01

The Domino Effect

“And the winner is, EXO! Congratulations!” The MC announced.

This has been the trend, actually.

Suho gave a short speech, then Kris, and then Chanyeol. After this, they all went back to their dressing room and sat down on anything they could sit on.

 “Great job everyone” Suho announced. “We all did great.”

“Can we go home now manager hyung?” Sehun asked.

“I’m sorry, but you guys are needed at the agency right now. It’s important.” Their manager said in a very serious tone.

This made them all worry. Did they do something wrong? Was there a problem? Is everything alright? These questions circulated around their minds.

“Let’s just all go the van”

---

As they approached the building, Suho and Kris were the most nervous ones. Being the leaders of the pack, whatever they did wrong, they are the one who need to accept full responsibility.

The two vans stopped in front of the buildings, and as expected, fans were there too. One by one, they quickly stepped out of the vehicle. The managers and three more guards had to make a way for them to enter the building.

And in that instance, a fan suddenly got a hold of someone’s shirt, and that someone was Baekhyun. She started to pull him closer to her, making Baekhyun struggle and feel uncomfortable.

But to his aid, Chanyeol came. He gently took Baekhyun from the fan and held onto Baekhyun until they reach the elevator.

“You okay Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun nodded, still a bit speechless with what had happened. Plus, Chanyeol was still holding him.

Baekhyun tensed up. He couldn’t deny it anymore, he was really attracted to the person.

At first, he tried to deny it, but he guessed that there’s no use anymore.

He liked Chanyeol.

And he blames Chanyeol for being a fan service maniac.

On or off stage, Chanyeol is Chanyeol.

He’s very touchy, very loud, and very happy to be with.

He’s a happy virus.

“Baek, you okay? You seem spaced out. Is there something on my face?” Chanyeol asked, noticing that Baekhyun was literally gazing at him.

“Nothing, nothing. I’m just tired and there was a fly on your face, it left now.” Nice save Baekhyun, really suave.

But it was cute, the way Chanyeol swatted the area near his face. This made Baekhyun giggle.

The elevator stopped, doors moving to the sides. They nervously followed their manager.

They were rarely called for anything, except when it’s work related.

Their manager opened the door, and they all entered with nervous feelings.

But as soon as they entered, confetti’s popped, streamers flew everywhere and people were shouting surprise, and were actually clapping at them.

Now they were just confused.

One minute, they were walking the hallway with feeling of uneasiness, and the next minute, they were in a room full of people who were congratulating them.

“I’m confused” Yixing said.

“What is happening?” Kris asked.

“What is this for?” Suho added.

“Well, you guys have been working so hard, too hard actually.” Donghae, their senior, said.

“We decided to throw you guys a party since you deserve it.” Siwon said.

“You guys need to take a break, really.” Taeyeon said.

“Now, come on and let’s eat!” Sooyoung shouted.

It took a while before the EXO members realized what was actually happening, and when they did, they joined their seniors in eating and celebrating.

Because the event was for them, they have the privilege to line up first at the buffet table, which they enjoyed very much.

“Here you go Baek” Chanyeol handed a plate to Baekhyun.

“Thanks Chanyeol”

They would stop from time to time to get some food and when they got what they wanted, they all sat in one area.

This night was dedicated to their hard work, and they wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

Shindong took a spoon, raised his wine glass and lightly tapped it.

“Let us all raise our glasses for EXO, congratulations kids. You’re all growing up.” He said. The others raised their glasses. “Cheers!”

“Cheers!” The others shouted. Shindong sat back down and went back to eating.

F(x), their seniors, came up to them.

“Hey guys, congratulations on the win!” Luna said, patting the backs of the nearest members to her.

“Great job, you should still treat us besides this.” Amber said.

“Oh stop it, let them eat first.” Krystal said, dragging the others away. Chanyeol’s eyes suddenly met Sulli’s, making the latter blush.

“Sulli, come on!” Victoria shouted. Sulli gave Chanyeol one last look before leaving.

“Why don’t you two just talk to each other?” Kris asked. “She definitely likes you Chanyeol.”

“Yeah Yeol, she was totally flirting with you.” Jongdae said. Baekhyun wasn’t really comfortable with this, but did he have a choice? No, because he has no right to feel this.

And to Baekhyun’s dismay, Chanyeol was actually blushing and said that he’s thinking of talking to her a little later.

Baekhyun doesn’t know if the others know about this, but he already saw what Sulli was like.

The only thing he can say is never to get on her bad side, because she has a very short temper and Baekhyun thinks he’s the only member who has seen this side of her.

“Hey Baek, want me to go get you some dessert?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun shook his head and stood up.

“No, no. Let me, please excuse me.” Some members also stood up to get some more food, while some went off to talk to the other artists.

Baekhyun thought he was only gone for a short while, like a couple of minutes, but as soon as he came back, Sulli was already sitting at her place, talking to Chanyeol.

They were laughing about some random thing Chanyeol said and it seemed that his best friend enjoyed talking to her.

Who was he anyway? He wasn’t Chanyeol’s lover, he was just a best friend. A guy for the very least.

How can Baekhyun compete with something like that?

“Hey Baek”

“Oh my god you scared me Amber” Baekhyun said.

“Whatcha doing standing here?” She asked.

“Nothing, I went to get some dessert.” Amber chuckled and shook her head.

“I know you like Chanyeol stupid, you’re way too obvious.” Amber bluntly said. “And by the way you’re blushing, I know I’m right.”

“Don’t tell anyone please?” Baekhyun pleaded.

“Of course Baek. I knew that sooner or later one of you would fall for the other.”

