04

The Domino Effect

It’s only been a month, and Baekhyun already lost most of his cash.

This was his last day at the hotel because he was already losing money, so he needs to find someplace else to stay.

He’s been eating nothing but instant noodles and fast food.

He tried to look for a job, but it seems that people couldn’t still move on from his absence in the group.

Lots of rumours started to spread, saying that Baekhyun left the country, EXO will be having a new member, bullying, anything.

People have been looking for him, because there are a lot of unanswered questions. They wanted it to come from Baekhyun, because they found things a bit sudden.

He didn’t want to ask for help, because he didn’t want to be a burden to anyone anymore. He didn’t want to bother Sehun, Jongin, Amber, or anybody else.

He needed to face the reality of life. There are some things that he needs to do alone.

He actually bought one big bag, where all of his things could fit, so it would be easier to carry.

At this point, he was starting to be homeless. Where would he go? He wanted to go home, but his money wouldn’t suffice anymore.

He should’ve gone home in the first place, but what was he afraid of? He was afraid of being judged. He didn’t want to hear his parents saying I-told-you-so, because that was the last thing he needed.

He can try going back to the dorm, but he isn’t welcome there anymore.

Baekhyun was running out of people to count on.

People might get in trouble if Baekhyun asked help from them.

And that was the last thing he wanted to do, burden people. He shrugged and decided to wing it. He’ll go wherever his feet would take him.

He took his bag and went out of his hotel room. After paying the needed amount, he walked past the revolving door and for a minute, just stood there.

Where was he going anyway?

Just walk Baekhyun, just walk.

---

“A lot better than yesterday guys, good job.” Their choreographer clapped before standing. “So, tomorrow, we’ll polish MAMA and then we’ll move on to Wolf okay? I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

They were more tired than usual. They had to repeat everything over and over again because they had to make everything look natural.

And they couldn’t lie, it was harder than it seemed.

“Hey guys, look at this!” Tao shouted. Everyone stood behind as he showed the article headline.

[BREAKING] Former EXO member Baekhyun spotted walking down the street

“Can you enlarge the picture Tao?” Sehun asked. After taking a good look, all of them confirmed that it was Baekhyun.

“What does the article say?” Xiumin asked.

“Baekhyun, a former member of EXO, was spotted walking down the street carrying a bag. Some fans say that Baekhyun was spotted in the near hotel and has been staying there for quite some time now.

Baekhyun was reported to have left the group because of health issues, but a lot of fans aren’t really convinced.

What do you think is the real reason he left the group?”

“I’m going to call him” Jongin took out his phone and dialled his number, but Baekhyun wasn’t answering. “He’s not answering”

“Baekhyun’s been staying at a hotel?” Chanyeol asked.

“He didn’t want to go home, because he was afraid of what his parents might say to him.” Sehun said.

“So he decided to stay in a hotel for the time being. He couldn’t find a decent job because he was still a hot item.” Jongin added. “He’s still not answering.”

“Where will he go now?” Yixing asked.

“We don’t know” Jongin said, sighing.

“He can live back with us” Chanyeol said. Jongin shook his head and chuckled.

“Why say that now? Why didn’t any of you say that before?”

“Jongin, stop” Yi Fan said sternly. Jongin sighed and shook his head. He took his bag and barged out of the room.

“I know you guys don’t believe Baekhyun hyung, but you could’ve at least stopped him from leaving until he can. He considered us his second family, but none of us really supported him or stuck by him.” Sehun followed Jongin out.

As the two left, their words were haunting the others.

Why didn’t any of you say that before?

None of us really supported him or stuck by him.

---

Baekhyun has been walking for hours now, but he didn’t actually know where he was going.

He would stop and sit on a bench from time to time, and it was a good thing he wore warm clothes, because the cold breeze would be hard to handle if he didn’t.

His stomach has been grumbling for a while now, but he was too afraid to use the little money that he has.

