Suspicions

25 Years

 

 

The next few days were a blur to the initiates. The police went inside and out of the KATB, questioning each one of them and observing the evidences while searching for more. They were everywhere, questioning Victoria's family, finding information from the trainers and suspecting the initiates, which resulted in Minho's and Jonghyun's anger.

"This is ridiculous! None of us would ever hurt Vic noona!" Minho yelled out of frustration. All of the members were gathered in Jonghyun's room, discussing worriedly about the situation. Nana put her hand up, gesturing silence to everybody in the room. "Let them suspect what they want. We are innocent, and that's what matters." she said.

Taeyeon was sitting quietly in a corner, staring blankly at the wall. "But what if one of us was responsible for this.. for Vic eonni." she muttered in her hushed voice, making the whole room stare at her as if she'd lost it.

Bora went up unexpectedly and stood infront of Taeyeon, towering over the girl. "Did- did you do this?" she asked, her hands shaking slightly. Taeyeon looked up at Bora, horror in her face. "I did not! How could you even assume that, Bora-yah?"

"If you didnt, then why did you suddenly say those scary words?" Bora's eyes were filled with tears, just waiting to drop out. "And besides! You were her roomate. It would be so easy for you to just kill her and pretend like you slept throughout the night."

Taeyeon covered her face with her hands, and screamed as tears came out. "I did not ing do it! I did not! And I never would!" Minho went inbetween the girls and took Taeyeon's hand, leading her out of the room while the rest of the group tried to calm Bora down and knock some sense into her.

He took her into a quiet hallway and let her crouch down on the floor, calming herself down. He squatted down beside her and handed over a handkerchief. "You didn't do it. I trust you. We all do." Taeyeon received the hanky and wiped her tears away, still not looking at him.

He decided that it was best to leave her alone and walked approximately 3 meters away from the girl. After maybe 10 minutes of silence, Taeyeon finally spoke up, "I would never do that to her."

"I know." Minho said, "I trust you more than anyone."

She looked away from him, "The police's suspicion.. It got to me. I even suspected Taemin for a while there." she put her fist to the ground. "I was so stupid. Taemin would never do it, we all know that."

He went beside her, together they face the wall. "Come on, none of that makes sense. Why would we kill her? For what benefit?"

She nodded her head, "True. None of us have a reason to." Taeyeon looked at Minho as she stood up. "Minho-yah."

He followed her, also standing up himself. "Yes?"

She looked out the window as she spoke, "Have you ever thought of just, running away? Away from all the death and depression. Go live somewhere where there's only the two of us. Be happy." He raised his hand, tucking back the loose strays of her hair back behind her ears. His palms rested on the outline of her jaw, gently caressing her cheek.

"That sounds like a dream, a beautiful one." he said, making her smile.

She put her arms around his neck, breathing in his scent of grapefruits and a faint hint of detergent from his clothes. Gradually, his arms encircled around her waist, pulling them closer together. She felt him slowly back off her, but his arms were still around her.

Minho's face was inches away from hers and he was looking into her eyes. She smiled at him and whispered, "Can we live in that dream?"

He put his fingers behind her neck and whispered back, "Ofcourse, but to dream, you have to close your eyes first."

And so she did. Their lips touched, closing all spaces between them, and he slowly backed her against the wall. The kiss started out shy, and gentle and it slowly became sensual. Each of them savoured the moment, just happy to be alive for the time being.

She felt him brushing through her hair with his right hand, and the other, circling firmly around the small of her back. She moved her hands from his necks to his hips, putting one of her fingers around a belt-loop of his jeans. They stayed like that for a couple of moments, kissing eachother.

Minho detached himself from her hold and gasped for air. He needed to breath. Taeyeon hadn't realised how much she needed air until then. After a couple of minutes, Minho finally caught his breath and then cleared his throat.

She laughed at him. "Oh minho-yah. You're such a dork." at first he frowned, trying to seem hurt, but that made her laugh more and in seconds, he joined her laughter and for one precious moment, they forgot about everything else around them.

-----------------------------------------------

After Bora had calmed down, everybody waited for Minho and Taeyeon to come back while they talked about what to do with Victoria's case. "Well, I guess we can't do anything about it now. I mean, just leave it to the authorities." Nana said as she blankly flipped the pages of Jonghyun's manga comic.

"Well, we have to do something." Jonghyun said, snatching his comic back from her. "Be careful, you'll wrinkle the pages if you keep on doing that."

She rolled her eyes at him. "Well, what do you suppose we do? We're all basically under-aged."

Taemin protested as he bit the straw of the banana milk he was drinking, "What do you mean by under-aged? we're all mature enough to be called adults already."

Jonghyun pointed at Taemin's drink, "Look who's talking. Maybe you're right, Nana-yah." he said, making some of them stiffle a laugh.

"I agree with Nana, we should just let them handle this." Bora stated quietly. One by one, they started nodding their heads, agreeing with her words.

Myungsoo stood up, "So, what now?" he looked around at his friends, "We're just going to be normal again?"

