Worries

25 Years

Kris hasn't been eating well ever since that phone call. Heck, he wasn't even sleeping well.

Most of the section members thought he had daddy issues while others thought he was just PMS-ing. It frustrated him that he couldn't tell anybody about this and it felt like a large rock was weighing down his shoulders.

It was a tough choice too. Either he should uncover the truth behind Song Qian's murder or be a good son and protect his father. The choice wasn't that easy.

He had to decide whether he would stick to blood, or justice.

For the nth time that day, Kris sighed heavily, earning himself a few looks from his concerned friends.

"Hey bro, you okay?" Jonghyun asked him as he looped his arm around the angsty-looking chinese boy. In reply, he just shrugged, not really paying attention to the question. Minho said aloud, "Leave him alone Jonghyun-ah, he must be tired from today's training."

With that, Kris left the room, saying that he needed to go to the toilet. Well, he wasn't lying because he did want to go to the toilet, but he left the little detail that he wanted to go there to make a phone call.

As soon as he made sure there was nobody else in ear-shot, he pulled out his phone and searched through his contacts for a specific number.

There it is.

He confidently clicked on the dial button, knowing that this person was a very reliable friend of his since they knew eachother for most of their lives. Yes, he can definitely count on him for advice. It was also a great way to relieve the stress he's been piling up in his mind lately.

Kris waited for the recipient to answer the call as he heard the beeping sounds appearing and dissapearing over time. It began to annoy him that it took such a long time for the person to pick up.

"Hello?" a voice said in Mandarin, his mother-tongue.

He almost leaped in glee, for he was actually thinking that he wouldn't pick up. "Hey, It's me." he answered back in the same language.

The guy from the other side of the phone call replied sheepishly, "Umm, I'm sorry but who are you?"

"Unbelievable." Kris scoffed, "It hasn't been more than a month since we last met and you're already forgetting my voice? Some friend you are."

A laugh resonated through the speakers, "Well, that's because I'm your brother, not your friend."

Kris chuckled, "So now you're calling yourself my brother? Your shamelessness amazes me sometimes."

"I'm just purely amazing, that's why." the boy stated, "Anyways, how's Korea?"

He found himself heaving another long sigh before he answered, "Well, father has done it again."

His friend asked him about what he meant and without thinking much, he spilled everything he knew about the case. For a moment, there were no replies from the other side and he could sense that he was thinking seriously.

"So? What do I do?" Kris asked, a hint of desperateness in his voice. "Please help me, I'm really confused right now."

"What if I go and visit you in Korea, maybe 2 days from now, and then we can talk about it, because this a really serious matter. Too serious to be discussed over the phone."

Kris's eyes widened, "Are you serious? You'd do that for me?" he asked incredulously.

"Ofcourse, I'm Zhang Yixing. I mean what I say." the other boy said calmly.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

"No! Don't go, Taeyeon-ah!"

Jonghyun screamed quite frantically before blocking her and gripping the door handle like his life depended on it. "Minho, what are you doing there? Block this crazy girl!"

The other boy moved just as fast and put his arms around her, securing the little rebelious girl in his hold. She elbowed him accidentally and he winced, "Jjong-ah! She elbowed me!" he wailed desperately.

Taeyeon wasn't giving up that easily. She pushed and squeezed her way out of Minho's reach and lunged for the door handle. To her dismay, it was still guarded with Jonghyun, looking like a bouncer infront of a club. She frowned and tried to pull his hands away from the door and failed miserably. "But I want to go!" she yelled her complaints. Minho and Jonghyun gave eachother nods and held her back.

"You can't. Do you have a death wish?!" Minho finally cracked and stared at her furiously. "We just wanted to keep you safe, geez."

When Minho walked away, raking his fingers through his hair, Jonghyun sighed. "You should have just obeyed us Taeyeon-ah. You know that he's only worried for your sake- now that Eunjung is in the picture." She blew a raspberry and crossed her arms infront of her. "But still, that was a bit too far."

