12

The Domino Effect

Eleven months.

Eleven months and counting.

Baekhyun waited for this moment.

He got into Big Hit Entertainment and now, he was about to comeback, no, debut as the newly improved Baekhyun."

"Are you excited hyung?" Yoongi asked.

"Why wouldn't he be?" Seokjin interrupted. "He's been waiting for this moment."

And the eldest of the group was right, he has been waiting for this.

"We're sorry if we can't be there eomma" Taehyung said, resting his head on the crook of Baekhyun's neck. The latter let out a small chuckle and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"It's fine Taehyung, you guys have a fan signing event."

Jungkook pushed Taehyung away and took Baekhyun in his arms.

"Stop calling him that" He said, eyeing Taehyung.

"What's wrong with being his mom Kookie?" Baekhyun playfully asked.

"And you know that Daehyun is the da-"

"Don't even say it." Jungkook said, shooting death glares at Taehyung.

"Stop it you two" Baekhyun said. "And stop being jealous of Daehyun."

Jungkook snorted and rolled his eyes. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

"I will never be jealous of him." Baekhyun rolled his eyes this time and pinched Jungkook's cheek. He always loved a jealous Jungkook.

"How can I even say yes to you if you easily get jealous?" Baekhyun said, making the other blush while the other members giggling.

"When are you going to make it official hyung?" Jimin asked.

"I don't know" Baekhyun said, pouting his lips. "Soon maybe? Jungkook is very persistent."

"Well you can't make KOOKIES without BAEKing them right?" The others in the van rolled their eyes and shook their heads.

This was Baekhyun's new family.

Was he able to get over things? Sort of. Even if a lot of things done and words unsaid, it was safe to say that he was happy.

As for Chanyeol? He will always have a special place in his heart, but not as strong as before and none of it matters anymore. Let the past be the past.

"Hyung, we're here." Hoseok said, grinning like an idiot.

"Alright you two love birds, break it up." Their said, eyeing Baekhyun and Jungkook. "I'll pick you up after the show okay? We won't be going down, because we're running a little late."

"It's fine hyung. Thanks for the ride." He unbuckled his seatbelt and took a deep breath.

"Good luck hyung" Namjoon said.

Jungkook took Baekhyun's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, making Baekhyun ease up a bit.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Baekhyun nodded.

"Thanks" He gave Jungkook a peck on the cheek before exiting the van. The door closed and soon, it drove off.

Baekhyun entered the building with nervous steps. He missed this kind of feeling. He was going to be a regular MC and today, he's going to perform with Ailee.

And Ailee's song was the perfect message he wanted to say.

He was sure his singing got better.

As he walked alone towarda the dressing room, he felt the stares of the people around him, murmuring things Baekhyun couldn't understand or maybe because he wasn't really paying attention. He walked passed a door. Fans were screaming and he was sure why. The group that was rehearsing-

They haven't changed a bit.

He chuckled and went ahead. He was here mainly as an MC, alongside with Suho. The EXO leader has been waiting for this kind of opportunity, but Baekhyun was surprised that Suho was allowed by SM to be such.

As he neared the area he needed to be, he spotted a group of fans by the door. He thought he was gonna get thru without any problems, but he thought othetwise.

"Wait, isn't that Baekhyun oppa?" A girl said, nudging her friend next to her.

"It is!" The other girl exclaimed, gaining some attention. "Oppa!"

Baekhyun couldn't supress his smile, he was actually relieved that he wasn't forgotten. But how can they forget? He was Byun Baekhyun, former EXO member.

"Hello" Baekhyun said politely.

"Are you going to perform oppa?" The first one asked. Baekhyun smiled and gave them a wink, making the two giggle.

"You'll have to find out for yourselves" He said.

"Can we have a selca with you oppa?" Baekhyun nodded. Being the taller among the three, he offered to the take the picture.

1...2...3... Click!

"Thanks oppa" The second girl said.

"No problem" Baekhyun suddenly had an idea. "Can we have another picture?  Using my phone this time."

The two girls nodded. He took out his phone and took the picture. He wanted to remember this moment.

"What are your names?"

"I'm Hana and she's Yeul"

"Well thank you Hana ans Yeul for making my day happier. I need to go now." He said. The two girls waved at the walking Baekhyun and pumped their fists.

"It's good to see you again oppa!" Hana shouted.

"We'll see you later!"

It's good to be back.

"There you are" Ailee said, meeting him halfway.

"Sorry. I got a little lost so-"

"It's fine Baek, come on. Let's get you dressed. We'll be rehearsing soon."

