03

The Domino Effect

[BREAKING] Byun Baekhyun leaves EXO because of health issues, EXO to still promote as 11-member group.

Chanyeol has been staring at that headline for quite some time now and he has been reading it over and over again too.

The article stated that SM released this morning of Baekhyun’s removal from the group because of his health.

But they all knew SM was lying.

Baekhyun didn’t leave, he was removed.

Because he slapped Sulli in the face.

And now that Chanyeol kept repeating it, it did sound so farfetched.

Baekhyun slapping Sulli. It did sound so weird.

He’s known Baekhyun for a very long time, and he was pretty sure Baekhyun can never do such a thing, but with what was happening, he wasn’t sure anymore.

Was Sulli lying?

Or was Baekhyun innocent all this time?

He doesn’t know, he’s not sure of anything anymore.

All he knows that EXO will never be the same without Baekhyun. He glanced at the empty bed next to him.

That used to his bed.

Chanyeol stood up and went to the said bed. He sat and took Baekhyun’s pillow.

This used to be his pillow.

His eyes fell on that stuffed animal of a cat Chanyeol named Baekie.

This used to be yours.

Chanyeol found himself drowning in used-to-be’s. Everything in this room reminded him of something Baekhyun. Being roommates, he knows a lot of things about Baekhyun.

But now, he’s gone.

All because of something he did.

Or something Chanyeol believed he really did.

He doesn’t know. Everyone’s lost right now and they were in the same state as Chanyeol, remembering what used to be when Baekhyun was around.

Why didn’t he try to stop Baekhyun?

Was this really necessary? Did he really have to be removed from the group? Was it really needed? What will happen to him now? Where will he go? Will he be alright?

All these questions revolved around Chanyeol’s mind, but as hard as he tried, he couldn’t find any answer.

EXO will still promote as an eleven member-group. He read some comments saying that they’ll be fine without Baekhyun, saying that Jongdae, Luhan and Kyungsoo can make up for his absence.

Some say that Baekhyun’s a big loss for EXO.

Most comments say something about bullying, that he was maltreated.

And the comments continued, but none of them were true or right even.

“Chanyeol”

“Yes Suho hyung?”

“We have a press-con later, about Baekhyun. Go get ready.” Chanyeol nodded. He stood up and took a quick shower.

After showering, he wore some proper clothes and went to the others. They all rode the van for their press-con.

Chanyeol could see the two maknae’s bitterness. They were the only two who actually tried to stop Baekhyun from leaving, and they were the only two who believed him.

They never gave Baekhyun the benefit of the doubt, but they quickly believed Sulli when she knocked on their door, crying and saying how Baekhyun physically hurt her.

Were they wrong to believe her that quickly?

Maybe they should’ve thought this through. But again, things were already done.

Baekhyun was gone, all because of one mistake.

---

Baekhyun found himself a good hotel. It didn’t cost that much, but the place was nice. As soon as he got settled in, he the TV, knowing that the group he used to be in would be having a press-con.

And as soon as he did, he already heard some reporters asking the members.

“What can you say about one of your members leaving?” A reporter asked. Suho, being the leader, answered first.

“This is such a big loss for us.” Lies. All lies. “But we support his decision.” You never supported me in any way.

“Are you sure there weren’t any bullying?” Another reporter asked. This time, Yi Fan answered.

“No, we’re all great friends, and we are a one big family.” Family? Really? “This is his decision, and health comes first, of course.”

Baekhyun could see Jongin and Sehun avoiding any eye contact, and it seems that they weren’t pretty happy to be there.

His phone suddenly vibrated. He took it out from his pocket and saw Jongin’s name on the screen.

Are you settled in hyung? Are you watching this stupid facade?

Jongin was texting, in the middle of a press-con. That was Kim Jongin for you.

I’m settled in actually. I found this cheap hotel. And yes, I’m watching. You should concentrate! Suho hyung has been glancing at your direction.

“What will happen to Baekhyun now?” The reporter asked.

“As far as we know, he would be resting for a while.” Suho said.

It was something Baekhyun couldn’t answer now, because even he doesn’t know what will happen to him now.

“Is there anything you would like to say to him?” Surprisingly, Chanyeol was the one to answer.

“We’ll miss you and if you need anything, you can always count on us.” Baekhyun pressed the power button, a bit harshly.

Lies. All lies.

He didn’t get any support from his second family. How can he believe anything they say now?

What’s done is done.

No one can turn back time.

From this day on, Baekhyun was just another normal person.

---

After their press-con, they made their way to SM. They needed to adjust everything now.

Because Baekhyun’s no longer with them, they have to adapt and adjust their choreography.

Luhan, Kyungsoo and Jongdae had to double their work especially Kyungsoo.

