Break it to Me...

Text Me...

"What'd you mean what're we doing here sweetie?" Suhwa's mom said as she sat down by Suhwa, who's facial expression was a mix of horror, dread, and shock all rolled into one. "We're here to see you!"

Her dad set the flowers down next to the ones that 2PM had sent over a couple days ago and glanced over at Wooyoung, who was still staring at Suhwa.

"Your teacher called us about your accident two weeks ago," he said, sitting on the other end of the couch, "We had a business trip to Seoul coming up so that's why we waited until now to come see you."

Are you kidding me?

"And if you didn't have a business trip?" Suhwa said, pulling away from her mom's third attempt at a hug.
"We would've worked something out with the company," her mom replied, finally giving up. She plopped down on a chair and straightened the collar on her dress shirt before whipping out her compact and fixing her makeup. Suhwa shot a quick glance at Wooyoung who gave her a quick wink.

Not quick enough apparently.

Her dad got up from the couch and stood right in front of her so that he completely blocked her view of Wooyoung, "Suhwa, who is he?"
"Ummmmmm...he's uhhhhhh..."
"I'm the person who found her that night," Wooyoung said, standing up and giving her a small nod, "I just stopped by to make sure she was ok."

"How awfully nice of you," her mom said from the otehr side of the room, "Thank you."
"Yeah...thanks," Suhwa mumbled into the blanket, sttempting to hide her face with it.

She looks adorable when she's embarrassed...

"No problem," Wooyoung gave Suhwa's mom a smile and nodded again in Suhwa's direction, "Hope you get better soon."

Really soon....

Suhwa's dad walked over to the door and closed it as soon as Wooyoung walked out. Immediately, Suhwa felt her heart sink.

"So why are you two really here?" she asked, shifting her gaze back and forth from her mom to her dad.
"What do you mean sweetie?" her mom said, zipping up her purse.
"Every time you guys 'come for a visit' it's usually followed by some urgent news that I'm not gonna like. So start talking."

Her parents exchanged a look before turning their eyes towards her.
With every passing second, the tension in the room grew.

"Well, sweetheart," her mom began, stopping mid sentence to let out a sigh, "after getting the call from your teacher, we realized that if you keep living by yourself, you're going to keep getting yourself hurt.."
"And it's really not good for someone your age to be living by herself in a big city like Seoul," her dad added.
"Yes...so..." her mom trailed off, not daring to look Suhwa in the eye.

Don't say it....please don't say it...

"We've decided that you're moving to America. With us. We're going to be a family again," her dad finished, giving Suhwa a small smile.

No....Absolutely not...

"No," Suhwa finally managed to croak out, "I'm not going with you."
Her mom gave her dad a look that read "I told you" from across the room then got out of her seat and walked towards her.
"Suhwa, we can finally be a family again! Remember when we used to do things together? Be together just the three of us? Don't you want things to be like that again?"

"Since when were they ever like that?" Suhwa felt tears welling up in her eyes. She tried to fight them back but gave up, letting them fall down her face. "When were we ever like a real family? You two were always away even when you lived in Seoul. You spent more time away from the house than being physically in it! I've been living on my own and taking care of myself since I could walk, and I've been doing just fine on my own."

I don't need you...

With a sigh, her parents got up and walked slowly towards the door. Her mom left without saying another word while her dad lingered behind by the doorway.

"The movers will be by to pick up your stuff next week. Be ready."