Solutions

25 Years

"Taemin-ah! urghhh.. you, YOU!" Myungsoo yelled in frustration. He turned towards Taemin and tried choking him. Taemin yelled for help. Minho, Jonghyun and Trainer Ok seperated the two boys and restrained Myungsoo. Everybody looked glum.

Even if Taemin was there, he wouldnt remember what happened because he was sleeping. "I- I dont know what to say, guys.. I'm sorry."

Taeyeon placed her hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. It's not like you can control how you sleep." Taemin looked worriedly at Myungsoo. "Hyung, I'm sorry." 

Myungsoo looked at Taemin and apologized for what he did. "I was too worked up in finding the criminal, I'm sorry too." 

Nana stood up from her chair, unimpressed. "Well this is very touching and all but you forgot one thing," she scanned the disheartened crowd. "We still need to find out who that guy is. And what is his motive." she said, pointing to the man in the monitor screen.

"But how do we begin? We know nothing," Minho said in distress. She crossed her arms and bit her lips, thinking hard for a solution. Nana was always the best at finding solutions.

After a while, she looked up with a thoughtful expression. "Well, we know one thing." Jonghyun asked. "What? What do we know?"

Once again, she pointed at the laptop screen. "We know for sure that he's not a professional killer, not a paid one definitely. He's too much of a coward and a clumsy oaf." 

"He misplaced the knife that Victoria was holding, he did not get rid of the CCTV tape which is clearly evidence and last but not least, he gets panicky and stopped concentrating on his job. Trust me, he aint paid to do this." she concluded.

Minho examined the man in the screen. "From what i see, this guy might be 180 cm tall and he's under 70kg. If my estimation is correct, he could be of our age, you know." "Wait, how do you know he's our age?" Jonghyun asked.

"Well, he's strong enough to carry Vic noona from wherever they came from. I tried that once, not an easy task." Minho replied. "Either he's young or he's really fit."

Taeyeon pinched Minho's arm and he complained immediately. "Ow- What was that for?" she glared at him and said, "Did you say that eonni was fat? Cause if you did, I did that in her defense." 

Minho rolled his eyes and smiled. "She's lucky to have a friend like you. You know that?" in response, Taeyeon smiled back.

Nana suddenly raised her hand in reflex, she does that everytime she had an idea. "What about Victoria's cellphone? Where is it?"

The others nodded in approval. Vic's call logs in her phone would probably help them find the culprit. "It's in her family's hands. I hope they didnt throw it out yet." Jonghyun said.

"Fine, Jonghyun and Taeyeon would go to her house and ask her family to get her phone. The rest will stay and try to look for more criterias about the culprit. Taemin, you stay too and try to remember something, anything." Nana commanded.

Jonghyun protested. "Why should I go with her and not Minho?" Taeyeon frowned at him in return. "Hey, it's not a pleasure for me too you know."

Nana flung her hands in the air out of frustration. "Because I'll need Minho to find out more criterias of the culprit. He's good at that stuff." She looked at Jonghyun. "Please stop being gay for one second, okay? Jesus Christ."

He shouted back, "Yah! I am not gay! It's just that Minho is.." Taeyeon blocked his mouth with her hand before he could continue. "Let's just get this over with Jjong-ah."

After deciding who gets to drive, the two went out to go to Vic's house.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's start." Nana said.

-----------------------------------------------

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at Jonghyun who was parking the car infront of Vic's house. He failed to fit the car on the space next to a trash bin 3 times already. And they said only men can drive, what bullcrap.

She opened the door before he could park the car and walked off to the house out of impatience. She could hear him shouting after her, telling her to wait but he just so much at driving, that she could take it no longer. 3 minutes later, Jonghyun finally parked the car, although it was a bit crooked.

"How could you just leave me like that?!" he shouted at her. She simply cocked her head to the side and sighed. "It's not my fault you at driving."

He glared at her as she pressed the doorbell of the house.

A few seconds later, the door was opened by a lady. It was Victoria's mom. She seemed shocked to have the young company ringing at her doorbell but she just smiled. "Hello, Taeyeon-ah, Jonghyun-ah, can I help you? Vic is.." she stopped and covered her face with her right hand. Taeyeon knew that usually, when they come over to Vic eonni's house, her mom would usually say that Vic is in her room. It was out of habit.

Jonghyun took the woman's hand from her face and folded it with two of his own. "It's okay eomonni. I miss her too," She looked at him with a tear dropping down her cheek and took a deep breath. "I used to think that you and our Song Qian would be together someday, but I was wrong. I am so sorry Jonghyun."

Taeyeon saw Jonghyun's eyes watering as he tightened his jaw and smiled. "She was a big part of my life, and she'll always be."

Vic's mother wiped Jonghyun's tears, then her own, and smiled back. She ushered them into the living room and served them jasmine tea, which matched the room's interior. It was decorated in a chinese accent but it was also modern, considering that Vic's family was originally chinese until they moved to korea when she was 2.

After sitting down on the couch across them, Victoria's mom finally asked them what they were there for. They thought it was better to tell her about the possibility of the murder when they have enough evidence, or she might think they are trying to fool her. "We're here to borrow Victoria eonni's phone, we wanted to save pictures of her and make a memorial in the training center with it." Taeyeon said.

"Oh, why ofcourse. I must thankyou, she would've loved it." she went away for a while and appeared back with Victoria's cellphone in her hands. She handed the phone to them and smiled warmly. "Victoria was lucky to have such nice, caring friends."

As they left the house, Taeyeon and Jonghyun felt disgustingly guilty for lying to such a nice lady like her. But after a while, Taeyeon said that she was going to make a memorial for Victoria, she thought it was horrible to lie about such a thing and to actually do something for her Vic eonni. Jonghyun gave her a warm smile and hugged her. "Thankyou." he said.

They walked to the car and as they approached it, Taeyeon took the car-keys from his hands. "Forget it, I'm driving this time."

------------------------------------

Nana looked around her and gave a look of dissatisfaction. They have been searching for clues for hours now and they still haven't found any useful evidence. "Come on people! Is that the best you can do?"

They all looked tiredly at her. "Noona, we've been looking at the same recording over and over again. I'm tired, and extremely bored." Taemin whined. He was spinning around lazily on a chair while eating a bag of chips, that were sometimes stolen by Minho.

Bora still looked sharply into the screen, not moving her eyes off of it. She had been so determined to find something, anything. While she was so focused, Myungsoo was already sleeping at the back of the room, tired from all the searching he did.

Just then, Bora shouted. "PAUSE! Nana eonni! Look over here!" she pointed towards the still screen. "What about it?" Nana asked, "I dont see anything."

She took a quick screen shot and opened the image, enlarging the photo. It was when the guy was looking out of Vic's room, suspicious of Taemin's noise. Nana saw nothing new and nudged Bora in complaint. She shrugged in response and zoomed-in the picture.

On the culprit's wrist, was a very thin dark-green bracelet that was assumingly made out of yarn. Nana hugged Bora out of joy and yelled out in success. "Yes!! finally! We found something! Everyone, keep your eyes out for dark-green arm bands, or bracelets, or whatever they are! The one who's wearing them might be our guy!"

The door of the room opened, and two figures walked in. "Looks like you guys have some good news," Jonghyun smiled cheekily. Taeyeon raised her hand showing them Vic's phone. Everybody cheered.

"I can't believe it, we're finally on to something guys," Minho said.

--------------------------------------