07

The Domino Effect

Baekhyun watched as the members of BTS get changed for their schedule. They’ll be having a comeback and they need to shoot their MV.

It feels so weird.

Baekhyun’s been living with these people for a week now, and luckily, their manager still hasn’t suspected a thing. The others managed to hide him, but sometimes Baekhyun feels that he’s being a burden, but the others kept reassuring him that he isn’t.

It’s only been a week, but he’s learned so much about the members.

Seokjin wears high perception glasses, usually when he’s at the dorm. When Baekhyun asked why he doesn’t wear it outside, he said that it makes him feel uncomfortable and that was understandable.

Being an idol is all about image, something which is inevitable.

And that was something Seokjin took care of, his image.

Namjoon, or Rap Monster, is very good in the English language and Baekhyun learned that he studied in New Zealand before and maybe that’s why he accepts Baekhyun’s uality.

Being a leader, he isn’t really that strict, but he makes it a point that things are organized, though he broke that plate the other day.

And the one who had to clean that was Yoongi.

Yoongi is not really good at English, though he’s still learning. He likes his legs so much, and Baekhyun heard him once say that his legs are in par with that of SNSD. Looking at him, he looks like the cute type, but seeing him in a normal setting, he actually is a cool guy.

“Have you guys seen my favourite shirt?” Jimin shouted.

”It’s under your blue shirt.” Hoseok said.

“Oh, found it!”

Hoseok had this mother figure. He would always be the one to go to when the other members needed something. If EXO had Chanyeol, they had Hoseok as their happy virus and looking at what he wears at the dorm, Baekhyun noticed his likeness of the colour green.

“Jimin, come on! We need to go!” Namjoon shouted.

“I’ll be right there!” He shouted.

From what Baekhyun learned, Jimin’s a bit insecure when it comes to his cheeks, though he couldn’t really understand why Jimin feels that way, he’s handsome.

And those well defined abs were a plus.

He’s in charge of ‘charms’, mostly like aegyo and such. Behind that manly image, Jimin’s actually pretty fun and gentle.

Out of all the members, Taehyung was the weirdest one. That was the best word to describe him. Contrary to what people believe, he wasn’t actually the last one to join BTS, he was just a hidden member. And it was funny how they did look alike, especially when he has dark eyeliner like he has now.

And that was something they had in common, they like wearing man liner.

“Hyung, we’ll be back in a while okay? There’s still some leftover at the fridge in case you get hungry.” Jungkook said.

Jungkook.

For some reason, he was most interested in this kid in front of him. Yes, kid, because he’s still a teenager, but he sometimes acts like the oldest. He’s dubbed as the ‘Golden Maknae’ and he proves it otherwise.

He can sing, rap, and dance. Heck he can easily memorize a girl group dance in an hour and he was all around.

Behind those abs, which Baekhyun found really appealing, was a cute kid. He’s an aegyo king.

“Hyung, hello?” Jungkook waved his hand in front of the spaced-out Baekhyun.

“Oh, sorry.”

“We’re leaving” Jungkook said. “What’s wrong?” He asked, seeing as Baekhyun’s  expression changed.

“Nothing” Baekhyun smiled but Jungkook could feel that something was bothering the other. “You should go”

“I’ll see later okay hyung?” Jungkook said, squeezing Baekhyun’s hand. The others bid Baekhyun good bye and just like that, the place was silent again.

He didn’t want to feel this way, because they have been very good to him, but he really feels lonely right now. He just wished he had someone... Chanyeol.

He’s still not used to living without the others, but he’s doing it step by step. He needs to face the fact that they are moving on without him, so he should also get a move on too.

---

It was then later in the afternoon when the others came back from their schedule. Baekhyun could see how tired they were.

“You guys okay?” Baekhyun asked, seeing them on the couch, others lying on the floor. They all groaned, so he decided to show his surprise. He went to the kitchen and took the box out from the fridge.

“What’s that hyung?” Jimin asked. “Is that cake?” They all shot up upon hearing the said pastry.

“Well, I’ve been here for a week, so I bought this cake for you guys as a token of thanks. I also bought some meat for us to enjoy.” Baekhyun said, feeling a bit shy. The others stood up.

“You did that for us hyung?” Taehyung asked.

“You shouldn’t have, you know.” Hoseok said.

“Please eat it. It would mean a lot to me.” Baekhyun said. Namjoon took the box and went to the kitchen. One by one, the others followed him too.

Yoongi took out the meat Baekhyun bought and started to cook it. Baekhyun already made rice so the only thing they needed was the meat.

Baekhyun felt satisfied. He was happy because the others appreciated his efforts. And judging by how they’re enjoying the cake proves it otherwise.

“Why aren’t you joining them Jungkook?” Baekhyun asked Jungkook, who was standing next to him.