“I hate this feeling actually.” Baekhyun said. “I feel so helpless.”

“I guess you never tried confessing huh?” Baekhyun shook his head.

“Chanyeol’s straight Amber, he’s not like me.”

“You describe yourself as if you’re so different, but you’re not. You’re just in love.” Amber said, draping an arm around Baekhyun. “I won’t tell anyone, promise.”

“Thanks Amber”

“No problem Baek. Let me take you somewhere else. I mean, knowing your current situation, I know it’s hard to see something like this.”

Amber was right, it was hard seeing something like this. But in some masochistic way, Baekhyun got used to it.

After a while, the party got a bit more intense. People actually started to drink now and there was loud music playing, making everyone dance to the upbeat tunes.

Most of the people in the room were a bit tipsy by now, and most of the EXO members were already drunk. If not, they were getting there.

Even Baekhyun, who is not really fond of drinking, ended up taking in so much. He was having a good time, despite the fact that Chanyeol and Sulli were inseparable.

And maybe that’s why Baekhyun’s doing this.

A punishment? Not really. More like an outlet.

This was his way of releasing everything.

Stress, fatigue, his overly emotional feelings, everything.

But he kept a reminder on his head, a sticky note of some sort.

NEVER GET DRUNK AND TELL CHANYEOL EVERYTHING.

But he couldn’t help drinking, so he decided to stay far away from Chanyeol, as far as possible.

He made sure he was always 10 people away from him, and right now, he was actually 12 people away from him.

And he was thankful that Amber was there, because she gave Baekhyun a very good time.

“I don’t like Sulli for Chanyeol” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah, if only he knew what she was actually like.” Amber said. “Don’t get me wrong, she’s very professional, but that doesn’t scratch the fact that she isn’t very nice.”

“Finally! Someone who agrees with me!” Baekhyun shouted, wrapping an arm on Amber’s shoulder.

“But no one would believe us, because she looks so nice.” She added.

“If I were a girl, I would totally slap her in my dreams.” Baekhyun said, with Amber laughing back.

“Nah, she isn’t worth it.”

“Yeah well, I’m just all talk here you know. I can never really hurt anyone, not even in my mind.”

“That’s you Baekhyun, goodie-two-shoes Byun Baekhyun.”

They both laughed and continued to dance.

---

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes and groaned at his massive headache.

He couldn’t even remember how he got to his room. All he knows is that he had a very good time last night.

He chuckled softly as images of last night’s party flashed through his mind. His eyes scanned the room, and none of his roommates were in the room.

Where are they? Today’s a free day right? Baekhyun stood up and went out of the room.

He stopped when he heard people in the living room, and it seems that one of them was a girl. He walked in to the living room and gained everyone’s attention.

Their stares were more like arrows, piercing through him.

“What’s going on?” Baekhyun asked.

“You tell us Baek” Suho said. “She told us what you did last night.” Baekhyun’s eyes fell on Sulli and Amber.

Sulli was crying.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked.

“Stop acting innocent and stupid Baekhyun” Chanyeol said, standing up, pushing him to the wall. “Why did you slap her?”

“Slap her?” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol harshly. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“She told us you slapped her last night” Yi Fan said. “And Amber here said she saw everything too.”

“And Sehun heard you saying something that you wanted to slap Sulli.”

“If I were a girl, I would totally slap her in my dreams.” Baekhyun remembered saying something about slapping her, but only if he was a girl, and it was only in his dreams.

“I was with Amber the whole time” Baekhyun protested. “Amber, tell them!” But Amber looked away and sighed.

“I saw him, he slapped her.” But Baekhyun could feel the lie in what Amber said. The way she said it was so forced but it seems that everyone in the room believes her.

“She’s lying!” Baekhyun shouted. “Why would I even slap her?”

“Because you have this disgusting crush on me Baekhyun, and you got jealous last night. Amber told us everything Baek.”

Disgusting?

“It’s true, I do have this crush on you, but I never, in a million years, slapped her or will do anything to hurt her.”

“Stop lying Baekhyun, please.” Sulli said, pleading.

The nerve of this girl.

“I have nothing to tell, because I didn’t do anything!” Baekhyun shouted.

“Can I please have a word with Baekhyun alone?” Sulli suddenly asked.

“No, he might do something.” Chanyeol said, ignoring Baekhyun.

“Please?”

“Fine, you can talk in our room, but don’t lock the door okay?” Chanyeol asked. Sulli nodded and walked to the room. “Don’t try anything stupid Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and followed her inside. This was getting so out of hand that Baekhyun was getting tired of defending himself from something he didn’t even do.

“Let’s get this straight, I didn’t do anything last night.”

“I know”

“Last night was- Wait what? You know?” She nodded. “You mean you’ve been making this whole thing up?” She nodded again. “Why the hell would you do this?”

“Because I like Chanyeol, and when I learned from Amber that you liked him too, I got crazy jealous.”

“What the hell...”

“Chanyeol likes me too. It’s only a matter of time before we become a couple.”

“Then what does this have to do with me?” She stood up and started to slowly circle the room.

“Because, I feel that Chanyeol likes you too. He kept glancing at you and when he saw that you were having a good time with Amber, I think he got jealous.”

“He was?”

“Don’t flatter yourself too much. They believe me, not you. And soon, you’ll be out of the picture.” Sulli smirked and gently tapped Baekhyun’s cheek. “I’ve always known that you’re gay, I’ll see you later”

What does she mean by that?

She walked out of the room, leaving a very confused Baekhyun.

 

 

 

I never realized that the first chapter was so intense already. So much has already happened.... should I even continue this?