02

The Domino Effect

Everything was so out of hand.

Of course Baekhyun tried to reason out and tell everyone that she was lying, but it seems that most of them believed her, well except for Jongin, who was the only one who believed Baekhyun.

But of course, they were only two against so much.

Amber even supported her, which dismayed Baekhyun so much.

I thought she was my friend.

But knows something’s off with Amber. When she said those things, it sounded so fake, so scripted, so.... forced.

And it seems that Jongin was the only one who really found it weird that Baekhyun slapped a girl. Jongin knew Baekhyun was sassy, but he knows he can never hurt anyone.

Baekhyun was on his way so SM right now with Jongin. He was the only one who wanted to defend Baekhyun from something he knows Baekhyun didn’t do.

So much for teamwork and family.

Baekhyun thought he would be only given suspension, a hiatus of some sorts, but to his fear, he was removed from the group.

“I cannot condone such behaviour in our agency Baekhyun” Soo Man said. “You are removed from EXO and all of its activities.”

There must be something wrong. Baekhyun thought. Everything was going too fast.

One minute, he was defending himself, the next minute, he was already removed from EXO.

Soo Man even handed some papers for the end of Baekhyun’s contract.

“And this is applied immediately. Out of all the members, I never thought you, of all people, would do something like this.”

No.

He didn’t even have the chance to defend himself further, because he was removed, expelled in some way.

Baekhyun was removed from EXO. Soo Man said that whenever the press will ask him, he would say something like because of his health and such.

SM always avoided scandals, even though they have so much of it.

“Hyung, this isn’t true right?” Jongin asked. “Maybe we can ask the President to investigate-“

“No”

“No? What do you mean no? Come on hyung! Don’t give up.”

“What’s the point Jongin? Everything but you is against me right now.” Baekhyun said helplessly.

“We can at least try hyung.” Jongin begged.

“Thank you Jongin, for believing in me.” Baekhyun gave Jongin a small smile. “But I guess this is it for me.”

“Hyung, please. Don’t say that.” Jongin started to cry. “You’re the only one who believed in me; the only one who understood me; please don’t go hyung, please.” He wrapped Baekhyun around his arms.

“Thank you Jongin, for believing me ‘til the end.” The last part was almost a whisper, but Jongin managed to hear it.

“Don’t go hyung, please.”

“I have to Jongin, come on. Help me pack at home.” Baekhyun tried not to cry, because if he did, he would’ve broken down right there and then.

He was trying to be strong, for himself and for Jongin.

The ride back to the dorm was short, too short.

Baekhyun and Jongin entered the empty dormitory, since most of the members had a schedule to keep.

This was good.

At least Baekhyun can quickly pack and when everyone comes back, he’ll just say good bye and leave.

It sounded so easy.

But it was so painful.

Baekhyun entered his room and took a good long look before walking up to his bed.

He was tired, so tired. How can a small lie destroy something he loved?

Maybe Sulli loved Chanyeol so much that he made this small lie just to be with him. That was something he can never do and maybe that made him unworthy of his love.

Baekhyun only has little clothes, because most of the clothes he wears are from SM, and based on the contract, everything SM gave him must be left behind.

This was good.

At least he doesn’t need to carry much, and he was relieved, because he saved up some money with his own bank account.

“Where will you go now hyung?”

That was a good question. Where was Baekhyun going now? That was something even he doesn’t know at this moment.

“I’ll stay at a cheap hotel in the mean time, and then maybe I’ll find some place to work.” He stood up and zipped his luggage. “There, all done.”

Jongin had that look on his face again. The one Baekhyun feels sorry for. He was the cause of that look and he felt sorry for Jongin.

“Don’t give me that look Jongin, I’ll be fine.”

“How can she do this to you?”

“This is good Jongin, this is good.”

“How is this good hyung? You got removed from EXO, you’re family!”

“Family?” Baekhyun chuckled a bit bitterly. “You’re the only family I have here Jongin, you’re the only one who believed in me, which I will be forever grateful for.”

Jongin didn’t say anything and engulfed Baekhyun in a big hug.

“I’m sorry hyung, I’m sorry.” Baekhyun doesn’t even know why Jongin was apologizing, but Jongin felt he needed to.

“It’s okay Jongin, I’ll be fine.”

The front door close and feet were shuffling from outside, meaning they were home.

“Come on, I need to tell them. Can you tell them to wait for me in the living room? And don’t tell them anything yet okay?”

Jongin wiped the tears off his face and nodded. Baekhyun sat on his bed, nervously waiting for Jongin to call him. His slender fingers were twitching, and his hands were shaking.

Everything he worked hard for, everything he loved, everything he cares about, gone because of one small lie.

But he had no choice but to face this.

Maybe he slapped Sulli last night, but he was 100% sure that he didn’t.

But now, he wished that he really did.

“Hyung, everything’s all set.” Baekhyun stood up and walked out of the room. Everyone was home and just like he wished for, they were all in the living room.

“What did the President say?” Suho asked. Baekhyun was glad, at least Suho still acted leader and at least he still showed some interest in Baekhyun.

“First of all, I wanted to apologize for this mishap. I’m not going to try and defend myself since no one would believe me.”

Baekhyun raised his hand to stop Jongdae from interrupting.

“Second, President Soo Man removed me from the group, starting today. I am officially off the group.”

Small gasps and murmurs filled the room.

“I tried to explain everything well, but just like you guys, he didn’t listen.” Baekhyun said. “I’ll miss you guys. Well, this is good bye, I guess.” Baekhyun gave them a small smile and turned around.

But before he left, he glanced at Chanyeol for one last time.

“Bye Chanyeol”

It seems that nobody wanted to stop him except for Jongin, who clung to him until he reached his room.

But to Baekhyun’s surprise, Sehun entered the room.

“Hyung, I’m so sorry.” Sehun gave him a hug. “I didn’t mean to.”

“No, you said what you thought was right, and that’s a good thing Sehun.”

“I believe you hyung, I really do.” Sehun added. Baekhyun thinned his lips, but the tears were too fast. He gave Sehun and Jongin a big hug.

“I’ll miss you guys... so much. Don’t forget to eat okay? And tell Kyungsoo to take his vitamins so he doesn’t feel sleepy on set.”

Sehun and Jongin nodded like little kids. Jongin took one bag, while Sehun carried another. They made their way out of the room.

The others were still silent in the living room.

“I’ll get going now.” Baekhyun said. He gave them a formal bow before making his way to the door.

“We’ll help you get a cab hyung” Sehun said. “And we insist.”

But Jongin got a can quickly, too quick for Sehun.

“SM will release the statement I made tomorrow morning.” Baekhyun said. “I’ll see you guys around okay? I’ll keep in touch.”

“You better hyung” Sehun said.

“Text me where you’ll be staying okay?” Baekhyun nodded before entering the taxi. He gave one last wave to the two, before the taxi drove off.

This was good.

Baekhyun kept telling himself that but it didn’t work anymore.

Because Baekhyun wasn’t a good liar.

 

 

 

Do you understand why this was heart breaking? 3 Should I still continue this people?