeah....so anyways! Did you get Nana's text about the reunion dinner tonight?"
"No..."
"What?" Gyumin shot her a confused look. "Check your phone. She told me she sent it to EVERYONE."

Suhwa reached into her bag and pulled out a phone.
A blue Anycall Bodyguard.

Wait.
This isn't my phone.


"Girl, I'm pretty sure your phone's the pink version of this one," Gyumin said, taking it from Suhwa's hand.

The blue Bodyguard.
Wooyoung...


Author's Note

hehehehehe.....hey guys xD
it's uhhhhh...been while...

i feel so bad for completely ditching this fanfic and writing my Myungsoo one T.T
i guess it's cause my infinite feels were in high gear after watching Shut Up Flower Boy Band xD
anyways....since 2PM hasn't really been active in Korea for a while now, I lost inspiration...
BUT!
in preparation of their upcoming comeback this year, I've decided to finish this fic ^^
finally LOL