Chapter 12

What was that?

 

I was coughing so hard because of the coffee went inside my nostril when I heard someone’s calling my name, a familiar voice indeed. I don’t remember if I ever have a friend around this place since I rarely came here before. My eyes become blurry with the tears forming around the rims and I tried to focus my eyes on the direction of the voice. I can’t believe my own eyes because I’m seeing my mysterious Pie standing right in front of the florist shop.

 

 

“Kim…. Is that you?”

 

 

My mind still has doubt on my own eyes. I stare blankly to the figure that walking straight to me now. I stand still at my spot and try to blink my eyes. I wonder if the figure in front of me now is just my hallucination. Part of my mind telling me it’s just my imagination.

 

 

“Kim….”

“………”

“Kim, are you okay?”

“………”

“What are you doing here?”

“P-pie….?”

“Yes Kim?”

“Pie…. Is that really you?”

“Well, that’s my name.”

“Is that really you?”

“Are you blind now Kim?” Is all she said while smacking once on my head.

“I-I was only wondering if you’re real.”

“Oh… Then, what about this?” She pinches both of my cheeks and slap hard on my face.

“Hey! What’s that for?” Gosssshhhh… This girl isn’t just a dream of course since it is really pain on my cheeks! I wonder what she ate daily. Her face may look so calm and angelic but mind you, that really hurts okay! What a brutal girl.

“So, do I look real to you now?”

“Wow! Your glares can make me die in instants.”

“So, what brings you here?”

“I was just wandering around this place.”

“Okay then.”

“Do you live here?”

“I am.”

“I never saw you here before.”

“Yeah... I rarely go out on day time.”

“Yeah… Me too.” There comes the silence and awkward time. We both try to find the right words to say but end up being silent.

“So…” We said it at the same time and our eyes meet for the first time.

“Y-you say it first.”

“No. You first.”

“Well, are you free now?” Yup, I can’t believe I said that.

“Ermm… I guess so.”

“Uh… W-would you like to have a coffee?”

“Yes, why not?”

“Well, I guess you should lead the way since I don’t really know the place.”

“Okay, but let me get my purse first. Is it okay?”

“Of course!” I said almost yelling in excitement.

“Okay then, I will be right back in a while.”

 

 

She turns her back and entered the flower shop. My eyes escorting her movements and I can’t stop smiling like an idiot. Finally, I met her for real! I scratch my non itchy neck and throw my fist on the air like a boss! Jyeahhhhh….  

 

 

We walk side by side to the nearest coffee shop in silence. I want to talk but my throat seems to lose its voice due to the extreme excitement. I can feel my palms covered in sweats. I tried to calm myself, afraid to show her my nervousness.

 

 

We settled ourselves on the seats next to a window. The position is facing each other. I can see clearly her beautiful face and sweet smiles. She looks so calm and stunning while I may look like an idiot now almost drooling over her flawless skins. Maybe I can rest myself in peace after this.

 

 

She writes something on the order sheet after browsing the menu. A moment later, a waitress comes to take our orders. I tried to focus my eyes on the menu since she had finished ordering hers and eyeing me waiting for mine. I ordered for warm black coffee and a slice of black forest cake. The waitress nods her head and smile sweetly at me then head straight to the counter.

 

 

My entire mind struggling to find a word to break the awkward atmosphere. I rubs my palms on my pants to get rid the sweats and throwing some glances at her only get caught by her smiling eyes. ! That is totally an embarrassing moment!

 

 

“So Kim, how are you?”

“Uh… I-I am fine. How about you?”

“Very well. How’s your life?”

“Great. How about yours?” Damn! That is the biggest lie I made in my entire life! You should see me before today Pie. I was wasted and really messed up looking for you everywhere.

“I’m glad to hear that. You look slightly skinnier than last time I saw you.”

“Yeah… I work out sometimes to lose some weights.”

“Really? But you’re not even closed to obese.”

“Yeah… You’re absolutely right!” By saying that, I laughed hysterically in hope she will not caught me lying.

“You’re weird. Are you some kind of bipolar?” She looks at me intently and giggled.

“No! Huh, yeah! No, no, no.” Oh God! What am I talking about? I guess I’ve made a bad impression this time.

“Really Kim, you’re freaking me out.”

“I-I’m so sorry.” I hang my head low. I feel dumb and stupid at my own answer. Remind me to punch myself later.

“Is it your day off?”

“Yeah… My boss gives me a day off to clear my mind.”

 “Oh, why? Are you having any problems?”

“Not at all. I just… Well, nothing actually. Just feels like want to skip working today.”

“Good then. By the way, I’m so sorry I left your house that day. I don’t mean to be rude to you.”

 “It’s okay Pie.”

“Well, is your offer still on?”

“Sorry, what?”

“I mean your offer. Last time you offered me to do something.”

“Huh? Did I?”

“Never mind Kim. Maybe next time. I think you forgot about it already.”

“Ermm… Do you mind to help me refresh my mind?”

 

 

Seriously, did I offer her something because I really can’t remember our last conversation other than the goodbyes and the hot make out? Hey, hey, I’m not that ert okay! It’s just I tend to forget things lately because my mind only occupied by her beautiful face and the determination to find her.

 

 

“Well, last time you asked me out but I turn you down because I was kind of in rush. I was thinking maybe I can, I mean we can make it today?”

“REALLY? ARE YOU SERIOUS? CAN WE?”

“Hey, there’s no need to yell. I’m not deaf.” I mentally face-palm myself on how stupid I’ve behaved.

“I’m so sorry Pie.”

“It’s okay Kim. So, shall we?”

“Yes but don’t you need to inform your boyfriend maybe? I don’t want anybody killing me for taking you out.” I let out my awkward laugh trying to act cool with what I just said.

“Do you think so? Should I?” So, you do have a boyfriend. Huh… I guess I’m a little too late for you Pie.

“Yeah…” Pretending is my game now.

“Okay then. I should excuse myself for a while. I need to make a call.”

“Yes you may. Please take your time.”

 

 

I quickly stand up and walk to the counter to pay. I keep my eyes on her and saw she’s talking sweetly sometimes giggling on the phone. Maybe, informing her boyfriend. I wish we can talk like that Pie. I feel so weak and my legs become like jelly knowing she belongs to someone already. Maybe this is the checkmate to my journey of finding my princess. Should I leave or stay?

 

 

****************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

Hey there… Sorry to keep you all waiting. I know I’m such a bad author. Making and breaking my own promise. So, here’s another update. I know it’s not good. I’m planning on ending this story soon. Few more chapters I guess. So please, let me know on how it should be in the end. Mind you, I’m bad at writing fluff. Angst ending perhaps?