Disturbance

25 Years

Taeyeon was cursing slowly down the hallway. Thinking of all the humiliation that Jonghyun just gave her. She'll get him next time.  Right after.. right after she gets herself a chocolate muffin from the cafeteria.

When she arrived, she took a muffin (since every accomodation including food was paid by the government until you graduate) and bit inside it. Still fresh from the oven, she thought.

She could hear the automatic door opening and saw that some other initiates were walking in the cafeteria after their practice.

Since there were too many sections, she had no idea which section this group was from.

She studied their ID cards. 'Section 4H' Taeyeon never see them around often, actually, she never interacted with anyone outside of her own section so it was probably her fault.

Altough, she does know something about them. Rumours say that section 4H contains the most determined initiates and that they practice more diligently than the others.

She could believe that right away since the 4H people looked very intimidating.

Taeyeon's attention shifted to something else. Was that coffee? she thought.

Her hands swiftly touched the back of her neck. No signs of sweat, so it wasn't her aura.

Could it be that someone is brewing coffee? or.. she looked at the sweating 4H initiates.

No. There is no way. There can't be. she kept repeating the words inside her mind. Three girls from 4H walked towards her and took a muffin from the counter each.

She looked at the three girls- each covered in sweat. The smell of coffee burning her senses.

One girl was wearing a long, orange coloured ponytail and had black lines winging out of the corners of her eyes. Taeyeon wondered how on earth did the eyeliner not smudge on her sweaty eyelids.

The other girl had a very tiny figure but suprisingly, a very huge appetite. She finished half of the muffin under a minute.

The last girl had short, brown curls and a pretty but cold face. Actually, they were all very pretty. Taeyeon felt her insecurities rising and felt jealous of them.

She soon realised that three of the beautiful girls were staring back at her with monochrome expressions on their faces.

She flashed an awkward smile to them and quickly walked past them. She smelt coffee again but that didn't stop her from running away. Because it could be, just maybe, that one of them was her pair.

And Kim Taeyeon was scared out of her wits.

----------------------------------

For the third time, she knocked menacingly on the door. If he was still asleep, he would've woken up by now. But he's still not answering the door; looks like he'd been playing that stupid video game for hours and ignored her since the game was too intense.

She scoffed in disbelief five minutes later when he opened the door. She was right, he had been playing games. Dark circles were his under-eyes and his hair looked like a toussled, black mop on top of his head. Her nose cringed at the foul smell of chips and soda that filled his room.

"Victoria?" the boy said, leaning his side to the door. "What did i do to have the pleasure of your company?"

She squinted her eyes at him, "You think you're so charming, Kim Myungsoo." her hand went up to flick the light switch on and in less than a second, bright lights flooded the room, revealing all of the surroundings to her. The beds were as messy as usual, filled with socks and dirty laundry. Infront of the tv were 2 beanbags surrounded by empty potato chip bags and the game consoles aren't turned off. Taemin, who occupied one of the beanbags, raised his hand to block the blinding light from his vision.

She turned to look at Taemin, who appeared just as bad as his roomate. "Really, Myungsoo? How many hours did you waste on this?" she pointed at the paused game on the tv screen. He just turned from the doorway, ushered Victoria in and shrugged his reply.

"Hyung, we can't pause the game till I die, come on lets playyy." Taemin whined from one of the beanbags. He looked over at Victoria and stood up instantly, noticing the bag of groceries she held. "Vic noona, what's all this for?" he smiled as he peeked into the shopping bags.

She grinned at both of the boys. "I've had rough day and i thought it'd be best to end it with chicken and soju." Hearing that, Myungsoo looked delighted. "Soju? hadn't had a bottle since a long time ago." he said.

"Yay! Noona bought Chicken! Chicken par-tay!" Taemin jumped in joy. She looked at the maknae, amused. "Hey kiddo, you sure it's legal for you to drink alcohol?"

Taemin looked at her, clearly flustered. He screamed, "Yah- i've turned 20 this year you know!" as he opened one of the soju bottles and took a gulp. He then choked and coughed until the other two needed to bring him banana milk to ease the coughing with.

Myungsoo looked disgustedly at him. "I think you better stick with the milk."

Taemin nodded and replied, "Yes, maybe I should. Anyways, it tastes better than that bitter soju." And with that, the three people feasted on the fried chicken with cold bottles of soju, all except for Taemin. He followed his hyung's suggestion about drinking only banana milk.

When it was getting late, probably 10 PM, Taemin was surrounded by his drunk sunbaes. He had fun looking at the drunk versions of Victoria and Myungsoo. They talked to the furnitures, told him their deepest-darkest secrets, and he even took a photo of his hyung vomitting into the toilet. It was all very amusing.

He saw Victoria noona poking Myungsoo's unconcious body on the floor with her index finger. She sat beside him and brushed some of his hair out of his face. Taemin had always sensed something going on between them; maybe this will answer his curiousity.

"Myungsoo-yah, I've been dreaming. She wants to kill me" she stopped for a while and shuddered. "I'm scared. I don't know what to do anymore, I can't rely on anyone. I can't trust anyone anymore.. anyone but you." Victoria strained her neck and let her lips lightly touch his cheeks.

"I love you. And I know you love her, that is why I never told you. I wish you could calm me down after those nightmares, telling me it's okay. But who am I fooling, right?" she chuckled as tears slipped out of her pretty eyes. "That was never meant for me."

Taemin stared at her with his opened mouth as she awkwardly stood up and fell down on the floor, still drunk from all the soju.

--------------------------------------------

The next day, Taeyeon rolled herself off her bed and yawned in distress. She didn't get enough sleep yesterday and was still very, very exhausted. She glanced over at  Victoria's empty bed which was still undone. Maybe she had already gone to shower, Taeyeon thought. I might as well sleep for 5 more minutes while she's still showering.

After five minutes had passed, Taeyeon stood up and walked to the bathroom door. "Eonni, are you done yet? I need to take a shower too you know." There was no reply.

"Vic eonni! Hello?" Taeyeon humphed and then shouted, "Yah!- stop hogging the toilet by yourself! I need to pee!"

That was when she realised that there were no sounds of water running or any signs of activities from inside the bathroom.

Worried, she knocked again. "Eonni, are.. are you okay?" Taeyeon whispered. She opened the door but slipped and fell on something wet as she walked in.

Still on the floor, she looked at her surroundings; the white tiles were covered with a hue of red. Her hand was also covered with deep, red blood and Taeyeon screamed in horror when she saw her eonni, staring back at her with a dead expression on her face.

---------------------------------

Author's Note: Yes. I killed her, I am so sorry. I actually liked her character in here but her death is needed for the plot, sooo.. yeah. Forgive me? Anyways, I loved how Taemin is so cute in here. Taemin the maknae <3