New Faces

25 Years

It was early in the morning when the trainers asked them to gather round at Section 8A's assembly room. Taeyeon could see that everybody was clearly tired from Vic eonni's funeral yesterday. Myungsoo had bags under his eyes (well, worse than usual), Nana already yawned 5 times and Minho also looked sleepy, as if he could just fall to sleep at any moment.

She couldnt say she was feeling or looking any different. Her head still ached and she felt drained from all the things that are happening so quickly. All she needed now was some time for peace and silence but when the trainers call for assembly, something is up. Oh what the heck, something's always up these days.

Trainer Lee Hyori called attention and the members of the section stood like statues, paying every attention to her. She nudged Trainer Ok Taecyeon to speak up and moved behind him. He took two steps towards the silent crowd and started his speech. "I know that a lot has been happening around here.." Yeah, you dont say. Taeyeon thought to herself.

"We have mourned the loss of one of our section members, a family member to be exact. We are one family, remember that. And because we lost one, the Institute Board decided to add another member to restore our numbers." Minho opened his mouth in protest. "They are going to replace her you mean?"

Trainer Ok Taecyeon looked unbaffled. "Not replace her, no. She will never be replaced but the rules of the KATB says that a section has to have atleast 8 members to be approved. And to burst your bubble, we have 7. So either we accept a member or accept the fact that this section will cease to exist." Everybody grew silent and he continued, "I see we all have come to an agreement. Good. Come in please," he called to the door.

Everybody looked at the door as it opened to reveal a boy on the other side of it. He was tall and the blonde hair on his head stood out from the crowd of brunettes and dark hairs. He looked cold and his gaze was confident even though most people would be nervous on their first day in KATB. He had really fair skin and his eyes, a dark set of brown. Taeyeon could sense Bora giving a small gasp in shock because of the new cute boy joining their section.

He walked right into the center of the room and Trainer Ok put a hand on his shoulder, welcomed him and then told him to introduce himself. He nodded and started to talk. "Hello, my name is Wu Yi Fan, I am from the Chinese Assasination Training Board and you can call me Kris." He looked around the room, his eyes glinting in mischief. "Any questions?"

Jonghyun replied from the crowd, "Why did you move to Korea? And how could you speak korean fluently?" Kris caught Jonghyun's look and spoke out loud, "My father wants me to come here to form a bussiness transaction with a big korean company. He wants to break in the korean markets. I'll start working in the company here after I graduate."

They were all wide-eyed, stunned at the fact that this guy was so confident of graduating. Like he was so sure he wouldnt be dead before he did so. "As for the second question, my father made me study the language before i came here ofcourse." He shifted his attention to Trainer Ok now. "Which dorm would i be staying in? I heard the last member was a girl. Who was her old roomate?" 

Trainer Ok pointed towards Taeyeon and she froze on spot. Kris walked towards her casually and held out a hand, "Nice to see you, roomy." Minho glared at him and snapped. "She's a girl. You're sharing your room with someone else." The blonde haired boy laughed and replied, "But is there any other room though?" He looked at Minho tightening his jaw, frustration clear on his face. "I guess not."

As Kris turned away, a hand grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "Forget it. You're not sharing a room with her." Kris laughed and retorted. "So? Are you willing to replace me? Fine, consider this as a favour. I'm switching rooms with you. Deal?"

Minho looked pleadingly at his two Trainers, both also in shock. They havent thought about this before. each section was given four rooms, two students each. And they cant ask for more rooms because there are simply too many sections in the school that needed them just as much. They dont know what to do about this situation. 

Finally, they agreed on Minho sharing a room with Taeyeon under the following conditions: 1.) The dorm door should never be locked 2.) Minho would use his old  bathroom in his old dorm to take showers 3.) No . 

Minho and Taeyeon both blushed as the rules were made. It was embarassing to talk about it like that. They've never treated eachother more than bestfriends, even though they like eachother. Kris looked at both of them and winked. "Hey love-birds! You owe me one." After that, the two trainers dispersed the assembly and left the kids.

The other members of the team introduced themselves to him and discovered that he was a pretty decent guy. Jonghyun liked his new roomate instantly because they both love the same manga comics. "Yah Minho-yah! It's okay, leave me with him! He's better than you anyways!" Jonghyun shouted teasingly, which Minho ignored.

The awkward pair looked at eachother and Minho held out his hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you roomy." Taeyeon laughed and gave him Victoria's keys of the dorm. "Minho-yah, just make sure you dont snore later at night."

He smiled at her and they both headed back to their dorm.

------------------------------------------

Minho was standing in the girl's dorm room, in this case, his room. Taeyeon was busy moving his things into the room while he just stood there, still trying to figure out how this situation became what it is. She looked at him and clicked her tounge in a disagreeing tone, "A little help would be great."

"Oh yeah, sure. I'm sorry." He went around to help her bring a box filled with his books and photos. One of them fell on the floor and Taeyeon picked it up, "Is this?.." It was a picture of him and Victoria covered in chocolate and cake batter, laughing histerically. "It was on her 13th birthday. I wanted to bake a cake together with her. Her mom was the one who took the picture." Minho explained.

Taeyeon looked sadly at the picture. "Atleast she left you with good memories." she said, giving him back the picture. "You're wrong." Minho said quietly. 

"What?" Minho continued, "I said you were wrong. Noona never left me, she never would. She was taken away from me."

Taeyeon was speechless. She was never very good at comforting people. Instead, she took Minho's photos and spread them accross the floor. "Still, those look like they were good memories to me." She pointed at the photos. One had Minho and Victoria crouching next to a sandcastle at the age of 10, the second had them looking at some giraffes and Minho's front teeth were missing, it was probably when they were 7. Another was them practicing their driving in Victoria's new car not too long ago.

