Threats

25 Years

The Wu's mansion was extremely gigantic. Minho could see some bodyguards in front of the gate... and practically every inch of the mansion.

"Father's been expecting me, I see." Kris smirked, "Alright people. I'll ring the doorbell first."

Minho rolled his eyes at the other boy and shuffled uneasily to and fro. He spotted Taeyeon from the corner of his eye and argued internally whether he should talk to her first before going in. They didn't know what could happen after all.

"Taeyeon-ah," he called.

The mentioned girl twisted her head to look at him and her eyes widened. It’s been a while since they conversed and to be honest, she wasn't expecting this situation at all. "Yeah?"

"Uhh- just be careful out there," he reminded her, "Don't get yourself hurt."

Taeyeon nodded, a bit disappointed by his words. Without saying anything more, she left him to stand next to Donghae.

From afar, she observed Minho as Yuri busied herself around him, adjusting his shirt and checking his weapons for him. She in her cheeks and looked away.

Kris pressed a button beside the gates as he talked in Mandarin. “Tell my father I’m here to talk.”

The man on the other side seemed to be prepared since he answered calmly. A few minutes later, the barrier between them and the house were removed.

A tall, dangerous looking boy greeted them when they entered. Taeyeon guessed he needed sleep, for his eye bags were the first thing she noticed about him.

The boy smirked at Kris. It seemed like the two were already familiar with each other.

“Hello Tao.” Yifan said in Korean.

Tao held up a hand and waved his fingers. “Annyeonghaseyo, Gege. Uncle’s been waiting for you.”

The blonde man nodded, “So I have seen.” He casted a quick look over at Tao and said, “So what are you doing here? Are you working for my father or something?”

“Yeah. I’ve been helping him around with some things.”

He glanced at the group in front of him and scoffed. “And who are these?”

“Some friends of mine.” Kris replied, “You didn’t expect me to come alone now, do you? It surely wouldn’t be that easy.”

“You shouldn’t have done that, ge. Uncle’s been raging ever since you two clashed. It’s a bad idea to confront him now.” He switched to Mandarin so the Korean people wouldn’t understand. “You’re the only heir. Is it so hard to just listen to him for once?”

I’ve listened to him all my life. And I think that’s enough, Huang Zitao,” his jaw clenched. “Did he tell you to say that?”

Tao flashed him a cold expression. “I was just warning you. You are my cousin after all. I wouldn’t be too glad if you died.”

Oh cut the crap.” Kris spat, “If I were gone, you’d take my place as heir. You’d like that, wouldn’t you?”

Taeyeon shuddered at Tao’s predatorial stare. He gave them all a disgusted look before he pulled up his hands from his pockets. Two of his fingers shot up- summoning a bunch of body guards to flock around them.

Yuri pulled out her gun and aimed at some of the guards in front of her. The others also pulled out their weapons. Taeyeon couldn’t bring herself to do anything for she thought this was a nightmare.

Her gaze was fixated upon Tao’s hovering arm.

And on his wrist, clung a thin, dark-green bracelet.

They have found Victoria’s murderer.

 

----------------------------------

 

20 minutes have passed, but Nana still couldn’t find herself falling asleep.

The flight was supposed to be taking 2 hours and 30 minutes- but it felt like centuries to her. Nana had been fidgeting around in her seat and continuously bit her nails.

Would the others be fine without them?

Who knows what could’ve been happening with Kris’ father around.

“Stop it.” A stern voice told her.

She turned her head to the side. Myungsoo was aloofly sitting back on his chair with closed eyes. “I’m sorry.” She managed to say.

“Can’t sleep?” He asked her.

Nana shook her head and Myungsoo opened one eye to look at her.

“I mean- how can I?” she cried, “They could be in deep right now, and we wouldn’t know because we’re thousands of feet up in the sky!”

“Don’t you trust them?”

She sighed. “That’s not the problem here. I’ve just never trusted life.”

He pulled her sleeve towards him and curled his arm around the back of her neck. “You need to calm down. Minho and Kris have got it covered.”

She leaned back and shut her eyes in an attempt of clearing her mind.

“Let’s just hope we get there soon enough.”

Myungsoo smiled reassuringly at her.

Earlier, he had a bad feeling about this whole plan. But if he was to confront Nana about this, she’d just panic more.

So he stayed silent.

And then he prayed.

 

----------------------------------------

 

A couple of bodies slid past her figure, bumping her shoulders hard midway.

Taeyeon turned around and slashed her attacker’s arms with her knife, then proceeded with knocking the guy out using the hilt. She hit him right in the skull.

She ducked behind a pillar right before a bullet flew by. She stayed in position as she heard gunshots being fired across the place. Suddenly, with one sharp bang, the bullets stopped attacking.

She tilted her around to find Yuri shooting her pistol. She ran around from one spot to another and ducked whenever she saw a bullet aiming at her. The agent had probably shot the guy who was targeting Taeyeon.

Minho and Kris were both at Tao. The Chinese boy had somehow produced a wushu stick. It had something similar to an axe at one end of it.

Tao twisted and turned his body to dodge his opponents as he skillfully moved the metal weapon around his hands. In result- Both of the boys he was against even had a hard time getting near him without getting cut.

The two trainers were fending off the rest of the men. One of them kicked Lee Hyori in the stomach, sending her into a hard hit against the wall. Taeyeon dashed to her aid and shielded her against the man.

She began countering him with a number of attacks, but he eluded each one. The latter dove behind her and grabbed both of her arms, twisting them behind her back. She violently protested until he hit her temples with his fist.

Her eyes drooped down, but they didn’t shut. She winced in pain as her opponent gutted her in the abdomen to shut her up.

Another guy got Trainer Lee holding her by the neck. Blood trickled down the side of her head as she gathered the last of her strength to retaliate.

Taeyeon witnessed Trainer Ok and the agents being outnumbered by a never- ending horde of guards. Most of them were already injured.

Yuri wasn’t running around anymore. She was shuffling.

Somebody had shot down her right thigh and shoulder. A group of men were catching up to her as she tried to get away.

Tao cornered Kris and a guard had gotten his hold around a broken Minho. He looked horrid, but at least he was still breathing.

In the middle of the ruckus, a phone rang.

Tao picked it up and tossed it over to Kris.

“Hello?”

“Give in, Yifan. Obey what Zitao says and let the guards handle your friends. I only need to talk to you.”

He sighed, “I’m not doing that.”

“You wouldn’t want to know what I would do if you disobey me.”

“I wouldn’t care less- to be exact.”

A laugh was heard from the line, “Oh, I see.”

“Say… How is Yixing doing? Heard he’s flying back to Beijing.”

Kris frowned, “We have no reason to discuss about him.”

His father ignored him and continued, “And he’s currently with some of your people right? Those clueless teenagers.”

Stunned, Yifan didn’t say a word.

“What if I told you- that some of my men are on that flight too? Would it be another coincidence?”

“Oh please. What could they do if they are on that plane?” Kris retorted nervously.

“They are the pilots.” His voice sounded smug, “It only needs one message- Yifan…”

 

 

“…One message to send them all crashing down to hell.”

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Author’s Note: I. LOVE. THIS. CHAPTER.

It was so fun to write this, seriously. Hahaha.          

Happy Valentines Day to all ~♡