11

The Domino Effect

"Great job guys, good luck with your comeback next week." Their choreographer said before shuffling out of the room.

The members heaved out a sigh of relief before lying on the floor. It's been four months since the release of 'Wolf' and now, they're preparig for their comeback 'Growl'.

The door creaked open and the voice of their manager filled the whole practice room.

"So, next week will be your comeback stage." He said. "He said that you guys are ready."

It was so rare for their choreographer to give such assessments, because most of the time, he would give mediocre feedbacks and hearing this gave them a breather of some sorts.

But they were too tired to celebrate. Instead, they closed their eyes and enjoyed this moment.

"So Joonmyeon, mind telling them the little surprise?" Their manager asked, a bit whimsical. Suho sat up and dragged himself to the front.

"I'll be an MC for a music show." He said.

As much as they were tired, they couldn't help but feel happy for their leader.

This was a new thing for them. Were they finally given the chance to try out news things too?

"So, who's your partner?" Jongdae asked.

"Yes Joonmyeon. An article did say there would be two of you." It never failed to amaze the others to see Yixing act so calm, like he didn't dance for 10 hours straight.

"Actually, I don't know yet." Suho said, shrugging afterwards.

"Actually, I know." Their manager slowly roamed the room. "How long has been Baekhyun out of the group?"

The others exchanged glances, thinking of reasons why he was suddenly brought up.

"It's been eleven months hyung" Jongin said. Their manager nodded and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you Jongin. Wow, it's been that long already huh?"

Where was their manager going with this?

"Well, Baekhyun will be his partner."

It means that they'll be seeing him often.

"I get that Baekhyun told you two already?" Their manager asked, gesturing at Sehun and Jongin.

"He did, last week." Sehun said casually, yawning afterwards.

"We'll discuss this tomorrow okay? You guys need to rest."

And of course, their manager had to leave them hanging.

Hearing his name again gave them a sense of nostalgia.

After Baekhyun was removed, they never really heard from him. All they knew was he started training at Big Hit Entertainment, and now, he was going to debut as an MC.

They couldn't really blame him for not keeping in contact with the rest of them. Before, the only thing plastered on their minds was Baekhyun deserved it, because of what he did.

'Til now, they still do. The only difference is that now, they want to hear his side of the story, which was way overdue. Not like it would help or anything, but still, knowing his side of the story woild give them a piece of mind.

"Hey Jongin" Minseok said. Jongin raised his eyebrows as he drank from his water bottle. "How's Baekhyun?"

"I guess he's happy?" Jongin thinned his lips and shook his head. "No, more like contented." He smiled before reaching for his bag.

Chanyeol wanted to ask so much.

Where does he live? Is he eating well? Does he take care of himself? Does he get enough sleep? Does he miss him the way Chanyeol does?

But that's all there is, these are just thoughts in his head. Chanyeol can't seem to materialize them into words.

It's been eleven months Baekhyun.

And Chanyeol was sure, that even with that span of time, most of them still haven't moved on from him. And maybe, they never will. Not unless they talk to him and ask him personally.

But how can they? All they did was shun him and judging from the current situation, no talks wil happen.

And it seems that SM believed Jinri too, because no talks or mediations happened in any way. Baekhyun was summoned and removed on the same day.

'Til now, fans are still speculating.

"Chanyeol"

"Oh Jinri" He said, disturbing himself from his thoughts. She smiled and walked up to him, giving Chanyeol a small peck on the lips.

"So are you guys done? I was thinking maybe we could get some dinner? I mean, you'll be busy next week with your comeback and all so I was thinking-"

"Can we Suho hyung?" Chanyeol asked. Suho nodded.

"Of course, just be careful and be back by 12 okay?  We still have practice tomorrow."

"It's a date then" Chanyeol said. He slung his bag on his shoulder and waved to the others.

Yes, he and Jinri are still together.

What's not to love about her? She's nice, smart, and her being cute is a bonus.

But Chanyeol couldn't really explain it though.

He still wasn't sure about his feelings for the other.

"So, where do you want to eat?" Chanyeol asked.

"Well, I'm actually craving for some Chinese food so let's go with that." She said, linking their hands together.

"Hey Jinri" She hummed. "Why don't we ask the others to join us?"

"Sure, who do you have in mind?"

"Like Victoria noona, or Amber or maybe Lu-" She cut him off.

"They're busy" She answered, all too quickly that Chanyeol couldn't really understand it at first. She dropped the topic before Chanyeol can even ask, changing it to something she watched the other day, though Chanyeol wasn't really listening

It was something Chanyeol has been wondering and been meaning to ask: Why does she not want the other f(x) members to join them?

But Chanyeol never asked because they were just thoughts too, thoughts that will never materalize into words.

Still, Chanyeol has this eerie feeling. Somewhere in the back of his mind was a box full of questions, questions he was afraid to find out the answer.

---

Just like that, the days passed quickly and they were having their comeback performance today.

They got dressed and arrived at the venue for rehearsals and make-up. As they walked towards their dressing room, Chanyeol noticed a piece of paper stuck on the wall: 'Performance line-up'.

He browsed the names and found EXO under 'Comeback stage'

As he was about to leave, he noticed a certain performance under 'Special stages'. He saw Ailee's name with a letter nex to it.

Ailee + B (Singing Got Better)

She'll perform after EXO with the person B.

Chanyeol wondered who the person was. A new singer maybe? But his thinking was suddenly interrupted because he was being called by their manager.

When it was their turn to rehearse, they went up to the stage and gave a group bow before starting.

As soon as the music started, the fans started to cheer, making them enjoy the rehearsal more.

Half-way of their performance, Chanyeol, being a tall person he is, noticed someone enter at the back.

The person had black hair, but still had the same features. Chanyeol was so distracted that he almost fell off stage.

Their rehearsal was done and the person was gone.

Chanyeol was sure it was-

"Chanyeol, are you okay?" Their manager asked, worried. "You okay? You almost fell back there."

"I'm fine hyung" He gave their manager a reassuring smile.

They went back to their dressing room. Joonmyeon pointed out some small errors, while the others rested for a bit.

Chanyeol, who was still thinking about the person he saw, took a pillow and rested his head on it.

Ailee was next to rehearse. They could hear her from where they were staying. Chanyeol closed his eyes and enjoyed her song.

After the first chorus, there was a change of pace, a deeper voice, a voice that belongs to a male, suddenly sang. And Chanyeol remembered that it was a special performance.

Then it hit him. That voice. He was sure, that voice belongs to him, to the person he saw, and the person he's been longing to see.

He found himself running, ignoring the calls of Joonmyeon and their manager. He ran past people, and the next thing he knew, he's looking at the person he needed to see.

Baekhyun.

 

 

So I decided to update using my phone, and I tell you, this is some hard stuff gahd. Anyways, here's the overdue update. Don't worry, there  be flashbacks for Baekhyun to answer your questions . I am so done with the BaekYeon thing, I wish them happiness.

Anyways, try listening to Good luck by B2ST. That song is just eargasm.

And try reading Thirteen Reasons Why. Great book.

AllHailMochi is back