Chapter 12 || Memories

White Fox

Author's Note:

Finally! Updated after almost weeks?! Keke! I'm indeed sorry, dear readers..! :'( Anyway, enjoy this, okay? Btw, thank you for all the subs, comments, upvotes, and all! TAENGk you very much~! Love lots!! Btw, comment, okay? It will make me happy though! Thank you! Love y'all <"3 ~


Taeyeon’s P.O.V.

                A little later, we decided to go home. We went inside my car and I started to drive.

                “Jessica,” I said.

                “Ne?” She asked.

                “Where to you want us to go?” I asked.

                “I thought we’re going home already?” She asked.

                “No. We’re already an official couple,” I said as I held her hand. “This day must be so much special. Let this day be our first date, too,” I said and tighten my hold on her hand.

                “Hmm…” she said as she tightened her hold on my hand, too.

                “Hmm…?” I asked.

                “I don’t know. Maybe you should be the one to decide. It seems that I still don’t know many things in this world,” she said.

                “Ah, I see. Arasseo,” I said.

                “Wait,” she said.

                “Hmm?” I asked.

                “What about the food court where we last time ate? Maybe that seems special because that was the first restaurant where we ate together though…”

                “Yeah, brilliant!” I exclaimed.

                “Jinja?” She said with a big smile plastered on her face.

                “Yes, yes, but…”

                “But…?” She asked.

                “But---“ I was cut on what I supposed to say as Jessica talked.

                “Why?” She asked. “Is my idea isn’t brilliant now?” She added, still asking.

                “Because the food court is kind of cheap though…” I said.

                “…” She didn’t say anything, just shrugged as she heaved a sigh.

                “I’m sorry, Sica,” I said and kissed her cheek. “It’s just that, I want our first date to be indeed special and expensive though,” I said as I sat back to the driver’s seat.

                “…” She didn’t say anything, just heaved a sigh. “Every date doesn’t need to be always expensive… the most important thing is just your love for each other…” she said as she looked at me, with a poker expression.

                “…” I didn’t say anything, just heaved a sigh. “Whatever. What? Should we just go home now?” I asked, irritated.

                “So you’re mad?!?” She said.

                “…” I heaved a sigh first before I talked. “No, Sica, no,” I said.

                “So what?” She asked again.

                “I’m sorry,” I apologized.

                “For…?” She asked.

                “Sorry if I was irritated,” I said.

                “Nah, it’s alright and I’m sorry, too,” she said and looked at me sincerely.

                “I love you,” I said and held her hand tight.

                “I love you, too,” she said and held my and tight, too.

                “…” I wasn’t able to say anything, just looked at her, smiling.

                “…” She didn’t say anything, too, just looked at me and smiled back sweetly.

                After, I just focused driving.

                *silence*

                “Baby,” Sica broke the ice once again.

                “Ne?” I asked.

                “Umm, Umm…”

                “Umm…?”

                “I’m hungry,” she said.

                “So, where should we go?” I said.

                “Ah, I know now,” she said and did her killer wink as she looked outside.

                “Where?” I asked.

                She looked at me and started to talk. “There!” She said as she pointed a restaurant.

                “Hmm…” I said as I put my head low to see what restaurant she was pointing is.             

                “See that?” She said as she looked at me, smiling while still pointing the restaurant.

                “Ah, I see,” I said and smiled. “Max’s…” I said as I nodded with a poker expression.

                “So, c’mon,” I said and went to the restaurant.

                When we were finally there, I parked my car in the parking lot.

                “Jessica, we’re here!” I exclaimed, faking a smile.

                “Ah, ne?” She said as she woke up from her short sleep.

                “Oh, I’m sorry; I didn’t know that you were sleeping…” I said.

                “No, it’s alright. Glad you woke me up because if you didn’t, for sure I would just sleep here until tomorrow morning,” she joked.

                *chuckles*

                We chuckled together.

                “Haha! Of course, I wouldn’t let you just be here until morning,” I said and winked.

                “Haha! Whatever,” she said.

                “C’mon, let’s go out of this car,” I said.

                She was about to open the door beside her, but I then stopped her.

                “No,” I said.

                “Huh?” She asked as she looked at me, still holding its door knob.

                “I’ll be the one to. I should be a gentle man to a gorgeous girl like you,” I said as I winked.

                “O---kay…” she said as she put her hand away of the door.

                “Okay,” I said and went out of the car.

                I didn’t go to her first, just got a thing at the back.

                “Wait, Taengoo,” she said while knocking the window.

                “…” I didn’t say anything, just winked at her, smiling while doing a ‘just wait’ sign.

                I went to the back of the car and got a bouquet of flowers I secretly bought at the park. When I finally got it to my hands, I went to Jessica and opened the door for her. When she was already outside of the car, standing, I started to talk.

                “Happy 1st day, my baby Sica,” I said as I kissed her cheek. “Here… a bouquet of flowers for the prettiest,” I said as I gave her the flowers.

