Fourteen

The Domino Effect

The day was finally coming to an end, and luckily, nothing happened that much. Baekhyun was relieved that him and Suho managed to host a music show without any awkwardness shown, or at least, they hid it very well. He was satisfied with Suho's professionalism. For beginners, they did a pretty good job.

But there was actually something that kept bothering him, more like someone.

Chanyeol.

Baekhyun had to admit, his presence gave him a nostalgic feeling, and he felt a bit guilty because a part of him actually missed the other. But, isn't it normal to get excited over someone you haven't seen in a long time? Let alone that someone is your ex-best friend?

Ex-best friend.

Wow. It's been so long. They've been friends for about three years, adding their pre-debut years.

Baekhyun can still remember how they became friends. It was during their trainee days, when they met. They rode the same bus, so most of the time, they went home together. And the world seemed to be small for them, because thay actually have a common friend.

But they becane close because of the stories they shared, and the advices they exchanged. Remembering these things made Baekhyun feel disappointed. They've been friends for a long time, but it ended, just like that.

And it was ironic, how a part of Baekhyun wants to fix their broken bridge. It was possible, but maybe now is not the best time to do so, but Baekhyun is open to the idea, but this time, he'll have to do it with caution.

He doesn't want to get hurt again.

The show ended with Baekhyun and Suho announcing the winner, and it was Ailee. She thanked some people and gave an encore performance. The other groups exited the stage and left.

Baekhyun thanked the people at the back stage and went back to his dressing room. The first thing he did was check his phone.

Jungkook

We'll be there in ten minutes, okay? Stay put love!

Baekhyun smiled. It was magical, how a short text like that from Jungkook changed his mood in an instant, and it was Jungkook who never gave up on him, along with the others.

Flashback

Baekhyun fell on the floor for the nth time. He kept messing up the dance for his scheduled audition. Namjoon's the one who arranged the music, with a little help from Yoongi.

Jongin and Jimin helped in making the choreography. They said that his singing doesn't need that much work, so they focused on dancing.

His audition is days away, but he still hasn't memorized the dance. Luckily, he was allowed to use BH's studio.

"I though I'd find you hear." The voice startled Baekhyun a little.

"How long have you been standing there?" He asked. The person approached him and helped him stand up.

"Long enough" The person smiled. "Start over, so that I can help you." Baekhyun nodded and stood at the center. Jungkook pressed the play button and observed him from a far.

And when that part came again, he fell again. This time, a bit harder. Fatigue started to kick in, and he's been here for about three hours now. Baekhyun sighed and decided to lay at the wooden floor.

"I can see why you keep on falling." Jungkook helped him up.

"I can't do this." Baekhyun said, sighing. They both sat on the floor, backs resting on the wall.

"You want to know the problem?" The other nodded. "Your mind, it's too preoccupied, too clouded, hyung. It shows, not only in your face, but also in your dancing."

Was he thay easy to read? Was it really all in the mind?

"What are you thinking about, hyung?" Jungkook asked. The question should be, what was he not thinking about? His audition was inching closer. He still couldn't accept the fact that he's not part of EXO anymore. Chanyeol is currently dating Sulli.

The last one bothered him the most. It was like a big slap in the face. Sulli finally got Chanyeol, and he was affected, reallt affected. Chanyeol doesn't like him. Maybe Sulli was lying when he said Chanyeol did. Was she that heartless?

"I know a lot has happened, and still happening. You're finding it hard to recover from things, and the audition is adding to the pressure."

Was he really that easy to read? Or does Jungkook read minds?

"But at some point, you need to let things go, hyung. Especially in the industry we're in. You have no other choice but to let go.  Jungkook slid his hand on Baekhyun's and entwined their fingers. "You have to."

Baekhyun didn't respond, but Jungkook was sure the other understood it clearly. He rested his head on the younger's shoulder, and nodded.

"As hard as it sounds, you need to let it go. They're moving on without you, so why can't you? It won't be easy, it will never be easy. But we'll be here. I'll be here, no matter what." Jungkook was younger than him, but the way he thinked was way morr mature than Baekhyun.

"I'll try, Jungkook. I promise."

"I know you will." Jungkook smiled at him. "So, from the top?" Baekhyun sat up. Before going back to the center, he gave Jungkook a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, Kookie."

"No problem, hyung. Anytime you need someone to talk to, I'm here."

And up to this day, Baekhyun was still moving forward.

As he continued to gather his things, the door creaked open.

"Baekhyun?" It wasn't Ailee or Jungkook. It was the least person he expected it to be.

"Chanyeol?" The other seemed to be everywhere today, why? The hug earlier meant nothing but a friendly hug.

"You going home?" Baekhyun nodded.

"I'm actually waiting for my ride, why?" Chanyeol bit his bottom lip and closed the door.

"I was going to offer you a ride home, but it seems you have someone to pick you up."

"Yeah..." and Baekhyun sort of expected for Chanyeol to leave, but he still stood in his place, looking at Baekhyun's back, why? And why was he even asking something like this? "Is there something you need?"

He wasn't looking at Chanyeol, but he could feel the stare of the other, those round eyes gazing at him. Baekhyun was about to ask again, because the tension filling the room was getting unbearable. But to his surprise, a pair of arms engulfed him in a hug.

"C-C-Chanyeol?"

"Stop squirming, Baekhyun."

"What are you doing?"

"Just let me enjoy this moment?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I-" Chanyeol paused. "I really missed you, Baekhyun." I think I missed you too. "How have you been?"

"I'm okay, I guess. How about you?"

"Been fine too. I guess you still live with BTS?" Baekhyun nodded.