Suddenly she spotted something under the other photos. It was a photo of a girl reading seriously in  a park, it was sometime in the cherry blossom season because her surroundings were filled with falling, pink petals. She was holding the book in both hands, her face looked serious and her hair was put up in a messy-bun. "Is that.. Is that me?"

Minho looked at her in terror and his hands hurriedly snatched the photo away from her. "I- I'm sorry." he said, correcting his manner. "Yes, that is you."

None of them spoke for a minute and then she said, "When did you take that? I didn't even remember reading there." He looked at her uneasily and shrugged. "Well, it is a nice picture. You're pretty good at photography." she said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Thankyou. And I'm sorry if I creeped you out or anything, I just thought the scene was beautiful." She smiled at him and asked, "It's okay, you didn't. What actually happened?"

But right before he could reply, a knock on the door was heard. It opened and they could see Taemin behind it. "Hyung, noona, you're called to Myungsoo hyung's room."

They looked at eachother questioningly, then at him. "Why? What's the matter Taemin-ah?" Taeyeon asked.

Taemin looked at them impatiently and said, "It's about Vic noona's death, I mean, murder."

-----------------------------------

Nana waited patiently as the people from their section came in Myungsoo's room, one by one. She decided she was going to tell them about the truth behind Victoria's death. It was about time they knew.

As the last people arrived, that would be Minho and Taeyeon, she immediately stood up and called for attention. "I see that we're all here. Fine, let's begin." 

Slowly, she walked around the room as she told them about the murder and how she figured it out, the section member's faces started growing paler and paler after realizing what this was all about.

The first one to speak from the crowd was Bora, her lips quivered a little as she spoke. "Why would anyone kill her? She never did any harm to any one, I cannot imagine anybody would think of- of murdering h-her.." she bent down and cried. Taemin was patting her back, comforting her even though he was also in tears. 

Nana looked at her friend in sympathy. "I dont know, but we'll try our best to figure it out. The only clue we got is that the person was in a hurry. Maybe that was because somebody was passing in the hallway or even somebody entering the room." 

She looked around only to find the crowd staring back at her, waiting for her to continue. So she did. "If we find out who was the person that passed by, there's a slight chance that we might find out."

"We should check the CCTV, to see who walked through those halls last night." Jonghyun suggested. "Then we'll be able to ask them a few questions."

As they discussed the plan further, they decided to tell their trainers, and no more people, because if too many people know about this, there is a big possibility that the killer would find out and get rid of any evidences left. So Minho and Myungsoo went to inform the trainers and ask them to help them take a look at the CCTV while the others wait and discuss further.

After a while, they came back with both trainers trailing behind them. The two trainers looked utterly perplexed and horrified. They said that they will get the CCTV tape and left the kids.

They came back with the tape, saying that they acquired it from buying the security guard a samgyeopsal and soju meal later on. "I hope this is not a murder. I'm afraid that this is a serious matter, too serious for us to handle." Trainer Lee Hyori said.

Minho absently took the tape from her and played it. 10 pairs of eyes watched the monitor screen timidly as they watched the day go by. It went like this:

07.45 AM : Vic going out of her dorm to the training.

07.53 AM : Taeyeon went to Minho's dorm to wake him up.

10.00 AM : Taeyeon, Nana and Bora went inside the dorm after training.

10.08 AM : Vic went back from training, looking tired and worried.

10.15 AM : Bora and Nana headed out of Victoria's dorm and back to their own.

10.20 AM : Taeyeon left the room to go to Minho's.

13.35 PM : Victoria got out of her room wearing her pajamas and slippers. Trainer Lee Hyori confirmed that she went to the trainer's lounge to meet her.

14.03 PM : Taeyeon came running back to their dorm, panting hard as a result. Then she went in.

15.12 PM : Nana visited Taeyeon's dorm to borrow some toothpaste, hers was finished.

15.30 PM : Victoria came back from the trainer's lounge, and after a change of clothes, she went out again. Taemin guessed from the money she brought that she was going to buy chicken and soju for later.

16.00 PM : A cleaning service lady was mopping the floor in the halls.

17.45 PM : A group of kids (identified as section 7B) walked pass the hallways.

18.53 PM : Trainer Ok walked pass the hall with Minho and Jonghyun to go out and play basketball with some of the other trainers.

19.28 PM : Jonghyun, Minho and Trainer Ok Taecyeon came back through the hall after the game.

20.01 PM : Bora passed by, she said she was going to the cafeteria to get some food for she was hungry.

20.16 PM : She came back through the halls, holding 3 muffins in her hands.

22.07 PM : Jonghyun rushed out of his dorm. He said he went to Myungsoo's dorm to retrieve the drunk Victoria.

22.19 PM : He came back with her in his arms. They both went into her dorm.

22.24 PM : Jonghyun came out of the dorm, going back to his own.

23.34 PM : Victoria goes out of her dorm, phone held in one hand, right next to her ears. She looked panicked.

00.00 AM : A guy dressed in all black carried her back to her dorm, she was asleep (or appeared to be) in his arms.

00.20 AM : Taemin walked past the hall, he was sleep walking.

00.22 AM : They guy went out of the dorm. Every inch of him was covered in black clothing.

01.30 AM : Taemin sleepwalked by, returning to his room.

07.57 AM : Minho ran towards Taeyeon and Vic's dorm after hearing Taeyeon scream.

And we know what happens from then on. 

Author's note: I spent a long time organizing the time scheduel for the actions they did. It was fun but I had to review the other chapters to make it according to the story, hahhaha. Hope you enjoyed, and I hope it's not that confusing :)