                “Wow! Thank you, Taengoo~! And Happy 1st day, too, my baby Taengoo,” I said and kissed her back.

                “Well, I hope you like those,” I said. “Do you?” I added, asking.

                “Of course, I do! I love these! These are perfect!” She said and looked at me with a big sweet smile plastered on her face.

                “Well, thanks then,” I said.

                “But still, I love you, more, and you’re more perfect,” she said and winked at me.

                “Maybe, yes?” I said. “So you love the flowers, but you love me more… I then love you the MOST! And you think the flowers are perfect, but I’m more perfect… then you’re the most perfect, baby!” I said as I put my face near hers.

                She closed her eyes and because of that, I closed mine, too.

                “I love you,” I said as I kissed her lips.

                “I love you, too,” she whispered.

                “…” I wasn’t able to say anything, just smiled indeed sweetly.

                “…” She didn’t say anything, too, and smiled back sweeter than mine.

                “C’mon,” I said as I winked, still smiling. “Come, let’s get inside now,” I said and held her hand.

                She held my hand, too. “Yes, let’s go,” she said.

>> At the Max’s restaurant <<

                I asked for a table as I was holding Jessica’s hand.

                “A table for two people, please,” I said.

                “Okay, ma’am,” she said. “Here,” she added.

                “Thank you,” I said as I got the table number into my left hand, while my right hand was holding Jessica’s hand.

                “Welcome and enjoy!” She said.

                “…” I didn’t say anything, just nodded while smiling, and then proceeded to go inside.

                I looked for our table. Jessica then looked to the table number in my hands, and looked at the tables.

                “There, Taengoo,” she said as she was pointing at a table.

                “Ah, I see. Thank you, my baby Sica,” I said and smiled at her.

                “Keke,” she said.

                We then proceeded to our table.

                When we were already seated…             

                “…” I didn’t say anything, just heaved a sighn with a sad expression.

                “Why, my baby Taengoo? Why are you sad? Is there any problem?” Jessica asked with a full worried expression.

                “Nothing, my Sica baby, it’s just…” I said.

                “Why? Don’t you like the place? Okay, we better go now and we’ll eat to the restaurant where you want, okay?” She said.

                “No, my baby Sica. Calm down,” I said.

                “But why?” She said as she tried to calm down.

                “I just remember some memories...” I said.

                “Memories? What memories?” She asked.

                “Family memories, I should say…” I said.

                “…” She wasn’t able to say anything, and it seems like she wants to know and she’s listening to me, so I decided to continue. I heaved a sigh first before I started to talk.

                “My memories with my mom and dad… This was our favorite place. This was our favorite place before… Back then when mom and dad were still together. When Mom was still alive…”

                “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that,” Jessica said.

                “No, it’s alright. I’ll continue. Shall I?” I asked.

                “Ne, ne!” She said, nodding.

                “…” I didn’t say anything, just heaved a sigh first. “Here it goes… Since I was just a little kid, we love to go here. This must be our place always… That table…” I said as I pointed at the table beside us.                 “Whenever we go here, the lady outside, the one who gives the customers’ their table number, whenever she saw us, she would definitely know what our table number is. That table seemed to be us before. The staffs here know us well. They always see us. They maybe just don’t know me now, because years had passed and puberty changed my self now. On how I talk, how I manage things and many other things have changed already…”

                “I see…” Jessica said. “Don’t be too sad because I’m here, my baby Taengoo,” she said as she held my hand tight.

                “Thank you,” I said as I held her hand by my two hands.

                *silence*

                I looked at the table I was talking about before, and put our unbreakable and unforgettable memories back to my mind.

                …

                “Mom…” I accidentally said as my tears started to fall down.

                “Shh… don’t cry,” Jessica said as she comforted me by tapping my back by her right hand, while her left hand is still holding my hands tighter, this time.

                “I miss my mom the most… and also my dad… I miss him too… our bond was once unbreakable… but mom just unexpectedly died, and my dad got another family… actually, he asked me if I want to go with him, but I said ‘no.’ Because I know, it will just make the thing harder if I would see dad loving another girl aside from me and having kids that aren’t my siblings by my mom, just by my dad…” I said.

                “No, don’t be too, sad…” she said again.

                “Thank you,” I said as I looked at her and smiled.

                “No, I should call a waiter now and start to order,” she said. “WAI---“

                “No, I should be the one to do that… WAITER!” I shouted.

                The waiter quickly went to our table.

                “Yes, madams?” He asked.

                “We’re going to order,” I said.

                “Oh! Here, madams,” he said as he gave us two sets of menus.

                Few minutes later, we’ve done to order and then our food finally came.

                “Here are your orders, madams!” The waiter exclaimed.

                “Thank you,” I said and bowed.

                “Ne, thank you,” Jessica said and bowed, too.

                “Welcome and enjoy, madams,” The waiter said as he finished putting our orders to our table. He bowed as well and left.

To be continued…