Back to a Time

Sovereign Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1: Back to a Time

 

2014

I sat on my favorite spot in this cafe, a beautiful corner at the outdoor area. From this place I could see the river, the birds flying, the people passing by, and this was what I love the most, I could feel the wind.

“Mmm.. the wind is just perfect..”.

A bit cold, since it was autumn, but it could be matched with the heat of a cup of Vanilla Latte. I sipped the Latte and started to read again. Well, it can’t be said I was reading, because sometimes I only looked at those DNA and RNA structures, the replication and repairs, turning one page to the next.. Haha, maybe I took the wrong book. But actually this book was a part of my disguise. Yeah, I didn’t want people knew that I was lonely. Just looked at the surrounding, they were in pairs or even a group. But me, I was talking with myself. Oh no, I was talking with you, my book. Haha.

“Bang Minaaah...” a woman who just came, shouted that name.

“Oh! Na Cheorom...” another woman who sat in group realized and got up from her chair and approached that woman.

They were hugging each other and one of them said, “Long time no see... Aaah, I didn’t expect to meet you here..”

“Yeah, me too... Come on I introduce you to my colleagues..”

That conversation reminded me of something. You never expected what will happened in your life, you never expected who will come and go by, you never expected how it will end. You thought you had a power to control it, but you do not. And then you found yourself helpless. That was happened to me.

 

My name is Oh Wangbi. You know what the meaning of Wangbi? Wangbi means a queen. My parents had plan to have only one child. Since the baby born was a girl, they named me Wangbi. As the meaning of my name, I am the queen in my house. My parents only focused on me, fulfilled all my needs. They raised me with the concept of Brain, Beauty, and Behavior. Hahaha. Maybe, I was a bit exaggerated but that words were the best when I used to describe how I grow up.

I constantly became 1st rank at school, I was smart, pretty, and quite popular, people even called me Queen Bee. But actually my behavior was . I found myself a little bit cocky, a little bit not sensitive, didn’t have empathy or sympathy.

Until something happened. This was the beginning of everything..

 

1st Day in High School, 2005

Everything should have rules, scheduled, and arranged neatly. But today, I was late, in my 1st day in high school. Tsk Tsk. If only there was not a sudden visit from my crazy cousin last night, if only my alarm clock did not broken, if only dad’s car did not strike, I would not be late. Never in my life have I come late at school, today was my bad day, I really disappointed with myself.

I reached the school yard. I ran as fast as I could, until I bumped to a guy who walk sleepily. I didn’t even say sorry, and continued my running. But it was too late. The class has just started. I knocked the door, and the teacher told me to get inside.

“Stay here for a while..” She asked me to stand in the front. “What’s your name?” she asked.

When I wanted to say my name, there came a guy. He opened the door, bowed and said, “I’m sorry that I’m late..”

The teacher told him to stand next to me.

“Now, what’s your name agassi?” She asked me again.

“My name is Oh Wangbi.”

“And you?” She asked the guy next to me.

“Kim Sunggyu, saem (teacher)..”

“Okay, Wangbi ssi, Sunggyu ssi, don’t you think you both come to the wrong school?” She asked.

“No, saem..” We both answered.

“What school do you attend?” She asked again.

“Jeonju National High School.” I answered quickly.

And he added with, “...saem.” (Adding the word teacher in every words, meaning you polite)

“Yep, this school is one of the prestigious school in Jeonju, so I hope you both understand about disciplinary that held in this school. Take it as your learning, and don’t make a second mistake. Now, you both just go sit there.” She pointed where I should sit.

What???

“The last corner??” I was shocked.

“You late agassi, what will you expect?” She answered with a poker face.

Heol.. I couldn’t believe it. I never sat in the last corner, I always in the front row. I complained to myself, but in reality I was just helpless following that guy to the place where we belong. Last. Corner.

 

At the break time, I was busy asking the front-row-ers to exchange seat with me. But they all were say no. Until I was desperate, and asked in the front with louder voice, “Is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter