Silence

25 Years

"Wake up! Wake up! You're late, again" Taeyeon screamed while pacing around the room, trying to find a bag to put in her home-made lunch.

"Didn't you hear me the first time? Get up!" she repeated.

Minho squirmed in his bed eyes still closed. "What time is it?" he murmured.

"It's 07.55." she replied. "Dont just sit there. Go take a bath."

With his eyes still half closed, he looked at her silhouette, frantically going about his dorm. She styled her hair down today, and she was wearing a blue tank-top, shorts and a baseball cap. "What's with the clothes?" he asked.

"Trainer Ok will be bringing us outside for training today." she said, grabbing his arm to drag him out of bed. "He won't be pleased if you're late."

"Trainer Lee won't be pleased also," he smirked. "You know she hates the outdoors and how the sun would make her skin tan."

"Oh shut up will you. Here," Taeyeon handed him a new, white towel she found in his closet. "Now go."

Minho got up from his bed, grabbed the towel and went towards the bathroom. He paused infront of the door and grinned at Taeyeon, "No peeking."

"Why on earth-" she muttered as he laughed and went in the bathroom.

-------------------------------------

Victoria was lounging near the small fountain by the vast, green gardens that rolled miles around the KATB. It is ironic how such a beautiful place is used to teach people how to kill eachother. she thought to herself.

After 5 minutes of sitting under the hot sun-rays, Vistoria's neck and back area started to be covered in beads of sweat.

The scent of caramel was hinted in the air so she decided to find a shade before she starts to be drenched in sweat.

Somehow, the smell makes her insecure. It wasn't that the caramel scent smelt bad, it was because the stench revealed the identity of her aura.

If her aura was revealed, it may be possible that her pair would find out about her and try to kill her. The smell was like a death-sentence to her.

A 'pair' is what you call the person that shares your aura, that means, the person that holds half your life span.

Everybody said that it had to be done, but to Victoria this idea of living survival was disgusting. Why would she want to kill a person that was innocent?

It was already enough pressure with the killing but it is more intense since you have to find your pair and kill them before the age of 25 or you will die.

Victoria gasped in surprise as a finger poked her in the ribs, it was Minho.

"Why so serious, noona?" he . "You've been spacing out alot lately. Is something wrong?"

Her eyes scanned over him. He is now really tall. It felt like it was yesterday when she towered over him in 5th grade. God, school felt like it was so long ago. she thought to herself. "Nothing, everything is fine."

"Really?" he tugged at his black hoodie and then looked at her in the eye. "I just felt like you had a lot in mind these days."

She reached out her arm and tousled his dark brown curls playfully. "I do, but it doesn't really matter."

He stared at her with his big eyes, a considerate expression on his face.

"I'm serious Minho-yah, everything's fine. By the way, why the hoodie? Isn't it hot?" she remarked, changing the subject.

"Not really, I'll take it off when we practice later."

"But-" she paused, "What if your aura gets out?"

He laughed grimly. "So what if it gets out? We'll all eventually die anyways."

--------------------------

The teenagers that belonged to Section 8A of Korea's Assassination Training Board are all standing in a semi circle facing the tall, stocky man in a white t-shirt and track pants. The initiates called him Trainer Ok Taecyeon.

His face was manly and angular but his teeth and ears made him resemble a bunny.

"Trainer Lee Hyori, what are you doing over there? Get yourself here right now!" he reffered to a chic-looking lady wearing a large hat and oversized sunglasses.

"Since when did you think that bossing me around was okay?" she complained.

"I think it is okay when you don't want to compromise with me" he said tiredly. "Let's not argue now-"

"Oh your aura stenches of -" she started as her hand covered and nose.

"Cayenne Pepper" he finished her sentence.

"Let's just get this over with before everyone smells like fruits and vegetables." she pointed to the  teenagers.

"Does brocolli even have a smell?" Jonghyun whispered to Victoria.

She held her laughter.

They spent the entire morning and afternoon excercising, running and practicing their combat skills outdoors until trainer Ok Taecyeon had enough of trainer Lee Hyori's complaining about how there is no '1000 spf sunscreen' and dispersed the group.

On the way to the dorms to shower and rest, Victoria walked by Myungsoo who was shuffling tiredly along the halls.

"Isn't it funny that your aura smells like fresh towels?" she said to him

"I get that a lot. It's a bit ironic isn't it?"

She giggled, "When you sweat, you smell like fresh towels. Pretty ironic."