The guy shrugged and walked away, "Fine, do what you want. Just tell Minho about this so that he wouldn't kill me when he sees you wandering around the halls by yourself."

She huffed and reached for the door, "I'm just going to the cafeteria! God, it's not like I'll die from eating."

"From the amount of food you eat, it's not surprising if you do."

"Oh shut up. Bye." she said monotonously.

Jonghyun looked around worriedly as soon as she left. Minho will kill him if he knew, should he hide now? He'd never hear the end of it if the lad found out. He decided that it was best if he snuck out now and began tiptoe-ing towards the door.

"Where- do you think you're going? Kim. Jong. HYUN?" a voice came gravely.

He faced Minho as the boy's eyes shot daggers at him. He was too late.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Ahjumma, can I get the mac and cheese please? Thanks."

The middle-aged lady turned around to meet her with a bowl full of deliciousness in her hands. "Here you go Taeyeon-ie." The girl smiled back at her and tipped her head forward slightly, bowing to her senior. She advanced to an empty table and grinned brightly before she dug in her meal. Ahh, this is the life! I was decaying in that room. Minho can be so hella overprotective sometimes.

Her train of thought was disrupted by a loud thud sound infront of her. She glanced to see two hands pressed on the table's surface before her.

"Enjoying yourself?"

"M-minho-yah," she stuttered.

He sighed as he took a seat infront of her. "Don't you ever do that ever again. Do you know how worried I was?"

"You're over-reacting Minho eomma." she rolled her eyes, "Oh, and don't murder poor Jjong. He tried to stop me, tried." Taeyeon smirked playfully.

The grumpy guy scratched his head and snatched her bowl away. "You really do make me go crazy. This-" he took a bite of her meal, "-is your punishment."

"Yah! Stay away from my food! Jonghyun died from your wrath for me to be able to get this!" she hissed.

He laughed as he watched her snatch the bowl from him and then eat. She noticed his gaze on her and raised her eyebrows at him. "What?"

"You really got to stop seducing me, Kim Taeyeon." He said, propping his chin up on his palm.

She choked on the cheese as she continuously hit her chest with her fist in the hopes of calming herself down. Minho smiled genuinely and slid her glass of water closer to her and she urgently drank until the coughing ceased.

"Cute." he cooed and this time, she began choking on the water.

"STOP IT!" she wailed. He laughed again and pinched her cheeks, smiling when he saw them red-den. "I'm not kidding, stop it." she demanded, covering her face with her hands.

He put his hand up in surrender-mode, "Hey- I didn't say anything."

Taeyeon harrumphed and proceeded in shoving the macaronni into . "I'm serious though, Yeon-ah.."

Yeon-ah? Why does my name sound so much better coming from him?

The girl looked up at him, slightly flustered, "About?" she asked, referring to his unfinished sentence.

"Don't be alone. I don't care who it is- anybody from our section will do. Just- just don't go by yourself, please." he pleaded, looking very worried and desperate. He's being really cute right now, how could she possibly say no?

"Are you that worried?" she asked warily, searching for his eyes.

he was worried for me.

"You have no idea."

Her heart started beating at an abnormal pace, an effect Minho had always had on her. "I'm sorry."

"But-" she quickly said before he could open his mouth, "- you do realize that I'll have to deal with this sooner or later, don't you?"

He gazed upon her longingly and nodded, "I know. Ofcourse I know." she saw him massaging his temples. "You will eventually deal with it sooner or later.. but I'd rather wait for later- so I could keep you with me till then."

Taeyeon's expression softened as she witnessed how hurt he was. "I'm going to be fine, Minho-yah. Stop talking like I'm going to leave. I wouldn't."

"Funny. Victoria noona said the same thing to me once." he curtly replied.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

"Gege, where the heck are you?" a boy spat to his phone in mandarin. "I've been waiting here for almost half an hour."

Kris quickened his pace as he replied, "Yixing just wait. I'm almost there I swear."