And for a while, they just stood there in silencr. But the silence, it wasn't that awkward anymore, it was actually familiar silence. A part of Baekhyun wanted this, but a part of him wanted to push Chanyeol away.

"Baek, we're here so let's- Oh." Jungkook stopped half way."The van's out in the back." He said, quickly leaving the room.

No.

"I need to go, Chanyeol." Baekhyun broke free from the other's grasp. He took his bag and ran after Jungkook. "Jungkook, wait!" Jungkook slowed down. They walked in silence, and it was unbearable, because Jungkook's silence only meant one thing, he's angry.

"Jungkook-" But they reached the van too soon. Jungkook gestured his hands for Baekhyun to enter first. The latter sighed and entered. Jungkook followed and sat next to him.

"Hey, hyung." Taehyung groggily greeted. Out of all the members, him and Jungkook were the only ones awake. "So, how was your day?"

"It's been good." Baekhyun said, hearing Jungkook chuckle and then scoff. "You guys seem tired."

"Well, a lot of people came, more than what we expected." Taehyun said. "I'm going to sleep first." He rested his head on Baekhyun's shoulder. Jungkook would've done the same thing, but he had his head leaning on the glass window.

Baekhyun should've pushed Chanyeol away.

---

"Hey Jongin, want to get some ice cream?" Sehun asked. After their performance, they went back to their dorm. Most of them tried to get some sleep, while others, like Sehun, couldn't sleep at all.

"Sure, Sehun." He took his phone and followed the other.

"Where are you two going?" Kyungsoo asked, noticing the two wearing their coats.

"Ice cream" Sehun said. Jongin didn't respond and continued fixing himself. "Do you want to come with us?" He asked. Jongin glared at Sehun's direction, but the latter didn't mind and ignored him.

"Are you sure it's fine?" Kyungsoo and Sehun looked at Jongin.

"What? I don't own the place. If anyone wants to come, it's fine." Jongin was harsh, thought he didn't really care. It's just that Sehun was well aware of the cold war between him and Kyungsoo, so asking the latter to tag along wasn't the best idea he had.

"I'll go get my wallet." Kyungsoo rushed to his room. Jongin kept his glaring eyes at Sehun.

"What?" Sehun asked.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Sehun shook his head and shrugged.

"He asked us. It would be rude not to invite him." He said. Jongin rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I'm ready." Kyungsoo said. He zipped his orange coat and patted himself. And why was Jongin finding this cute?

"Let's go." Sehun said. Jongin rolled his eyes again and went on ahead.

"Are you sure it's fine, Sehun?"

"Trust me, hyung. It's fine." He grinned and dragged Kyungsoo out of their dorm. "Kim Jongin, wait up!"

But Jongin continued to walk with the pace he had. Sehun was planning something, that he was sure of. But he didn't to do anything with that plan of his. After a few more steps, the two caught up with him. Sehun linked his arm with Jongin's, while the other was with Kyungsoo's.

"It sure is cold tonight." Sehun said.

"And you still want some ice cream." Kyungsoo said, chuckling.

The three arrived at the nearest convinience store. They quickly chose their treats and went to the counter. Jongin reached for his pocket, only to realize he left his wallet.

"What's wrong?" Sehun asked.

"I forgot my wallet. Lend me some."

"I only brought enough money, man. How about we ask Kyungsoo hyung?"

"No, don't-" But Sehun already left.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Jongin left his wallet. So he asked me to call you to lend him some money."

"Sure" Kyungsoo took out some money and paid for the two of them.

"Thanks, I'll pay you at home." Jongin said, not looking at Kyungsoo's round orbs.

The trip back to the dorm was quicker. Sehun went back to his room with a grin on his face. Jongin reminded himself to ask about that tomorrow. He rushed to his room to get some money. He walked up to Kyungsoo's room and knocked.

"Here's the money. Thanks for lending me some, hyung."

"It's no problem at-" But Jongin was already out the door.

The distance between them is so out of hand. If Jongin won't talk to him, he'll talk to Jongin.

---

"Jungkook" Baekhyun has been trying to get the boy's attention for a while now. The younger has been ignoring hin ever since the hugging incident. They even shared a bed, but Baekhyun feels alone, and that was something he hated feeling. Baekhyun sighed and decided to give up, for now. There was no use in trying to talk to a pissed Jungkook. He back faced the other and closed his eyes.

But to his surprise, Jungkook wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist.

"Kookie."

"I was jealous, okay? I mean, no wonder you weren't answering your phone. You're too busy hugging someone else." Baekhyun felt a bit guilty. He had his phone in his hand, but it was on silent.

"I'm sorry."

"And why was he even there?"

"He hugged me because-" Baekhyun bit his bottom lip. "He told me that he missed me."

"Did you miss him too?" Baekhyun couldn't really deny it. Of course he missed his ex-best friend. Wasn't that normal?

"It was nothing, Jungkook. The hug meant nothing." He half lied. Of course it meant something.

"Okay. But can you stop him from hugging you? You'll be seeing each other often." Jungkook was being pushy, but he was jealous. Even thay sounded so irrational.

"Okay, Kookie." Baekhyun turned around and gave Jungkook a kiss on the cheek, burrowing his face on the other's neck after. "Good night."

"Good night, love." Jungkook kissed the top of his head and.

Baekhyun needs to get things straight. Jungkook was his present, and he should let go of the past.

It won't be easy, especially when he'll be seeing his past very often.

He needs to clear his mind, just like before.

 

 

 

 

So here's the overdue update. Lol. I changed the title because I can't write a title less than three characters.