Oddness

25 Years

The mint-green bed was still messy, covered with mis-matched socks that she used to wear to sleep. Her books were sprawled on top of her study desks and yesterday's morning coffee still stood by the window sill. It was as if she was not gone. He looked through her stuff and laughed silently when he found some of her doodles in the caulculus textbook. She had always hated math, but was surprisingly good at it, excellent actually.

He shut the book when he heard somebody stepping into the room. It was Nana, her eyes smudged with dried-up tears. She looked at him sorrowfully and gave him a hug.

The hug felt more comforting than any words anyone could say. It felt warm and safe; a temporary escape from everything. He felt tears coming out of his tear-ducts and tried to blink it away. He had cried enough that day.

"Myungsoo, you have to stay strong for her, for Vic eonni. She'll hate to see you cry," Nana whispered close into his ears. He released himself from the hug and burried his face into both of his hands. "If she hates seeing me cry, why would- how could she just leave me like that? It's unfair."

Her voice turned serious, the voice she used whenever she defended him from bullies at school, "Don't you think she did it for a reason? Sure she might seem and sound happy, but the truth is, we could never know what is going inside somebody else's head. And besides, didn't you notice how she had been acting lately?"

Myunsoo stiffled a laugh. "Slow down, you're confusing me." he went and sat on what used to be Victoria's bed. "Although, I agree that she had been acting differently, but that's not the only thing that is odd about this incident."

She went and sat beside him, "You think there's something unusual about this?" Myungsoo took one of Vic's cute throw-pillows and hugged it, which made him look like a child. "From what I know, Victoria was never the type to commit suicide. If something was bugging her, she would fight back. She was always the type of people who would never give up."

He paused for a short while and continued, "She'd never throw her life away because of a bunch of nightmares. I just never expected her to do that."

Victoria was an A-star student, she could speak both Chinese and Korean, she had just been offered a job at a big company last month and was always cheerful and happy. Her life was going perfectly, so why would she throw all of that away? Myungsoo thought that the idea of his bestfriend commiting suicide was incredulous.

"So- you didn't think she committed suicide?" Nana asked. "I'm not so sure, but until I get to the bottom of this and get some real answers, I'm not going to back down and accept the fact that she chose to die." He replied.

She looked at him admiringly and suggested, "Then why don't we take a look at her one more time before the burial tommorrow? Maybe we'll find something that could give us the answers." Myungsoo smiled and nodded.

---------------------------------------------

His pace fastens as he saw the dark shadow from behind the fountain. He should have thought of this place first before searching the whole institute for him, it could have saved him from a whole lot of perspiration and energy-loss.

"Minho-yah, what do you want?" the figure exclaimed without even looking at him.

"How- how did you know I was here?" he asked, amazed.

Jonghyun turned around to look at him and pointed his finger "You're sweating. I could smell grapefruit reeking out everywhere." then, he pulled out some tissues from his pocket and handed it to him, "Be careful with your aura. You never know.."

"That was what Vic noona would have said." Minho said, reffering to Victoria who was always being cautious of her aura being revealed. Jonghyun just shrugged and turned away. He knew that his friend was trying to hide his tears so he sat behind Jonghyun, back-to-back.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Jonghyun laughed. "Isn't it unfair? You always called her noona but you never call me hyung." He smirked a little and replied, "That's because you act more immature than me. Plus, you're my close friend, why the formalities?"

"Yah!" He yelled and reached his arm to smack Minho's head. "She was your bestfriend too, you know." He just rubbed his head in return and whined something that sounded like 'That was different'.

They stayed silent after that, each thinking of Victoria, and how she would have joked about Jonghyun being a baby in a teenage body.

"Hyung, I'm sorry for your loss. I know you really did love her." he said as Jonghyun sat there, stupefied because he had never called him 'hyung' before. "I could never imagine how it feels like to lose somebody that you love-"

"Somebody as in: Taeyeon?" He cut his sentence, smiling mischeviously. "Oh come on, we all know that you two like eachother. Why not just own up? Better do it before it's too late."

Minho said in defiance, "It's not that easy you know- Anyways, I think we need to cheer you up, since you have been acting like a lost sheep all day." He got up from his spot and offered his hand to his friend. "Come on, let's go."

"Where? Are we allowed to go outside of the institute?" Jonghyun wondered. Minho just raised his hands and gave him a gesture to follow him.

They walked into the KATB building and went up a few floors by the lift. He followed Minho down a hallway and raised his eyebrows questioningly as he walked into their dorm. He saw his roommate reach into the refrigerator to pull out some silver coloured cans.

He handed him the can of beer and opened his own. Jonghyun followed by opening his can, which was followed by some bubbly liquid spilling out. Minho raised his beer and said, "To Victoria."

"To Victoria." he repeated, and they both drank the whole can in one shot.

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: This chapter is kind of short but ofcourse i couldn't go on and on about everybody mourning Victoria's death. Though it is pretty cute how Minho and Jonghyun's friendship is shown in here. Sorry~