“What do you mean me?” Jungkook took Baekhyun’s hand and dragged him towards the others. “Let’s all enjoy this food”

Baekhyun sat in between Yoongi and Jimin, who were really eager with the meat Yoongi was cooking.

Hoseok was telling a funny story that happened the other day, while the other three just watched the others.

“Hyung, why are you crying?” Yoongi asked. Baekhyun was crying.

“Is something wrong? Are you hurt?” Jungkook asked.

“No, it’s just that.... I’m just so happy being here with you guys. I really appreciate everything you’ve done. You’ve been nothing but kind to me and it really makes me very glad.”

The worry in their faces were replaced with a sign of relief.

“No problem hyung” Jimin said. “You’ve been nothing but a blessing to us.”

“You’re like a puppy, we want to take care of you.” Namjoon said.

And they were really happy having him around, especially one of them. In an instant, Seokjin suddenly had this idea.

“How about we buy some soju for us to drink?” He said. “You do drink right?” Baekhyun nodded.

“But you guys have a schedule tomorrow.” Baekhyun said. “Of course I want you guys to be fully recharged for a long day ahead.”

“We’ll be fine hyung” Taehyung said. “Come on! It’s been a while since we last drank.”

“Are you okay with this Namjoon?” Of course, Baekhyun asked the leader.

“I was going to suggest that actually. Me and Hoseok here will buy the Soju and princess here will buy the extra meat.”

“Hey!” Seokjin shouted, smacking Namjoon. “Loving the colour pink does not make me a princess.” But of course, it did.

“Can I come too?” Taehyung asked. Seokjin nodded and the said members stood up.

The others got changed into more comfortable clothes before heading out for the nearest store.

“I’ll go take a quick shower first” Jimin stood up and rushed to his room.

“So, how was living with eleven other guys hyung?” Yoongi asked. “I mean, we’re seven in this dorm but it’s already a riot, what more with eleven right?”

“Yeah, it can be messy. But I guess you’ll get used to it.”

“Was it true that you guys shared shower time?” Yoongi asked bluntly, making Jungkook a bit embarrassed with the question.

“Well, we did actually. I usually shared with Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said. For some reason, mentioning Chanyeol’s name, or any name from EXO tasted bitter and felt a bit painful.

“So it means you saw...” Yoongi blushed and giggled.

“What?” Baekhyun suddenly realized why he was laughing and started to blush. “We did not do anything, seriously. If that’s what you’re thinking!”

“I’m not saying anything hyung” Yoongi said, still laughing. Oh how these erted thoughts clouded his mind. “Do you miss him hyung?”

“Maybe I do, not only him, but all of them.” Baekhyun admitted.

Jungkook, who felt very displeased, stood up and stormed to his room.

“What’s his problem?” Yoongi asked. Baekhyun stood up and followed him to the room.

“Kookie?”

Jungkook was sitting on his bed, back facing Baekhyun.

“Jungkook...” Baekhyun approached him and sat at the bed, but still having a small distance from him. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing” He said, but the way he said it meant something.

“Come on, tell me what’s wrong.” Baekhyun said, but he eventually sighed because Jungkook didn’t even spare him a glance. “Okay”

But before Baekhyun could reach the door, Jungkook spoke.

“Why do you miss them hyung? Why do you miss people who disregarded you?”

So that’s what been bothering him.

“Why do you still care for them even though they don’t care for you at all?”

“I don’t know” Baekhyun said. “I don’t really know Jungkook. But all I know is I’ve considered them as my second family, though I know it won’t do anything.”

“Why do you miss Chanyeol?” Jungkook’s tone was almost angry, jealous even.

“Because I love him Jungkook” That made Jungkook flinch. “And it hurts knowing that I can’t even hate him or move on.”

Jungkook suddenly approached him. His index finger traced Baekhyun’s jaw, slightly raising his head.

“Will you let me help you then?” He asked, wiping the tears away. Jungkook inched closer and closer until his lips met Baekhyun’s.

To Jungkook’s surprise, Baekhyun didn’t move an inch. Instead, he even responded to the kiss.

Baekhyun wasn’t sure of this, but he was sure that he was interested in Jungkook. And that was a start right?

Baekhyun felt that it was time that he did move on, from EXO, from the past, from Chanyeol.

And maybe, just maybe, Jungkook was the only person who can help him with that.

 

 

 

 

Here's the update yo! So don't get confused okay? Things are just starting. Listen to BTS's Miss Right! <3

Also, I've read somewhere that Kris and Chanyeol aren't feeling well, and Jongin got injured. I hope they get some rest.

Infinite will be returning with Last Romeo, I hope it's like The Chaser era, I loved that song and era <3

Thank youu! <3

AllHailMochi