09

The Domino Effect

As soon as Baekhyun ended the call, he quickly dragged Jungkook out of the dorm to accompany him to where Jongin was. He was worried, because whenever Jongin cried, it means that something’s wrong.

And as soon as they arrived there, they found Jongin as the spot he said. He was sitting on the ground, blankly staring at the sky.

“Kim Jongin, what’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked as soon as he got there. Jongin looked up to him and suddenly jumped on him for a hug.

“Hyung...”

“Tell me what’s wrong Jongin”

“Can we please talk back a where you’re staying at?” He asked. Baekhyun gave Jungkook a questioning expression. The latter found no harm in that, so they made their way back to the BTS dorm.

---

“Does anyone know where Jongin is?” Suho asked the group. “We’ll be eating dinner soon.”

The others shook their heads. Even Kyungsoo had no idea where he was, because after that accidental kiss, Jongin ran away.

Kyungsoo wasn’t even sure if the kiss was accidental or not. He tried telling himself that it was an accident, but every time he did, it would always end up being a real kiss.

No matter how he looked at it, Kyungsoo was sure it wasn’t by accident, but he kept fooling himself that it was. Jongin kissed him, but what did he do? He pushed him away.

He’s just confused. Kyungsoo kept repeating that to himself. Maybe Jongin was overwhelmed, that his emotions got the best of him.

But it’s been disturbing him, Jongin’s questions. Why was he so pissed every time the younger took Baekhyun’s side? What was wrong with that? He was just being a good friend but still, Kyungsoo finds it wrong. Jongin has a point, a very big one to be in fact, but Kyungsoo was having a hard to accept it.

Why? He doesn’t know.

Sehun suddenly appeared with his phone in hand.

“I know where he is” Sehun said.

“Where is he?” Yixing asked.

“Tell him it’s dinner time, and it’s getting late.” Chanyeol said.

“Well, he’s with Baekhyun hyung” Sehun said.

Kyungsoo got pissed all over again.

---

“You did what?” Baekhyun asked. “You kissed Kyungsoo?”

“I did...” Jongin said weakly.

“How on earth did you end up kissing him Jongin?” He asked. Jongin sighed and closed his eyes, lying on the bed he was sitting at.

“Well, we were sort of arguing” Baekhyun nodded. “And he kept insisting that I like you”

“What?” Baekhyun asked. “Why the hell would he think that?”

“Because he told me that I always take your side and- Bottom line, I kissed him and he got mad so I ran away okay?” Jongin buried his face on the pillow next to him.

“Why did you run away then?”

“I just need you hyung okay? I just need you to tell me that everything will be okay”

“Jongin, I-“ Baekhyun sat next to him. “I can’t assure you that everything will be okay, but things will get better eventually. Don’t expect Kyungsoo to be the same okay? Just don’t expect things to be the same.”

Jongin groaned but eventually agreed to Baekhyun.

“Can I please sleep here for a while?” Jongin said.

“Can he?” Baekhyun looked up to Jungkook.

“I can see no harm in that.” Jungkook said, smiling. Baekhyun smiled and thanked him.

“Wait, does anyone know you’re here?”

“I told Sehun I was with you, but not actually saying that I’m here.”

“That’s good then. So... how are the others?”

“Honestly, they’re having a hard time without you, but they still don’t believe you though.” Baekhyun chuckled and heaved a deep sigh.

“It’s fine”

“Aren’t you going to ask about Chanyeol?”

“No, no need. Just go to sleep Jongin. We’ll just accompany you home later.” Baekhyun ruffled Jongin’s messy hair and patted his shoulder.

Jongin thanked him before going to sleep. Baekhyun took Jungkook’s hand and they both went out of the room.

“Hey hyung”

“Yes Kookie?”

“Why didn’t you ask about Chanyeol?”

“Asking about him would only make things harder for me Kookie.” Baekhyun said. “This will make things easier for me.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure Jungkook” He said. “Besides, I have you now. You’ll protect me, right Kookie?”

“Of course hyung” Jungkook wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s waist and pulled him closer and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Don’t forget the house rules you two.” Seokjin shouted.

---

 After dinner, they all gathered in the living room to watch a random movie Luhan suggested.

This was how they relieved stress, and it was sad to think that they couldn’t even go out because of the deranged fans that might see them.

Kyungsoo, who was still feeling anxious, kept squirming in his seat, making the person next to him irritated.

“Stop moving Kyung, it’s disturbing.” Jongdae said.

“Sorry” Kyungsoo said.

Jongin was still nowhere to be found, and he was feeling guilty for the younger’s absence.

It was only a kiss, a kiss on the lips. Of course it was wrong, being they’re both guys and he’s not gay. That was something Kyungsoo kept assuring himself, he was straight as a pole. Actually, out of the group, Kyungsoo thought it was Luhan who’ll be coming out, but instead, it was Baekhyun.

Thinking about it now, how can Baekhyun even fall in love with the same gender? How can he fall in love with Chanyeol? As far as he knows, the happy virus loved doing fan service, but it was always just for fan service, but in real life, Chanyeol is innocent yet manly at the same time.

Does Jongin like him too? Is that why he kissed him? Jongin was always clingy, but he never really expected him to be gay, especially for him. Maybe he took KaiSoo a bit too much, and why was Kyungsoo the bottom of the OTP?

And now he realized that he was wasting his time thinking about these useless things.

The silence in the room was broken with a knock on the front door, so Suho stood up to check. He slowly walked back with an uneasy expression plastered on his face.

“Who was it Joonmyeon?” Yi Fan asked.

“It’s Jongin” He said, making Kyungsoo flinch.

“Then what’s with that-“ Yi Fan and the others realized why.

“Hey” Baekhyun said. The others just stared at him, still a bit surprised to see him. “I just accompanied Jongin here.”

“Baekhyun...” Yi Fan mumbled.

“Hyung!” Sehun shouted, he ran towards him and hugged him. “I missed you hyung.”

“I missed you too Sehun” He said, lightly chuckling. “Well, we better get going.”

“We?” Luhan asked. Baekhyun nodded and dragged Jungkook to where he was standing.

“Hello hyungs” Jungkook bowed and gave them a small smile. “I’m Jungkook.”

“You came here with him?” Yi Fan asked. Baekhyun nodded.

“We better get going now” Baekhyun said, still not letting go of Jungkook’s hand and he guess he won’t until further notice. Jungkook, who could feel Baekhyun shaking, held on the hand tighter, assuring him that he was there.

“Wait, Baek” Yi Fan said. “Where are you going?”

“I’m going home” He said. But where was home? “We really should be going. Sehun, don’t forget to take those vitamins okay? And you, Kim Jongin, should eat more vegetables and take a good night sleep.”

Jongin and Sehun gave Baekhyun one last hug before letting him go.

“Take care of him for us, okay Jungkook?” Jongin said. Jungkook nodded and gave Jongin a smile.

“I will, don’t worry.” With that, the two left.

“I’ll go rest now” Jongin said. He quickly ran to his room and avoided any questions.

Chanyeol, who was still in a state of shock, couldn’t believe it. He found himself standing up. Suho asked where he was going, but Chanyeol was already out the door.

Jungkook and Baekhyun were already inside the taxi and soon, it drove off. Why did Chanyeol follow them? Why?

But one thing’s for sure, seeing Baekhyun in one piece gave him some piece of mind. At least Baekhyun was safe and he was relieved.

But, that person he was with, Jungkook. What did Jongin mean by ‘take care of him’? Did that mean that he was living with him, with BTS? What was Jungkook to Baekhyun and vice versa? What will happen to Baekhyun now?

Still confused, he went back inside of their dorm with a heavy heart.

---

Baekhyun hasn’t been living with them for that long, but Jungkook can see when Baekhyun’s lying.

Maybe the other was too transparent for him not to know. That was a good thing right? It means he doesn’t hide anything.

So maybe, Baekhyun wouldn’t really mind answering Jungkook’s questions.

“Hey hyung” Baekhyun hummed. “You okay?”

“Honestly?” He asked. With that said, Jungkook knew Baekhyun wasn’t okay. “I’m not.”

“I know, sorry for the stupid question.”

“Am I that transparent?” Jungkook nodded, making Baekhyun chuckle. “I even saw Chanyeol” He shook his head and heaved a familiar sigh.

“You still like him don’t you?”

“Please don’t hate me Kookie.”

“No, no. I understand you hyung, I mean, it will take time. That I know.” Jungkook said. “I just hope you find it in yourself to move-on.”

“Will you give me a little more time?”

“Of course hyung, I’ll give you all the time you need.” Jungkook said, giving Baekhyun his signature smile.

The two stood in front of the front door. Jungkook twisted the door knob and entered with Baekhyun. They were in the front door when Jungkook realized someone else was in the dorm.

Jungkook quickly tried to drag Baekhyun out of the room, but he was too late.

“You guys have a lot of explaining to do.” Baekhyun and Jungkook gulped while the others stayed at the living room.

Today was just not Baekhyun’s day.

---

Kyungsoo didn’t want to go to sleep, because if he sleeps, he needs to go to his room and if he does, he’ll see Jongin, who was his roommate.

But of course, with Suho’s persistence, he had to go to bed, mainly because they have a long day ahead of them tomorrow. He had no choice but to go to his shared room. He quietly twisted the door know, not wanting to gain any attention from his roommate.

But then Kyungsoo realized, he didn’t do anything wrong here. And this was also his room.

He shrugged and opened the door casually and to his surprise, Jongin was still awake, tapping his gadget. It seems like the younger was playing some random mobile game.

And it seems Jongin didn’t mind his presence, so Kyungsoo acted indifferent and went on. He threw himself to bed and casually checked on his phone, trying to look for something he can do because heck, it was only 8:30 and Suho was already asking them to sleep. It’s not like they had normal body clocks.

Kyungsoo eventually got bored of playing with his phone. He placed the phone on top of the table next to his bed and stared at the ceiling, but later, he found himself glancing at Jongin, who was still busy playing with his tablet.

Should I apologize? Kyungsoo asked but he shook his head, thinking that he didn’t do anything.

So, he decided to try and get some sleep.

He’ll be better tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

So here's the update guys! Things will get a bit exciting soon... drama maybe? Lol Saranghae!!

Try to listen to Love is.... The Heirs OST better if it's the acoustic version!