Chapter 5 || Cockroaches

White Fox

Author's note:

Annyeong, fellow SONEs! :D I'm here posting the 5th chapter. ^_^ OMO~! I hope you'll like my update. Thank you for reading and for the comments, upvotes, and subs! Ü


Chapter 5 – Cockroaches

 

Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

 

“AHH~! AHH~! AHH~! TAEYEON!!! HELP ME!!! AHH~!”

 

                I woke up from my slumber when I heard a loud scream coming from downstairs. I quickly jumped out from my bed and got out of my room. I remembered Jessica when I saw the door of her room open. I knew that she was the one who screamed. I ran fast down the stairs.

 

                “JESSICA?” I looked for her.

 

                “KIM TAEYEON!!!” I heard an about-to-cry voice. I realized that the voice was from the kitchen so I ran to it.

 

                “SICA!” I shouted.

 

                She pointed at the cockroaches while closing her eyes like she couldn’t even stare at them.

 

                I took off my slippers to kill those bugs. Then when I was done, I quickly ran to her, and she hugged me tightly.

 

                “Taeyeon… thank you!” *sobs*

 

                “Sica, don’t cry.”

 

                *sobs* “…”

 

                “No; it’s all right.”

 

                *sobs* “…”

 

                “You shouldn’t be scared with those pests,” I told her and got out from the hug. “You should know how to protect yourself,” I added. “How can I leave you alone here if you can’t even protect yourself from bugs? What if someone harmed you? What would just happen then?”

 

                “M-Mianhe,” she whispered. She finally stopped crying and lowered her head.

 

                “Arasso,” I responded. “Please be brave.” I tapped her back.

 

                She just nodded.

 

                “Wait, by the way, why did you go downstairs?”

 

                “Actually, I woke up because I was about to pee. When I was done, I went to the kitchen because I heard some weird noises. That was when I found out that those were bugs and started to scream.”

                “Arasso, but you know what, your scream woke me up.”

 

                “Ugh,” *shakes head* “I’m really sorry.” *does face-palm*

 

                I took a glance at the clock and found out that it was already 5 a.m.

 

                “Don’t mind it. You even helped me wake up at the right time. Keke.”

 

                “Jinjja?” She chuckled.

 

                “Ne,” I said and chuckled back. “Umm, I’m going to prepare our breakfast now,” I said, smiling.

 

                She just nodded and smiled back.

 

                I was walking to the ref to find some food to cook. I stopped and decided to ask her.

 

                “So, what do you want to eat?”

 

                “MEAT!” She exclaimed with her usual high-pitched tone and a big smile plastered on her face.

 

                “Hmm? Okay then!” It’s your choice, Ma’am! Aye-aye!” I responded, and we both chuckled.

               

                “Thank you, Taengoo-ya!” She thanked me and went back to the living room then sat on the couch.

 

                I walked to the ref once more and looked for meat. There were just four packs of meat left. I took one and closed it after.

 

                When it was already well done, I prepared two plates, two glasses, and two pairs of spoon and fork. I was finished preparing when I decided to call her.

 

                “Food is ready, Jessica!”

 

                Jessica stood up from the couch and went to the kitchen. I pulled a seat for her, like a real gentleman.

 

                “Take a sit,” I said with a smile on my face.

 

                She nodded and smiled.

 

                When she was already settled on her seat, I went to my own, and we started to eat.

 

                “So, how does it taste?” I asked in the middle of our meal.

 

                “Good, good,” she replied while chewing the steak.

 

                “Delicious?”

 

                “Yes,” she responded. “Keke,” she added.

 

                “I’m glad you liked it.”

 

                When we were finished eating, I got the dishes and put them on the sink. I was about to leave those when suddenly…

               

                “Wash them up.”

 

                “Eh?”

 

                “I said wash them up. If you don’t, many bugs will go there again,” she said while pointing at the dishes.

 

                “Ah, arasso, Madam! As long as I’m the maid here, and you’re the boss who owns this apartment,” I joked and with a sarcastic expression and tone of voice.

 

                “Yah!” She was about to punch my left arm.

 

                “No! No, Sica!” I continued to .

 

                She just raised her right eyebrow.

 

                I chuckled.