---

After getting dolled up, the two made their way to the stage. EXO just finished their rehearsal. The girl who handled everything backstage gave Baekhyun some pointers. Ailee would sing until after the first chorus, after that, he'll make his appearance and sing the parts based on how they agreed on it.

Ailee walked on stage, and soon the music started.

Baekhyun was nervous, this was his appearance after long months of training and having a duet with Ailee added to that.

He was excited. Of course he wanted to show everyone how much he's changed and improved.

The startes to count with her fingers, and soon, she gave the cue. The doors slided in opposite directions, revealing him in the process. He started to sing as soon as he walked. This was just rehearsal, but Baekhyun gave it his all.

Halfway their performance, he saw him. He hasn't changed, not one bit. Though his hair color did, which was dyed to a light shade of brown but the rest was still the same. Round eyes, tall stature, just like Baekhyun remembered him.

Chanyeol.

The performance ended. Ailee and Baekhyun linked hands, before giving a bow.

Chanyeol waa still there, Baekhyun was sure he was looking at him. Their eyes locked and he wasn't sure why Chanyeol doesn't look away. They found themselves only a meter apart. Ailee went ahead, leaving Baekhyun with Chanyeol.

"Hey" Baekhyun said, giving Chanyeol a small smile.

"Hey" The taller said back. Baekhyun wasn't sure why Chanyeol was looking at him in a weird way, but he didn't bother to ask anymore. Seeing that Chanyeol wasn't gonna talk anytime soon, he sighed.

"Well, I need to go Chanyeol" Baekhyun said, giving him a small smile. He walked past Chanyeol, but the latter suddenly called his attention.

"Baekhyun" Baekhyun raised both eyebrows and ignored the slight chills that went down his spine. "It's nice to see you again."

But instead of answering, he just nodded and went on his way. Maybe seeing Chanyeol, or even the others wasn't a comfortable idea, but he had to be professional.

He had to get over it.

He went back to the dressing room. He pouted when he found no one inside. Where was Ailee? He sighed and flopped himself on the couch. He took out his phone, because he was missing someone's voice. After three rings, the person answered.

"Hey, anything wrong?"

"Not really, I just missed your voice. I just finished rehearsals."

"Oh, well how did that go?"

"Awesome" The two of them shared a quick laugh but soon died down into a comfortable silence. Silence that they shared, something they were familiar with. "I wish you're here Kookie, it's getting lonely."

"I wish I was there too Baek" He suddenly heard someone call Jungkook.

"You should go Kookie, the manager's calling for you."

"I'll see you later okay?" Baekhyun hummed. "'Til then, don't miss me too much."

"Whatever, bye Kookie."

Baekhyun sighed. He missed Jungkook.

A knock was heard, and soon, a person came in. It was the girl in charge of everything.

"Hey Baekhyun. I need you to come with me, because I need to give your script." She said. Baekhyun nodded and followed her out.

Meter away, Baekhyun could see another familiar person.

Suho.

They were partners of course, so they had to practice. Though Baekhyun wasn't sure how to make things less awkward. They stopped walking. She took the cue cards from the guy next to Suho and handed it to both of them.

"So I know you guys are well acquainted." She said. "The show will start in an hour, so if you want, you guys can practice."

She patted both of their backs and left with the guy who held the cue cards. For a moment, the two just exchanged unsure looks. Of course, Baekhyun knew it would be awkward, but why does it have to be anyway? He's known the older for a long time, so why was it awkward. But he suddenly realized why. Oh right, they think I slapped Sulli. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head. Better get things over with.

"Hey hyung" Baekhyun said. "It's nice to see you again."

"Hey Baekhyun" He said, but not really looking at him.

Baekhyun suggested that they practice at his shared dressing room with Ailee which Suho gladly accepted. There was still no one inside the room, someting that disappointed Baekhyun. Having someone in the room would lessen the tension. It couldn't be helped, but they needed to start. They started going through the script. At first, it was understandable for them to be a bit unsteady, but it continued as they went on. Baekhyun was also new to this, but he was sure that Suho was avoiding all interactions he tried.

"Okay" Baekhyun said, not sure where his boldness was coming from. "I know you find this awkward hyung, and let me say that the feeling is mutual. But this is not only my debut as an MC, its also yours."

Baekhyun was happy that his boldness came at the right time, seeing Suho nod unconsciously but he also made sure not to say anything that's too personal.

"Maybe you can set everything aside for a moment, for the sake of the show. I mean, we're awkward but let's be professional, okay hyung?"

"I'm sorry Baek" Suho said. "I'm really sorry"

Baekhyun wasn't sure what the older actually meant. He just nodded without saying anything.

"Let's take it from the top hyung."

 

 

So here's the complete chapter. Anyways, please enjoy!