Condolences

25 Years

Minho was brushing his teeth while humming a tune. He stopped humming and gargled with a mint-tasting liquid which made him screw-up his face. He had always hated the spicy aftertaste of it.

The morning was quiet, as usual. He could hear Jonghyun flipping the pages of his manga book, the birds chirping outside the window and.. and what was that he heard? Minho looked around curiously, searching for the source of that faint sound until he realised it was not coming from his bathroom. He went out to examine the noise and found Jonghyun already sitting up, also aware of the sound.

He quickly ran out of his dorm-room. He was sure it was Taeyeon's voice, he would recognise it no matter how far, but why was she screaming? She was not the type to scream; especially on peaceful mornings like this. Something was wrong.

As he opened the door to Taeyeon's room, he looked around and saw nobody inside. The bathroom door was slightly opened and he saw a shadow hunched beside it. It was Taeyeon.

The petite girl was sitting on the floor which was covered with maroon-red blood, her entire body was shaking and some parts of her clothes were splattered with it. "Taeyeon-ah! Are you okay?" he half-shouted as he ran to her side, gripping her shoulders to move her around and look for any signs of injuries. "Are you hurt? What happened?"

Taeyeon moved her eyes, now glassy with tears, to his. She then sobbed and laid herself onto his chest. He embraced her in return, still confused of what was happening and saw Victoria's body corpse under the shower. She was holding a knife in one hand and her wrist had an ugly, deep cut into it with all the blood spilling out like it was a scene from a horror movie.

Losing all this blood, is she still alive? Minho felt tears stinging his eyes. Probably not, he thought and let the tears flow out as he turned his pain-streaked face away from his dead best friend's body.

"Minho-yah! Why did you run out? And did you not know it's not right to just barge into a girl's room?" Jonghyun called, walking into the room. He saw Minho and Taeyeon hugging eachother on the bathroom floor, each covered in blood and tears. "Yah- what's the meaning of this..."

His voice trailed of as he saw Minho gesturing towards the shower and strained his neck to look. What his eyes saw was most unbelievable and heartbreaking. He absently pushed the two people aside and staggered towards the shower, his feet completely soaked by the puddle of blood.

"Vic-ah! What are you doing here?" He wailed out loud, "Training's going to start, stop sleeping! Wake up!". Taeyeon saw him kneeling down next to Victoria, or what used to be her, and touched her cheeks. "Wake up. Wake up! Please-"

Jonghyun took her lifeless body in his arms, closed her dead-looking eyes and sobbed. "I love you.. don't leave, I love you, please." He felt a hand on his shoulders but didn't bother to look. His whole vision were covered with tears and his entire face was wet from tears.

"Hyung, Taeyeon and I are going to inform the trainers. We'll leave you alone so you can say your goodbyes." Minho said in his deep, quivering voice. He bent down to kiss Victoria's forehead and said, "Goodbye noona, now you don't need to worry anymore about stupid auras. right?" he wiped his tears and continued, "I love you, hope you find peace in heaven."

Taeyeon held Minho's arms and was crying silently, not able to say anything herself. She felt his arms shrug out of her grasp and moved its way around her shoulders, leading her out of the room.

After they had left, Jonghyun cried, worse than before and still holding onto Vic's body. He kept repeating the same words, this is a habit most people do when they cry. I love you seemed like the only words he could mutter. The only words that had a meaning for the moment.

He was glad that his friends left him alone because this was something he did not want anyone to see. A side of him that nobody knew of.

It wasn't Jonghyun who crouched over Victoria's body and crying, it was a man who lost a woman he loved.

--------------------------------

"How's her family taking the news?" Trainer Ok asked when he finished mopping the bathroom floor from the blood. He looked around at Hyori and saw that her face was ashen. She hadn't said anything after informing Victoria's parents about her death and was sitting mournfully, staring blankly at a photo of Vic smiling widely with a gold medal hanging from her neck. "She was such a cheerful and delightful kid. I dont know how all of this happened.."