 

                “Eh?” She continued raising her eyebrow. “Pfft, never mind,” she added and rolled her eyes.

 

                I finally finished washing the dishes, and I tapped Sica’s back.

 

                “I’m sorry, Sica, but I need to prepare for school,” I told her and did a merong. I then walked to my room.

 

                “Hmmp!” She rolled her eyes and went back to the couch.

 

>> When I got finished preparing <<

 

                “Hey, Sica, I got to go,” I said, standing by the front door to leave.

 

                “Okay,” she responded without even looking at me.

 

                “Sica, you need to lock the door!” I shouted, but I wasn’t mad.

 

                “Oh, sorry,” she looked at me and stood up.

 

                When she was already at the door, I made my way to school.

 

                “Taeyeon!” I stopped when I heard her calling me.

 

                “Ne?” I turned my head to look at her.

 

                “S-Sorry…”

 

                “Hmm?”

 

                “Sorry for my rudeness a while ago.”

 

                “Yah, that’s fine!” I went near to her and ruffled her hair.

 

                “Thank you!” She grinned.

 

                “No prob.! Anyway, I got to go now or else I’d be late.”

 

                “Annyeong!” She waved her hand.

 

                “Annyeong!” I waved back and finally left.

 

>> At school <<

 

                “Taeyeon!”

 

                I heard a loud call from my back. I turned my head and saw Hyoyeon.

 

                “Hey, Hyo!”

 

                “So, how were you last night? Alone, I guess?”

 

                “Perfect,” I whispered but loud enough for her to hear.

 

                “Perfect? Walking on the rain? Is that perfect for you?”

 

                “Yah! How did you know?”

 

                “I felt bad when you left me alone yesterday,” she responded. “So I followed you quietly, but then I decided not to continue because you might be angrier at me. Were you really mad at me anyway?”

 

                “Aniyo! Why would I be?”

 

                “Arasso,” she said and nodded, looking like she was contented with my answer. She smiled.

 

                “Okay, so let’s go to our room. We might be late,” I said.

 

                Hours had passed and finally, the bell rang, indicating it was already our dismissal. I quickly packed my things up and went out of my classroom.

 

                When I was already at the gate, I saw Hyoyeon and called her.

 

                “Hyo!” I shouted, waving my hand.

 

                “Taeng!” She waved back and ran to me. “Hey, I’m going home with you now, okay?”

               

                “Umm…”

 

                “I wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer, dude.”

 

                “Okay, fine.”

 

>> While walking <<

 

                “Taeyeon…”

 

                “Ne?”

 

                “I noticed you yesterday.”

 

                “Huh?”

 

                “You looked like you couldn’t get over thinking about something.”

 

                “Hmm? No.”

 

                “Taeng, you dumb, stop hiding. Be honest with me. I know there’s something that you’re hiding.”

 

                “…”

 

                “I’m waiting for your answer…”

 

              *sighs* “Ne, I was thinking about something yesterday. No; not something. Actually, I was thinking abut someone.”

 

                “Wit-wew! Someone?”

 

                “Yes, someone.”

 

                “And who is this person?”

 

                “The girl… the girl who was dressed like a very conservative lady. To be honest, I met her again, and now…”

 

                “And now?”

 

                *sighs* “She’s living with me.”

 

                Hyo’s eyes widened.

 

                “Whoa, man! Too fast, too fast!”
 

                “Yah! Can you please stop and listen first?”

               

                “Okay, okay…”

 

                “I saw her yesterday, alone and crying. She said she was lost and didn’t have any place to stay at, so I offered her my home since I was living alone.”

 

                “Oh, so that was why,” she said and nodded her head.

 

                I nodded my head as well and continued.

 

                “To be honest, when I first saw her at the campus, I got curious about her, and now, I think…”

 

                “You think?”

 

                “I think I’m already in-love wit her.”

 

                “Omo! So you’re in-love with a girl?”

 

                I didn’t reply. I just blushed and nodded.

 

                “Hah, I knew it!”

 

To be continued…


Author's note:

Keke! Author's note again! (-: By the way, thank you very much for reading! :D So, how was it? Pleae don't forget to comment! ;) Thanks! Fighting, hwaiting, and God bless! Ü