Jongin was calling a while ago, but he didn’t know what to say. How can he say that he didn’t have a place to go? He didn’t want anyone to worry about him.

And life had to be so cliché.

It started to rain.

It took a while before Baekhyun could find some place to stay while it rained, so he ended up like a wet towel.

Now it was too cold for him.

His things were wet.

His supposed to be warm clothes were also wet.

Was this the life he needs to get used to now?

He slowly fell on the floor as he leaned against the wall.

Everything he’s been bottling up started to overflow.

Sulli, Chanyeol, the other members, his family, everything.

He just wished someone would take him away from all this.

Chanyeol...

He wrapped his arms around his knees, but the cold never left.

Chanyeol...

And with all of this in mind, Baekhyun decided to rest.

Sulli said Chanyeol liked him, but the way he called Baekhyun disgusting thought otherwise.

Lies, all lies.

He was tired, so tired.

Everything was against him right now.

And just like that, Baekhyun fell asleep.

---

Jongin has been staring at the window for a very long time now. Baekhyun wasn’t answering any of his calls and he was worried sick.

Out of all the members, Baekhyun was the one who understood him the most, because just like Baekhyun, he was in love with another member.

“Jongin, come and eat.” Kyungsoo said. Hearing that voice always made his heart flutter.

“Coming” Jongin gave Kyungsoo a reassuring smile. Kyungsoo nodded and went back to the kitchen.

Yes, he fell in love with Kyungsoo.

Love at first sight actually.

The moment he was introduced to the other, he couldn’t stop thinking about Kyungsoo.

And those pre-debut pictures thought otherwise. He doesn’t know if Kyungsoo knows what he feels, but Jongin can never tell.

Why did he fall in love with Kyungsoo? The real question is what’s not to love about Kyungsoo?

The eyes, those lips, that inert singing talent, and of course, that smile that managed to make Jongin smile.

At first, he thought was just confused. Kyungsoo was a guy, so Jongin tried to think it through, but no matter what he did, it always ended up being love.

So Jongin didn’t deny it anymore.

How he wished that Kyungsoo would look at him too, but he was afraid; afraid that he might end up like Baekhyun.

He was afraid of rejection and he doesn’t really know what he’ll do if he was turned down.

This was better, Jongin thought. At least he can glance at Kyungsoo, give him hugs and share stories with him without making things awkward or complicated.

That was the last thing Jongin wanted, to confess.

Hopeless romantic? Maybe, but that was better for him, better than nothing at all.

He went to the kitchen and sat down to have some ramen Kyungsoo made for the two of them. The others were sleeping and some of them still had individual schedules.

“Wow hyung, this looks good.” Jongin said.

“That’s only instant ramen stupid” Kyungsoo chuckled. “Even you can do that”

“Are you sure hyung? I mean, it tastes so different when I make it.”

“Let me tell you a little secret, want to know why it tastes different?” Jongin tensed up. Kyungsoo was dangerously close, too close that he can feel Kyungsoo’s breathing. “Because I’m a wizard Jongin, I can make anything taste good.”

Jongin smiled and soon started to laugh. Kyungsoo was being too adorable that Jongin might not be able to control himself from his cuteness.

“You are too adorable hyung, I might not be able to control myself.” Jongin said, regretting it afterwards.

“What do you mean Jongin?” Oh my god.

“N-n-nothing hyung, really” Jongin took his chopsticks and started to eat.

“Oh, well okay. Just eat there and I’ll be back. Suho hyung is calling me. Save some for me okay?” Kyungsoo ruffled Jongin’s hair and left.

Jongin took a deep breath and closed his eyes. That was too close.

He needs to control himself next time, he almost spilled his biggest secret and his greatest fear.

 

 

 

So here's the update!! So I guess I'll be introducing BTS soon!!! Hue hue hue. I wish this story had more feedback, really. To those who give theirs, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it as an author!! Love you guys!!

AllHailMochi