Trainer Ok Taecyeon gave her a look of sympathy. "She was. And you're not answering my question."

Hyori looked up from the picture and robotically said "Her parents were, ofcourse, devastated and I heard they were preparing for her funeral which was set for tomorrow. We already sent Victoria's body to her family for the preparation."

"Okay then, I guess the entire section of 8A are attending the funeral tomorrow," he said. "Are you okay?"

Trainer Lee Hyori looked uncomfortable, "Just how hard it must have been for her, to do this sort of thing." her eyes teared-up again "She had been suffering from paranoia and had those terrible nightmares.. she was just 21 years old." Before she could say anything else, Taecyeon pulled her into a hug.

"What you're talking about is already in the past. You can do nothing about it but accept it." he said sternly. She pushed him away from her and gave him a look of menace. He never knew she could look like this.

"No, I don't want to accept this nuisance, unlike some people." she glanced at him and continued, "There has to be another way besides killing and being killed."

"Well we don't have any other options right now, do we?" he snapped and paced out of the room.

--------------------------------

Jonghyun sat on the fountain located by the school's garden. It was the place where Victoria spends most of her time drawing, reading or sometimes just looking out prettily to the far out scenery of the school's rolling greenery. He used to watch her do those exact same things from the window that's right on top of the fountain.

Sitting there, he could feel her presence. It  was as if she was still there and was sitting right next to him, silently reading a 500-page book. But he could never hear her laugh again, see her smile or let her nag him about reading better quality books than mangas. He had taken that for granted.

He felt a poke on his shoulder and looked up to see Taemin sitting beside him, not Victoria. "What is it, you punk?" he said, urging him to just get to the point. He wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Hyung, what happened last night?" the maknae said, reffering to the night when victoria was drunk and when he called Jonghyun to move her to her dorm. He couldn't carry her because he needed to clean up and take care of Myungsoo hyung so he wouldn't do anything stupid in his drunken state.

The other night, when Jonghyun was lounging aloofly on his messy bed, he got a phone call from Myungsoo's dorm-phone. Taemin said through the phone that Victoria was drunk and he needed help returning her back to her dorm. He immediately rushed over, not liking the idea of Vic being drunk accompanied by two grown men. Well, Taemin's still a kid but that didn't ease his worries.

"Where is she?" he asked as soon as he arrived to the dorm. The maknae pointed to the passed-out girl sleeping on a beanbag. "She had been like that after she collapsed." Jonghyun carried her in his arms and walked out of the room, he muttered a thankyou to Taemin on the way out.

When he returned Victoria- still smelling of alcohol, to her bed, he sat beside her for a while and tried to catch his breath. The dorms were pretty far away, which took most of his energy. He was about to stand up when the girl muttered something under her breath. "Sleep-talking again?" he chuckled slowly.

"I love you.." she unconsciously said. Jonghyun's cheeks turned red and his smile widened but then Victoria continued her sentence, "Myungsoo." and the colour of his cheeks faded away as fast as it appeared. He had always suspected this and was less hurt since he did. Slowly, he walked away and dissapeared around the door.

He told Taemin all of it, well except for the part where he likes her and he didn't look surprised. "Hyung, to be honest, I already know that she liked Myungsoo hyung."

"What? How did you know?" He asked in disbelief.

"Umm, she sort of kissed Myungsoo hyung and said that she loved him when she was drunk. And she kept on blabbering about nightmares but I didn't understand anything." he replied sheepishly.

"What? Nightmares? Tell me exactly what she said." and so, he told him what she said in details. "I really don't get what she meant." Taemin sighed as he finished.

Jonghyun's eyes became wider, everything was so clear to him now. "I do. I get why she killed herself."

-------------------------------------------

I know that Victoria is 27 years old, but in this story i need her to be under 25 hahaha :p. And since Minho called her noona, i've decided to make her only a few months older than him because in this story, everyone is either 20 or more.