None of them answered. They glanced at one another, trying to come up with an answer.

"Ofcourse we'd never be normal. Since when was our lives ever normal?" a voice said from the doorway. It was Taeyeon, she came back with Minho by her side. They smiled.

Bora came up to Taeyeon and stuttered, "T-Taeyeon-ah.. I dont know what to say" she put her head down, avoiding her gaze. Taeyeon smiled warmly towards her and replied, "A 'sorry' would be fine. And, I'm also at fault for saying those scary things, I'm sorry."

She put her arms around Bora, her hands patting her back. The girl was crying in her arms, apologizing for quite a number of times until some more minutes. Jonghyun smiled at the sight, "What do you guys think of a movie night? It's been a while since we relaxed."

Minho nodded, "That sounds great. We should atleast chill before the training session starts again tomorrow."

Everybody agreed and then argued about what movie to watch. Bora wanted to watch 'Mean Girls', Taemin suggested 'Spirited Away', and Jonghyun insisted on 'Fast and The Furious' while the other people were just fine with anything. In the end, they settled on everyone's favorite, 'The Lion King'.

Most of the movies they suggested were old, classic ones because nowadays, not much movies were produced since there was a lack of actors and actresses. Basically, not much population to depend on.

In the middle of waiting for the popcorn to be ready, Myungsoo suddenly realised something. "Nana-yah, were is that new guy?"

She looked at him, confused, "What new kid?"

"The blonde, chinese one." He said in a sarcastic tone, "Which else?" Nana's mouth gaped open in shock, "Oh my god. I didnt even realise he wasnt here. Where is he?"

They looked around the room again. "He's sharing a room with Jonghyun right? Well, we're in Jonghyun's room right now. And that guy's not here." Myungsoo said. Nana went to Jonghyun and asked him about the new kid.

"Oh, you mean Kris?" He said, reffering to her question. "He went away to some meeting with his dad or something."

Nana questioned him again, not satisfied with his previous answer. "Well? When is he coming back?"

Jonghyun smiled mischieviously, "Tomorrow, and why do you ask? Do you like him?" she flicked her fingers on his forehead, making him shout, "Dont be ridiculous." she added menacingly as she went back to her spot.

Myungsoo asked her about Kris when she sat down and she explained everything to him. "Do you think he's strange?" he said.

Nana examined her nails as she answered, "Not really. He seems normal enough. His hair however.." she trailed off, not finishing her sentence. "Why, Myung-ah. Do you think he's odd?"

He waved off the question. "Nah, I'm probably just not used to strangers."

------------------------------------------------------

Kris walked along the corridors of the hallway, following the lady infront of him. She was the CEO of the WWG company, the company his father was going to be working together with, the bridge to the Korean markets. Basically, he was a bussiness transaction for his father.

He was at the company to be shown around the place and they explained him about his position later on. He was going to be the Vice CEO after he graduates from KATB. It wasnt overwhelming to him for his father had been preparing him ever since he was a child.

"Please come in, this would be your future office." the lady said. "I hope it is to your liking. But ofcourse, we can make arrangements if it isnt."

He looked around the room. It was a mixture of the colours grey, black and dark red. The walls were lined with thin, glass shelves, just waiting to be piled up with books and paper. There was a pretty large table equipped with a computer, phone and other office stationeries lined neatly on top of it. He wondered if they will even need the light, because behind the desk, was only a clear glass, with curtains framing it's sides.

The lights were naturally streaming through it, brightening the whole room. And the view, the view was great. He went nearer to the glass wall, sitting on his revolving, cushioned chair as he smiled. From afar, he could spot a dome-shaped building made out of glass and metal, the KATB.

"This is just fine, thankyou." he said to the woman. She smiled politely and said, "Well that is fantastic," she said stiffly, trying to put some excitement in her words when Kris knew she was the least bit interested. "To be honest, we made quick modifications to the office because of the sudden changes."

He turned his gaze towards her, "Sudden changes?" he repeated in a question.

She nodded, "We had another person who had earned this job before you did. A really intelligent student, too bad she couldn't make it."

Kris furrowed his eyebrows, "Why couldnt she? What happened?" The CEO sighed and said, "The same thing that always happens."

"Oh, well that's really unfair for her," he noted. "What was her name?"

The lady leaned on the large desk, crossing her arms as she tried to recall, "I dont really remember, she was chinese too though, what a coincidence, right?"

Kris' eyes flickered, suddenly remembering, "By chance, was her name Victoria?"

She looked at him, utterly confused, "Yes.. Did you know eachother?"

He composed himself and tried to not look too bewildered, "No, but I've been hearing that name a lot these days; Victoria."

-----------------------------------------

Author's note: I know I havent been updating a lot recently, but thanks for your patience! So, this chapter was a bit more relaxed than the others. But if I have to remind you, they're still normal teens(young adults) so you cant really expect them to be serious all the time. I'm trying to get that youth back from them, since I've been putting them through so much crap (hehehe my bad :3).