"God, you're such a girl sometimes, being late and all." the other boy commented before he ended their call.

Kris just shook his head in amusement and muttered, "Disrespectful bastard. You haven't changed one bit."

The doors of the small coffee shop opened and a series tinkles of bells could be heard echoing throughout the almost empty store. Kris scanned his surroundings and spotted a dark-haired, chinese boy sitting on one of the chairs near the window, sipping his cinnamon tea quietly. He joined him as he sat down, surprising the life out of the oblivious boy.

"Yi Fan-Ge! Don't scare me like that!" chinese curses were launched at Kris, making him laugh.

"You're still as blank as ever, aren't you?" Kris said in triumph from his little prank.

Yixing glared at him playfully, "Whatever you say-lah." he said in their mother tongue.

They kept on conversing in chinese as Yixing munched on the potato chips he bought earlier, when the waitress came over, looking baffled at the foreign yet handsome men infront of her. "Excuse me, can I take your order?" she said, although unsure if the two could understand a word she was saying.

Unexpectedly, The blonde one spoke in fluent korean, "Oh, yes. I'll have the caramel macchiato-" he said before turning over to his companion and speaking in a different language. The latter answered him and he translated his order to the waitress. "He'll have one vanilla latte, please."

The girl quickly jotted down the orders in her note and asked again, "You can come to claim your drinks when we call out your name. Oh- pardon me. May I ask in whose names these orders are for?"

"Wu Yi- never mind. Mine is in the name of Kris and his-" he looked at his friend, thinking that Yixing was too difficult a name for the korean tongue. His eyes landed on the bag of potato chips the boy was holding and saw the name 'Lays'. "His will be in the name of Lay." he said, trying not to laugh.

The waitress raised her eyebrows but said nothing, and excused herself. Yixing bombarded his Gege with complaints when she was out of earshot. "Hey! How could you name me after potato chips! Out of all the names you could call me!"

"I'm sorry.. Hahahah nothing came to my mind but then I saw the name of the chips and an idea struck me-"

"And then you named me after a snack! Well done Ge! Good job. I'll pay a fortune to see you naming your kids in the future." he grumbled.

They laughed for a good while and took their ordered drinks after a few minutes. Yixing squinted distastefully towards the name 'Lay' scribbled across the side of the plastic cup.

"So, how are you going to deal with your father?" Lay asked while nibbling the end of his straw.

Kris took a deep breath and shot him a look, "Isn't that what we're trying to figure out right now?"

"Oh yeah. Woops."

"Ah, you forgetful little.."

"Whatever."

They went silent, thinking of how the best ways of handling this situation. "Should I tell the authorities about this? It seems like the only right thing to do." Kris said.

"But Yi Fan-ge, he's still your father.. What are you going to do without him? He's the only family you got." he paused, "Well, apart from me, that is."

Kris sighed, "Oh come on, name one thing he did that was father-like for me. It's not like we were that close anyways."

"Did he say that he wasn't the only one doing it?" Lay observed, "Then does that mean people are actually making this a trend?"

The other boy fell silent, not having thought of this before. A sense of guilt and disgust was creeping up from his stomach all the way to his throat. Who knew that his faith in humanity could be gone in an instant? Well it actually did. "I guess most of the powerful figures were already accustomed to this infamous tradition."

"They actually use their influence to kill off people like they're nothing? That's just sick man," Lay shook his head, feeling appalled.

Kris gritted his teeth and set his jaw. This has got to stop. Nothing of this could be justified and he knew it. Since nobody else knew about it, he was determined that he, Wu Yi Fan, was the one able to put an end to this insanity.

"I'm going to break the news." he said sternly.

Lay raised a brow at his statement, "To whom?"

"To everyone."

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Author's note: I havent updated in a really long while and I am sorry! I just had my maths exams yesterday and now I am internally dead. Hahaha anyways, I hope it wasn't so bad for an update. Wait, can I just point out something quickly?

Lay ;p

hahahaha I loved the bit about his name *flies away*