"Atleast it's not a very obvious scent, so when people pass me, they'll think it was just the smell of my clothes."

"And when I pass people, they'll think i'm selling caramel candy"

They laughed and then stopped. Silence flooded the hallway, "If you meet her.. or him.. i mean your pair," Myungsoo said doubtfully "Will you be able to kill them?"

His face turned pale and his eyes moved nervously to meet hers, "I mean.. we do get training but will it actually prepare us when the time comes?" he asked.

Victoria stayed silent for a while and then smiled sadly at him.

"Myungsoo, nothing will ever prepare us for anybody's death." she said, walking away to her dorm room.

---------------------------------------

Taeyeon, Nana and Bora were talking in Taeyeon’s dorm -room.

The room had blue walls, a large closet and two beds; one pink and one a mint colour. In the center of the room was a white couch decorated with colourful yet stylish pillows.

There was a TV on the wall next to some photos hanging on a string.

The girls were all sitting on the couch, drying their hair after their showers. Bora was just impersonating how Trainer Lee was panicking about the sun when Victoria suddenly came in.

Victoria’s hair was a mess and she was sweating everywhere. But what worried Taeyeon the most was how her eyes looked.

She had never seen her eonni panicked. All this time, out of the four of them, Vic eonni was the one who would always remain calm. What happened? Taeyeon wondered.

“You okay eonni?” she asked.

Victoria walked absently past the girls and sat on her mint-green bed. “I feel sick.”

“Oh, do you have a fever? Or are you just tired?” Bora questioned.

She took her pajamas out of the closet and headed for the bathroom.

“I’m just going to shower and get some sleep afterwards. Maybe I’m just too tired.”

Before anybody could say anything, she closed the bathroom door behind her. Taeyeon just looked at the other girls and shrugged.

After 15 more minutes, Nana and Bora left Taeyeon’s dorm and Victoria was already in a deep slumber under her blanket.

After fumbling for a while with her phone, Taeyeon decided to go to Minho’s dorm since she had nothing to entertain herself with. When she walked inside, she found Jonghyun sitting on the window sill, reading a manga comic about ninjas and samurais.

“Hey, where’s Minho?” she called to Jonghyun.

He seemed surprised by her sudden presence and stepped off the window sill. “He’s still in the shower.” He took a seat on his blue, messy bed. “Why?”

Taeyeon sat on a chair near the desk, “Oh nothing, I just went here out of boredom”

“You missed him that much?” Jonghyun chuckled. She hissed at him, “Shut up idiot he’ll hear!”

He pointed at her cheeks, “See? I was right. You’re blushing.”

“Am not.” She covered her cheeks with her palms.

“Am too.” Jonghyun stuck out his tongue.

Taeyeon pointed her index finger towards him threateningly and said, "What if I let Victoria eonni know about your little crush on her?" Jonghyun's cheeks flared red. “Don’t you dare!” he caught her finger and removed it from his face.

She shrugged. “If you shut up about Minho, I’ll shut up about her too,” she offered.

“Fine,” he muttered under his breath. “By the way, where’s Vic?”

“She’s asleep, tired probably.”

“Really? Training must’ve been too tiring today.” He sounded sympathetic.

“Maybe, but I don’t know if she’s okay.”

“What do you mean? Is she all right?” He asked.

“Not sure, she said she was tired but when she came in, she looked panicked.”

“Who’s panicked?” asked Minho when he got out of the bathroom. His towel in one hand, beads of water clung onto his hair.

“Victoria. She said she’s not feeling well.” Jonghyun replied.

“She’s been spacing out a lot lately. But she wouldn’t tell me why. She said it wasn’t important.”

Taeyeon stared at her feet, not looking at Minho. “I think we need to talk to her.”

“Yeah, we do.” Minho looked over at her, “Are you okay too? Your face is red.”

“I’m fine.” She said as she gave a death glare to Jonghyun who was grinning mischievously at her.

“I don’t know Taeyeon-ah, you look like you have a fever.” he said. “Minho, check her temperature.”

Obeying him, he put his palm on her forehead, “You’re fine, but why is your face...”

“I don’t know, maybe sunburn?” she said as she walked to the door. I’ll get you Kim Jonghyun, she mouthed to him.

When she left, Jonghyun laughed out loud and Minho smiled knowingly.

------------------------------------

 

 

Author's note : I think that went pretty well for my first writing. hahaha I'm still new to this so I hope you'll enjoy. Please bear with me~ ^^ fighting!!