While they were in the midst of practicing, Jonghyun and Minho suddenly entered their practice room.

“How you guys doing?” Minho asked.

“Not really good” Suho said.

“I don’t think Baekhyun could do such a thing to Sulli.” Minho said, eyeing everyone.

“They told us everything, but we find it a bit off.” Jonghyun said. “Did you guys talk to Baekhyun about this?”

No, not all of them. They didn’t even try to hear his side of the story.

“Amber told us she saw everything” Yi Fan said.

“Well, we still find it off.” Jonghyun said. “Well, we better get going.”

“Good luck guys” Minho said before following Jonghyun.

Once they left, they went back to practice.

When the choreographer noticed that they weren’t in their game, he stopped the music.

“I think we should call it a day.” The choreographer sighed. “Let’s just start fresh tomorrow okay guys?” He stood up and went out of the room.

“Why didn’t you guys stop him?” Jongin asked. “Why didn’t anyone of you even try to hear him out?”

“Because he was wrong Jongin” Kyungsoo said. “He did something bad.”

“How can you easily believe her?” Sehun said. “What if she’s lying?”

“And what if she’s not?” Luhan asked this time. “We all know how you two feel, but it doesn’t change the fact that Baekhyun did something wrong.”

Sehun took his bag harshly. “So much for being one.” He stormed out of the room.

“You guys should’ve at least tried to listen to him. You should’ve seen him, he was broken. None of you gave him the benefit of the doubt.” Jongin took his bag and followed Sehun out.

The others were left thinking back at the practice room.

“Let’s just all go back to the dorm. We’re all tired.” Suho said. But before they can even leave, Yixing, the one who doesn’t talk much asked something.

“Why didn’t we stop him?”

---

Baekhyun has been receiving countless texts from Jongin and Sehun.

The two maknae’s have been checking up on him from time to time, asking if he already ate, if he’s safe, and if he needs anything.

The two have always been very clingy to Baekhyun, but he isn’t used to being treated like the maknae.

As soon as he got another message, he was sure it was from the two, but to his surprise, it was Amber. She was asking if they can talk, and Baekhyun found no harm in talking.

They decided to talk in the nearest cafe to his hotel.

Of course, disguises were still a must. Reporters would want to know more about him, since he left, when he was actually removed.

Amber was seating by the corner of the shop. Baekhyun ordered something before sitting down.

“Hey” Baekhyun casually said. “What’s up?”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know this would actually happen to you.”

“Why did you lie?”

“Was I that obvious?” Baekhyun nodded. “I sort of spilled to the others that you have a crush on Chanyeol.”

“And?”

“And Sulli got crazy jealous.”

“That doesn’t really explain why you lied.” Baekhyun said, pursing his lips.

“She knows my secret.”

“You don’t have to tell me Amber.” Baekhyun said, but she insisted.

“I have a relationship Soo Jung...”

“Oh...” Baekhyun knew Amber was boyish, but he never expected her to be gay as well. “So that’s why she asked you to lie?”

“She blackmailed me, saying that if I don’t support her lies, she’ll reveal my relationship with Soo Jung and we didn’t want that.”

Things got very clear for Baekhyun. At least he knew the truth, but what was the point now?

“I understand you Amber, no need to apologize anymore.”

“Why are you so kind Baek?” She asked. “Why can’t you get angry at people?”

“Because I understand you situation” He said. “So let’s just move on.”

“What about you? What will you do now?”

“I don’t know really. I mean, I can’t find a job right now because people might recognize me, so maybe I’ll take a break from things and start a new in the coming months.”

“I’m sorry you had to lose your job because of her. You should’ve really slapped her.” They both shared a laugh.

“Yeah, but you know I still can’t.” Baekhyun said. “Thanks Amber, thanks for telling me the truth.”

“I owe it to you Baekhyun. What about Chanyeol?”

“I better get a move on from him. Jongin and Sehun were the only ones who actually believed me. Funny right?”

“That’s sad. Do you want me to tell them?” Baekhyun shook his head.

“There’s no point anymore. Just let it be.” He said, smiling.

“Well, if you need anything, anything at all, do not hesitate to call me okay?” Baekhyun nodded.

“Thanks Amber”

“My pleasure Baek. I better go, we still have dance practice.” She stood up.

“Of course, I’ll finish my coffee first before leaving.”

“Take care of yourself okay?” Baekhyun nodded. With that, she left.

At least, Baekhyun knew he wasn’t lying. Telling the others won’t really do any justice, because it can never turn back time.

This was good.

 

 

 

So I really made this short, because this was a chapter for explanations only! Leave your comments okay?

I'm done spazzing over the Overdose MV lol, I got overdosed too.

AllHailMochi